The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

And Democrats do the same damn thing. But you seem to have missed it. And no one here on Bubble Board would either notice or point it out.

so it's horrible when democrats do it...and commendable when trump does it?   am i missing something?   

• Plus1 1
9 hours ago, commando said:

has hagel been saying anything about trump before this.   i haven't noticed.   but he seems to be late to the party if he is just now starting to question trumps "competency of leadership."

I think he was trying to take a step back from politics, or that's how I interpret his absence. He is appearing in a Campaign add here in Michigan for a candidate opposing Trump-ates

27 minutes ago, ZRod said:

I think he was trying to take a step back from politics, or that's how I interpret his absence. He is appearing in a Campaign add here in Michigan for a candidate opposing Trump-ates

i can understand that.  that would explain why i had not heard him say anything before.   :)

18 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

And Democrats do the same damn thing. But you seem to have missed it. And no one here on Bubble Board would either notice or point it out.

No, it's not a "both sides" thing.  The reason you see similar stories on the centrist newspapers is because they actually do journalism and use sources and facts and they investigate before they publish and that tends to lead to fairly similar reporting.  If the right did that too then it'd be a both sides thing, but they don't, they throw a bunch of fear-mongering s#!t out there and then push what sticks without concern for evidence, facts or science, instead usually directly opposed to them, and designed to manipulate through fear and outrage.  That's not the same thing.

• Plus1 2

On 11/1/2018 at 11:37 AM, Ric Flair said:

Protecting the border is a constitutional obligation. The myriad of Democratic handouts to buy votes are gimmicks.

Yep, we better send 5000+ troops to defend against poor, homeless people who can't even afford transportation so they're walking the effing length of Mexico to get here.

Hell, if they're willing to walk the length of Mexico to get here, then I'm more supportive of them being US citizens than the majority of the ones simply born here.

• Plus1 2
23 hours ago, knapplc said:

It's like watching the Red River Shootout and there's a Texas fan constantly bitching about Oklahoma fans, but most of us he's bitching to are USC fans.

And no matter how many times we tell him, all he does is continue to bitch about Oklahoma. 

Yeah, you guys are independent outsiders without a dog in the fight. Good comparison.

:laughpound:bang

22 hours ago, commando said:

so it's horrible when democrats do it...and commendable when trump does it?   am i missing something?   

No, it’s bad when both sides do it...as I have said NUMEROUS times before.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, RedDenver said:

Yep, we better send 5000+ troops to defend against poor, homeless people who can't even afford transportation so they're walking the effing length of Mexico to get here.

Hell, if they're willing to walk the length of Mexico to get here, then I'm more supportive of them being US citizens than the majority of the ones simply born here.

They’re illegals, have no fight to be here, and we have no idea who they are. But that’s all trumped by your sympathy.

Typical liberal thinking. #SAD

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, methodical said:

No, it's not a "both sides" thing.  The reason you see similar stories on the centrist newspapers is because they actually do journalism and use sources and facts and they investigate before they publish and that tends to lead to fairly similar reporting.  If the right did that too then it'd be a both sides thing, but they don't, they throw a bunch of fear-mongering s#!t out there and then push what sticks without concern for evidence, facts or science, instead usually directly opposed to them, and designed to manipulate through fear and outrage.  That's not the same thing.

If you honestly think the left doesn’t do the same thing...ALL THE TIME, then you haven’t been paying attention.

• Thanks 1

The irony of you calling it bubble board. When's the last time you considered a differing view point instead of denigrating it? When's the last time you opened your mind and tested your beliefs? It certainly hasn't happened here, and I'm not sure why you keep coming back if you wouldn't consider doing either of those.

Now, give your canned response complaining about filthy liberals while dodging any structured arguments.

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, you guys are independent outsiders without a dog in the fight. Good comparison.

:laughpound:bang

No, it’s bad when both sides do it...as I have said NUMEROUS times before.

yet you demonize the dems for it and pray at the alter of trump.   :dunno

• Plus1 1
37 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They’re illegals, have no fight to be here, and we have no idea who they are. But that’s all trumped by your sympathy.

better to send armed troops with orders to shoot because the border patrol is overwhelmed by all the illegals invading our country ever since trump took over.  it's much worse now than when obama was president  

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

They aren't illegals. They can claim asylum or apply for entry just like other immigrants have done. We have a pretty good idea of who they are as they'll go through a lengthy immigration process. So you've basically got no argument in there.

And aren't conservatives and Republicans supposed to be all about hard work and pulling yourself up by your bootstraps? Isn't that what walking for months shows? These people should be hailed as amongst the most courageous and determined of any immigrants coming here including most if not all of our own ancestors.

But you can't see them as human beings. Typical trumpist thinking. #SAD

• Plus1 2