Trump Legal Troubles

1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The funniest part is that 75 million Americans are going to vote for this guy and we have to pretend that these are serious people and that their political views are balanced.

Donald Trump, no matter what, has a 45% chance to win as a low. His current chances of winning are 50-55%.

Zero chance he gets 75 million votes.

At BEST he will hit 68.5 and that is a stretch.  

But he won't sniff 70

• Plus1 1

Telling that MAGA, the Tea Party, the Christian Coalition types have been frothing at the mouth "throw the bastards out hrmmpph!!" for years.  Then when this grifting carnival barking fraud showed up on the scene they want to install him as a dictator.  Why?  Simple. Because he hates the same people they do.  

3 hours ago, teachercd said:

Zero chance he gets 75 million votes.

At BEST he will hit 68.5 and that is a stretch.  

But he won't sniff 70

I think you are probably right. I wouldn't say zero chance, but Clinton only got 65.8MM votes when she won the popular vote. 2020 was a weird year. Biden got 81 million in 2020. I really doubt he's getting that many in 2024. I wouldn't be surprised if this is a down election as far as # of voters. In 2020 it was a HUGE increase, far more than the entire population increased in that time.

The problem for Biden is people are only excited for him in order to keep Trump out.
Trump's base is excited for their cult leader who the commie left is trying to lock up, and they want to save him so he can save their country.

So maybe Trump wins 68MM to 66MM. And if he wins the popular vote there's almost no chance Biden wins the Electoral, unless he's super lucky in where his voters live.

In looking at these #s again for the first time since 2020... it's so f#&%ing bats#!t crazy Trump has convinced people the election was stolen. He lost by SIX MILLION VOTES. 51.3% to 46.9%. It was more than twice the margin (percentage-wise) Clinton won the popular vote by in 2016.

22 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Isn’t there something where the defendant can get a new trial if it’s proved that they weren’t given proper defense?

That would suck.   But, I would think it would be with the same judge.  

There is BUT I think it is rare except on TV shows, kind of like the insanity plea.  I just think statistically it doesn't happen all that much but I could be wrong.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Isn’t there something where the defendant can get a new trial if it’s proved that they weren’t given proper defense?

That would suck.   But, I would think it would be with the same judge.  

Yes, he is going to pull more money out of those uneducated voters of his telling them their pure savior is under attack. 

Just wait until the NY fraud case verdict comes out.  He's already been found guilty.  His defense was terrible. I can imagine that the judge will hit him hard in fines and even revoke his NY state business license as he shows no remorse at all. 

• TBH 1
1 minute ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, he is going to pull more money out of those uneducated voters of his telling them their pure savior is under attack. 

Just wait until the NY fraud case verdict comes out.  He's already been found guilty.  His defense was terrible. I can imagine that the judge will hit him hard in fines and even revoke his NY state business license as he shows no remorse at all. 

This is the thing that I can not figure out with him, and if I step back and take my feelings towards him out of it, the guy can not shut up and do what's best for even himself.

There has never been a crook as high profile as him get into legal problems and do and say things so detrimental to his own defense.  He just keeps digging his hole deeper and deeper.

Sad thing is, it keeps strengthening how much the cult loves him.