The Republican Utopia

Agree with both of the two comments above. The Democrats are not the solution, they're just the less crazy of the two parties at the moment.  So while we should resist the naked corruption and awfulness of the Republicans, if/when the Democrats come back to power they need much watching as well. 

• Plus1 3

Conservatives apparently want to anoint Ted Cruz Jr. here to be the next Speaker instead of Kevin McCarthy, whom Paul Ryan endorsed to succeed him.

I had to laugh. The author actually used his high school wrestling record in the very first sentence endorsing Jordan as speaker.

Sounds like conservatives are not happy there haven't been more bills for Trump to sign, namely dismantling the government, slashing spending & building the wall.

With any luck, this guy can squabble over being House Minority Leader in the fall.

On 4/24/2018 at 11:26 AM, TGHusker said:

:ahhhhhhhh  Mr Putin has no need of hacking. He has a direct connection to Trump's brain.

"Trump's brain..."  :LOLtartar

Dunno why...but I found those two words hilarious because they do not belong in the same sentence, like: oil and water, religion and lbgt, facts and conservatives.

Just ribbin' ya...don't have a meltdown.  :D

On 4/28/2018 at 7:05 PM, Making Chimichangas said:

"Trump's brain..."  :LOLtartar

Dunno why...but I found those two words hilarious because they do not belong in the same sentence, like: oil and water, religion and lbgt, facts and conservatives.

Just ribbin' ya...don't have a meltdown.  :D

I can laugh wt you.  We can have differences but still be friends.  Besides we have the Huskers as a bond! A liberal Husker is 10x better than a conservative Sooner or Hawkeye! 

Yes, Trump's brain is also one of those oxymoron type of things (maybe Tillerson had it right -- just moron)  - like government worker, large shrimp, etc 

5 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I can laugh wt you.  We can have differences but still be friends.  Besides we have the Huskers as a bond! A liberal Husker is 10x better than a conservative Sooner or Hawkeye! 

Yes, Trump's brain is also one of those oxymoron type of things (maybe Tillerson had it right -- just moron)  - like government worker, large shrimp, etc 

Whispers: I'm actually more conservative than I let on.  I believe in, and support, conservative fiscal policy moreso than I ever do liberal tax and spend policies.

I'm also a "right-wing, pro-gun" kinda gal.  I don't necessarily give a hoot what the NRA says, but I love guns.

I just lean Democrat because theoretically they're the party least likely to make someone like me into a hate crime stat.

Here's why I can't get on board with Rubio.

He's definitely smart enough to know what he's doing. He apparently understands that the tax bill didn't do jack diddly for the middle class, which seems to be important to him.

But he lacks the courage of his convictions to actually do anything when it mattered. He just went along to get along because he understood he could grouse about it later.

He's a case of perpetually unfulfilled potential. He seems to realize he disagrees with his own party's policy, but when the rubber hits the road, he just doesn't have the guts to go against them.

• Plus1 3
55 minutes ago, Making Chimichangas said:

Whispers: I'm actually more conservative than I let on.  I believe in, and support, conservative fiscal policy moreso than I ever do liberal tax and spend policies.

I'm also a "right-wing, pro-gun" kinda gal.  I don't necessarily give a hoot what the NRA says, but I love guns.

I just lean Democrat because theoretically they're the party least likely to make someone like me into a hate crime stat.

:thumbs

35 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Here's why I can't get on board with Rubio.

He's definitely smart enough to know what he's doing. He apparently understands that the tax bill didn't do jack diddly for the middle class, which seems to be important to him.

But he lacks the courage of his convictions to actually do anything when it mattered. He just went along to get along because he understood he could grouse about it later.

He's a case of perpetually unfulfilled potential. He seems to realize he disagrees with his own party's policy, but when the rubber hits the road, he just doesn't have the guts to go against them.

From the article this quote below.  The tax cut 'benefits' are being erased by rising fuel prices and a stagnant/dropping wall street (think 401k).  In January everything was roses and then

we had the beginning of the market decline and now we see rising gas prices.  Thus the positive pocket book issue is turning towards negative.   

Back to the topic - I was a Rubio supporter in the primaries (after Gov Walker quickly flamed out).  But as time went on he didn't stand up to Chrispy Cream Christie or to Trump.

So it is right to question his back bone.  And you need back bone to see good policy through to the end.

Why it matters: This is a message that several Democrats have been pushing hard, and getting backlash for, in an attempt to detract from the GOP's lead play ahead of the midterm elections. Republicans are betting on the positive effects of the tax law to retain their congressional majority. It's the biggest legislative victory the party has to show for their time in office so far.

• Plus1 1