Trump Legal Troubles

12 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I'm all out of whack. I was referencing Article 3 section 3. Not the 14th Amendment, but I think my point still stands. You can't just say someone is a traitor, insurrectionists, etc and have it be so. There has to be some official proceeding with due process. Who determines who has engaged in insurrection? In this case Title 18 U.S. Code 2383 would be the enforce code for insurrection under the criminal justice code.

His conduct was adjudicated.  Again the 14th Amendment section 3 does not require a "conviction of insurrection".  If that was the intent surely it would have been spelled out.  

Again to your last paragraph, blame Merrick Garland and the court system.

We could do that. But it still doesn't make the situation extraordinary. It's happening right now.  

I get. It's done.  It's an amendment that is wide open to interpretation.  So let's do the 2nd amendment next.   

The five conservative justices bungled this decision, probably intentionally, based on what I posted above.  As Judge Luttig puts it :  "the five-Justice majority effectively decided not only that the former president will never be subject to disqualification, but that no person who ever engages in an insurrection against the Constitution of the United States in the future will be disqualified under the Fourteenth Amendment’s Disqualification Clause. "

That's the scary part.  It's now strictly up to Congress and we've seen how resistant they've been to hold an insurrection accountable.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 2

15 hours ago, commando said:

does this ruling say that...if trump is found guilty of insurrection in a court of law......he is still good to go for president as long as congress doesn't ban him?

Apparently so, yes

26 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

His conduct was adjudicated.  Again the 14th Amendment section 3 does not require a "conviction of insurrection".  If that was the intent surely it would have been spelled out.  

We could do that. But it still doesn't make the situation extraordinary. It's happening right now.  

I get. It's done.  It's an amendment that is wide open to interpretation.  So let's do the 2nd amendment next.   

The five conservative justices bungled this decision, probably intentionally, based on what I posted above.  As Judge Luttig puts it :  "the five-Justice majority effectively decided not only that the former president will never be subject to disqualification, but that no person who ever engages in an insurrection against the Constitution of the United States in the future will be disqualified under the Fourteenth Amendment’s Disqualification Clause. "

That's the scary part.  It's now strictly up to Congress and we've seen how resistant they've been to hold an insurrection accountable.

How does a state court adjudicate for a federal crime??? I mean, take the political blinders off and just think about this thing logically. There's a reason it was a unanimous decision. The reasoning of the conservative justice maybe wrong but the outcome is correct, and I think you're blowing this way out of proportion.

• Haha 2
  • Fire 1
  • Worth a Look 2
1 hour ago, ZRod said:

How does a state court adjudicate for a federal crime??? I mean, take the political blinders off and just think about this thing logically. There's a reason it was a unanimous decision. The reasoning of the conservative justice maybe wrong but the outcome is correct, and I think you're blowing this way out of proportion.

This is where I am at.  I don't like Trump, but you can't just keep him off the ballot because he is a jerk.  Could Red state keep of Biden because they think he isn't all there?  No 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

It seems the Georgia case may now be imploding because of the nature of the Trump/Raff recording.  And the Jan6 commission knew this and apparently it’s why they didn’t call Fuchs as a witness.  I wonder if some Florida Republican prosecutor will charge her with a crime now as a favor to Trump.  

I really thought the GA case would be the one that gets Trump.  He may now skate from it.  

The FL documents case was the other one I thought he really couldn’t win, but now that Biden got away from his, I think the best Trump could get charged for is probably obstruction in that case and not mishandling.  

• Fire 1

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/politics/trump-employee-5-classified-documents-mar-a-lago/index.html

"Butler told CNN how he unknowingly helped Nauta deliver boxes of classified information from Mar-a-Lago to the former president’s plane in June 2022 – the same day that Trump and his attorney were meeting with the Justice Department at Mar-a-Lago about the classified documents."

“That day, June 3, 2022, Butler received what he remembers as a strange request from Nauta, who wanted to know if he could borrow an Escalade from the car service Butler ran for Mar-a-Lago. Trump and his family were about to fly to New Jersey that day for the summer, and it was typically Butler and his valets who handled getting their luggage onto the plane.”

"But it was an unusual request from Nauta for the car, Butler says, because Nauta typically didn’t handle moving luggage and asked Butler for the car in a guarded way."

"Butler says Nauta and De Oliveira loaded up the vehicle before driving it to the West Palm Beach airport. Butler arrived with his own car filled with Trump family luggage, then helped Nauta load Trump’s plane with the luggage – as well as bankers boxes of documents that were in the Escalade. Butler says he didn’t realize the bankers boxes contained anything out of the ordinary."

