The Republican Utopia

Remember when the global pandemic struck during the Trump administration and he couldn't be held accountable for its sweeping and unprecedented impact on the economy?

That was true. The U.S. could mitigate but not avoid the consequences. As it turned out, the U.S. did a pretty good job, coming out far better than both our global adversaries and allies. Inflation was a predictable and unfortunate result, but we appear to be emerging from the worst of it, with most other economic indicators looking strong.

Why aren't we celebrating this American exceptionalism?

In unrelated news, a premium 22 pound turkey is less than half the price of one ticket to "Beetlejuice: The Musical"

• Haha 2
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Remember when the global pandemic struck during the Trump administration and he couldn't be held accountable for its sweeping and unprecedented impact on the economy?

That was true. The U.S. could mitigate but not avoid the consequences. As it turned out, the U.S. did a pretty good job, coming out far better than both our global adversaries and allies. Inflation was a predictable and unfortunate result, but we appear to be emerging from the worst of it, with most other economic indicators looking strong.

Why aren't we celebrating this American exceptionalism?

In unrelated news, a premium 22 pound turkey is less than half the price of one ticket to "Beetlejuice: The Musical"

I was surprised this was made into a musical but I have only heard good things about it.  Same with Mean Girls which I would go see in a second.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Haha!  I can see people writing this down!

We all have one relative that is sort of "that guy", right?

The nut?

Gosh, I wish it was only one "that guy"  The number of people addicted to nutty conspiracy theories would suggest a majority at any dinner table, not just the rogue drunk uncle. 

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Gosh, I wish it was only one "that guy"  The number of people addicted to nutty conspiracy theories would suggest a majority at any dinner table, not just the rogue drunk uncle. 

My bro-in-law is SORT of that guy.  He totally is scared of banks and pretty much hides all his money in a safe.  But he is also the most helpful person I have ever met, so it is kind of an even trade.

• Plus1 1