Trump Legal Troubles

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So as someone that teaches a class on this stuff, this is pretty spot on.  

I think the #1 reason that it is not reported though, is that a lot of people don't actually know if they have become "a victim", as in, they don't really know if it was assault. 

The biggest issue is the belief that a lot of these filings are false or made up, but that is just not the case.  MAYBE 3% are fake, maybe.  If anything, they are underreported by a ton.

Oh and dudes basically never report, I think it is less than 1%, so it pretty much is impossible to study.  

Yep. 

I just conducted a sexual assault hearing today. The Complainant did not come forward for almost a year after the alleged conduct, because it didn't dawn on her that some of the stuff her boyfriend did may have been considered assault, until after the relationship ended. Now, in this particular case, the evidence and the credible arguments were not sufficient to show that the boyfriend was responsible for assault. That doesn't mean that the report was false, it just means that the evidence wasn't there. I actually feel bad for both parties in this case.

Just now, Ulty said:

Yep. 

I just conducted a sexual assault hearing today. The Complainant did not come forward for almost a year after the alleged conduct, because it didn't dawn on her that some of the stuff her boyfriend did may have been considered assault, until after the relationship ended. Now, in this particular case, the evidence and the credible arguments were not sufficient to show that the boyfriend was responsible for assault. That doesn't mean that the report was false, it just means that the evidence wasn't there. I actually feel bad for both parties in this case.

The thing is MOST people think "sexual assault" is a stranger jumping out from a bush while you walk home and they beat you up and rape you but that is not even close, not at all.  

Most of it is confusing and impaired and subtle (that is probably not the right word) but it is not loud and not violent and not "forced" and often times met with little or no resistance because of fear or panic. 

Just now, Guy Chamberlin said:

What a coincidence. I majored in Charlie Moore.

So did Howard Hesseman!

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

The thing is MOST people think "sexual assault" is a stranger jumping out from a bush while you walk home and they beat you up and rape you but that is not even close, not at all.  

Most of it is confusing and impaired and subtle (that is probably not the right word) but it is not loud and not violent and not "forced" and often times met with little or no resistance because of fear or panic. 

So did Howard Hesseman!

Dammit.  My wife never panics!  This explains a lot!!!!

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Classic victim blaming here, nice job. Let's have a quick look at this:

I don’t think you understand what the words victim blaming actual mean:facepalm:.  I’ll ask her and later down in the post just to make sure you see it.    WHERE DID I BLAME E JEAN FOR BEING ASSAULTED?   I only claim to believe it probably never happened.   Those two things are not even in the same universe.   You of all people should know this.  

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

This happens for a variety of reasons, and your victim-blaming posts is one of the responses that many survivors wish to avoid. Survivors fear retaliation.

Once again, you seem to not understand what victim blaming is and isn’t.   Nor do you understand retaliation if you think I am trying to retaliate against that lady.   I literally just don’t believe her and gave my reasons why.   

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Hell, given what we know about Donald Trump's credibility, I could probably accuse him of sexual assault and win.

Unwittingly you just kinda made my case.  Where the case was tried probably influenced the outcome since it’s civil and it criminal case. As I said earlier, try the case in different jurisdictions across the country and you probably have different outcomes.  

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

I'm not saying the civil case was a slam dunk; both sides still had to make compelling arguments. But a civil judgment does not require proof beyond a reasonable doubt

We all know this and further goes into what I’m talking about. 

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

If you have to base a lot of the decision on credibility, and the defendant behaves in the way Trump does - never presenting a cogent argument and only attacking, defaming, and making a fool of himself - winning this case was actually much easier than it would be for the typical sexual assault survivor.

You literally are saying the same thing I pointed out, but claiming I’m “victim shaming”.  Trumps lawyers were awful, and he was a terrible client during the trial.  

1 hour ago, Ulty said:

The hard part for her was coming forward in the first place, and withstanding Trump's nationwide army of dumbasses and people like you who would rather blame her than believe her. 

You really are piece of work.   I will respectfully ask you to point out in anything I’ve said where I blame her for being assaulted.  I’ve said I don’t believe her and gave reasons why.   

Hell, people like you probably still believe the Duke LaCross kids should be in jail or the UVA kids should be in jail or that Kavanaugh was some serial rapist before magically becoming SCOTUS Justice.  

How you don’t understand that it’s possible for “victims” to not actually be victims is beyond me.   

For the last time and I’ll put it in bold again…..WHERE SPECIFICALLY DID I BLAME HER FOR BEING ASSAULTED?  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

How it started:

4 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

I only followed the E Jean case from a top line standpoint.  It’s amazing he lost the civil case.   It was a he said/she said argument and his lawyers failed to have him testify!  So she gets to state her case, she doesn’t know what year this allegedly happened, no dna evidence that I saw was presented (I think both sides agreed to this) 30 plus years of her not expressing an issue about it publicly all the while Trump is in the public eye, her favorite TV is the apprentice at one point!   Who does that????  Allegedly gets sexually assaulted, then really enjoys watching the person who assaulted her be on tv?!?