“I left Mar-a-Lago. I texted him, ‘Hey, I’m on my way.’ He followed me. He pulled out and got behind me. We got to the airport. I ended up loading all the luggage I had – and he had a bunch of boxes,” Butler said of Nauta."

“They were the boxes that were in the indictment, the white bankers boxes. That’s what I remember loading,” Butler added.

Havent made a post in a few years in this forum because arguing/debating MAGA is tiresome. If Trump told them the sky was yellow, they would defend it. Just wanted to say, god bless this witness that came forward to tell his story putting his safety and his families safety in jeopardy. Hopefully this convinces more witnesses to come forward and tell the public what this man really is… a TRAITOR to the Unites States. And anyone who defends or votes for him is a TRAITOR! 

The worst part about this case is the corrupt judge, Aileen Cannon, knows everything he did. She knows every piece of evidence. She knows he told and possibly sold nuclear secrets to people from other countries as was corroborated by this witness last night with the Australian billionaire. She knows every country and person he sold documents to. By the way, what happened to the documents he moved to NJ the day of the raid? Maybe someone should dig up Ivana’s grave. Or worse yet, sold to another country. And yet, she protects him which makes her a TRAITOR as well. 

We all know this judge wont allow this case to proceed, so its time Jack Smith holds court of public opinion. Release the evidence to the public, call out the corrupt judge. The American people need to know how much of a national security risk this guy is.  I think we have enough normal people in this country to understand that if this man becomes president again, we are screwed. God help us all if thats not the case. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 3
38 minutes ago, Ratt Mhule said:

Havent made a post in a few years in this forum because arguing/debating MAGA is tiresome. If Trump told them the sky was yellow, they would defend it. Just wanted to say, god bless this witness that came forward to tell his story putting his safety and his families safety in jeopardy. Hopefully this convinces more witnesses to come forward and tell the public what this man really is… a TRAITOR to the Unites States. And anyone who defends or votes for him is a TRAITOR! 

The worst part about this case is the corrupt judge, Aileen Cannon, knows everything he did. She knows every piece of evidence. She knows he told and possibly sold nuclear secrets to people from other countries as was corroborated by this witness last night with the Australian billionaire. She knows every country and person he sold documents to. By the way, what happened to the documents he moved to NJ the day of the raid? Maybe someone should dig up Ivana’s grave. Or worse yet, sold to another country. And yet, she protects him which makes her a TRAITOR as well. 

We all know this judge wont allow this case to proceed, so its time Jack Smith holds court of public opinion. Release the evidence to the public, call out the corrupt judge. The American people need to know how much of a national security risk this guy is.  I think we have enough normal people in this country to understand that if this man becomes president again, we are screwed. God help us all if thats not the case. 

And, he’s about to start getting security briefings again. 

13 hours ago, Scarlet said:

https://www.cnn.com/2024/03/11/politics/trump-employee-5-classified-documents-mar-a-lago/index.html

"Butler told CNN how he unknowingly helped Nauta deliver boxes of classified information from Mar-a-Lago to the former president’s plane in June 2022 – the same day that Trump and his attorney were meeting with the Justice Department at Mar-a-Lago about the classified documents."

“That day, June 3, 2022, Butler received what he remembers as a strange request from Nauta, who wanted to know if he could borrow an Escalade from the car service Butler ran for Mar-a-Lago. Trump and his family were about to fly to New Jersey that day for the summer, and it was typically Butler and his valets who handled getting their luggage onto the plane.”

"But it was an unusual request from Nauta for the car, Butler says, because Nauta typically didn’t handle moving luggage and asked Butler for the car in a guarded way."

"Butler says Nauta and De Oliveira loaded up the vehicle before driving it to the West Palm Beach airport. Butler arrived with his own car filled with Trump family luggage, then helped Nauta load Trump’s plane with the luggage – as well as bankers boxes of documents that were in the Escalade. Butler says he didn’t realize the bankers boxes contained anything out of the ordinary."

“I left Mar-a-Lago. I texted him, ‘Hey, I’m on my way.’ He followed me. He pulled out and got behind me. We got to the airport. I ended up loading all the luggage I had – and he had a bunch of boxes,” Butler said of Nauta."

“They were the boxes that were in the indictment, the white bankers boxes. That’s what I remember loading,” Butler added.