Trump Legal Troubles

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

I'm pretty sure if I was tits deep in criming I wouldn't want Jack Smith on my tail.  Trump trying to match wits is a comedy.  I love the reports of Smith not taking his eyes off Trump during his entire arraignment.  I imagined with the same contempt any sane man has for someone who is trying to steal our democracy. And Trump not making eye contact.  Coward.  The only thing that can save Trump now will be a miscarriage of justice.  

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's what I think we are seeing.  I think he knows he is absolutely screwed in court.  So, he's trying to convince as many wackos as possible about all this stuff so when he's hauled off to jail, there is violence in the streets.

Or so that his wackos demand that the next Republican POTUS pardons him.  Which I believe is likely to happen anyway.  

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

Here's what I think we are seeing.  I think he knows he is absolutely screwed in court.  So, he's trying to convince as many wackos as possible about all this stuff so when he's hauled off to jail, there is violence in the streets.

I wonder, and this is total conspiracy theory stuff that I am usually not a fan of but could there be a "Hey...we will never actually bring you into court IF you just announce that you are not running for President, ever again". Like, they would just drag it out. and out and out until he dies.

Probably not something that would happen but it would make for a good Netflix series!

• Plus1 1
49 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I wonder, and this is total conspiracy theory stuff that I am usually not a fan of but could there be a "Hey...we will never actually bring you into court IF you just announce that you are not running for President, ever again". Like, they would just drag it out. and out and out until he dies.

Probably not something that would happen but it would make for a good Netflix series!

He couldn’t be trusted to commit to that.  Plus, then that would effectively label this as a political prosecution.  

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I think you're wrong most of the time, but this just might be plausible. 

4 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Or so that his wackos demand that the next Republican POTUS pardons him.  Which I believe is likely to happen anyway.  

Perhaps if Chris Krispy Cream Christie is the next GOP POTUS he won't get the pardon - or maybe Christie waits to year 7, 11 months 30 days of his presidency to do so ;)  or maybe he passes the responsibility on to his VP, Liz Cheeney, who waits until year 7, 11 months, 30 days of her term. :o

• Oh Yeah! 1