How it's going:

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

I don’t think you understand what the words victim blaming actual mean:facepalm:.  I’ll ask her and later down in the post just to make sure you see it.    WHERE DID I BLAME E JEAN FOR BEING ASSAULTED?   I only claim to believe it probably never happened.   Those two things are not even in the same universe.   You of all people should know this.  

For the last time and I’ll put it in bold again…..WHERE SPECIFICALLY DID I BLAME HER FOR BEING ASSAULTED?  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, Ulty said:

Yep. 

So I find this fascinating.    I present to a poster some reasons why I thought the Trump case was decided wrong.  Meaning, as you said above, I didn’t think the evidence was there, yet you consider that to be Victim Shaming.    

You claim to have an evidentiary hearing where a  female came forward, and you believe there isn’t enough evidence to show an assault took place, yet somehow you aren’t victim shaming.  Hmmmmmmm.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

How it started:

How it's going:

Color me shocked you aren’t understand the difference between shaming and not believing, in this argument.   Probably purposefully but who knows.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
10 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

Color me shocked you aren’t understand the difference between shaming and not believing, in this argument.   Probably purposefully but who knows.  

RedDenver made it easy for you by bolding the most relevant content of your own post, but you are still being willfully obtuse. You shamed her for not behaving in the way that you would have expected a "real" sexual assault victim to behave. You don't believe her because she doesn't fit into YOUR expectations. Luckily, a jury actually weighed all of the facts and evidence, instead of slipping into Archy's judgment of post-sexual assault behaviors. 

• Plus1 2

Good lord, this post is almost too stupid to respond to, but I'm going to try anyway.

17 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

So I find this fascinating.    I present to a poster some reasons why I thought the Trump case was decided wrong.  Meaning, as you said above, I didn’t think the evidence was there, yet you consider that to be Victim Shaming.

You didn't think the evidence was there...based on the fact that she didn't report the assault for years? Based on her watching the Apprentice? When you mocked these behaviors is where you shamed her. You certainly have not presented any sort of legal argument for why you think Trump wasn't guilty.

19 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

You claim to have an evidentiary hearing where a  female came forward, and you believe there isn’t enough evidence to show an assault took place, yet somehow you aren’t victim shaming.  Hmmmmmmm.  

This is dumb. Really dumb. Uncharacteristically dumb for you. Amazing. You see, in the case I heard this week, I believe there wasn't enough evidence to show sexual misconduct. I am basing that decision after carefully listening to testimony, reviewing evidence, and weighing credibility. I am going to spend the next few days carefully crafting a report that articulates this decision while taking great care to not blame or shame the Complainant for her reactions. 

In the Trump/Carroll case, a jury carefully listened to testimony, reviewed evidence, and weighed credibility, and found in a court of law that there was sufficient evidence of his guilt. That's the way it works. Each finding for each specific case is based on the unique facts of that one case. 

If you think that your earlier post was not a version of victim shaming, yet my professional determination in a case that you know nothing about somehow does constitute victim shaming, well...hmmmmmm yourself.

I do believe a jury of your peers right here on Huskerboard will review these posts and determine that you are talking out of your a$$.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 3
33 minutes ago, Ulty said:
44 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

RedDenver made it easy for you by bolding the most relevant content of your own post, but you are still being willfully obtuse. You shamed her for not behaving in the way that you would have expected a "real" sexual assault victim to behave. You don't believe her because she doesn't fit into YOUR expectations. Luckily, a jury actually weighed all of the facts and evidence, instead of slipping into Archy's judgment of post-sexual assault behaviors. 

It’s amazing I have to do this considering the job you say you have but here we are….

You claim Trump is guilty for behaving in a way that doesn’t meet your expectations of a bit guilty man.  Yet there isn’t much tangible physical evidence (maybe you can provide and help change my mind) or corroborating evidence of the assault.   Your main thought process is how Trump acted made people find him guilty.   How do we know this?????  You literally said you could make a baseless claim and have him convicted.   

Yet, when I use some of E Jeans actions as a case for why I don’t believe the event took place, you say it’s victim shaming and nonsense.  While never acknowledging that false reports DO take place and we need to take these types of cases seriously no matter how we feel towards the defendant or the person making the allegations and make sure the evidence is there.  The jury said it does, I from an outsiders perspective didn’t think it did.   And based off that, you begin to make childish accusations trying to disparage someone vs having an adult conversation about and making a case for why you think the jury got it right.    You just can’t help yourself into discussing the case itself without making it about the poster.  thats unfortunate and shameful 

• Haha 2
  • TBH 1