The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Cdog923 said:

I believe that the downfall of society can directly be traced to when dodgeball in PE was banned. 

God it was fun.

Maybe not for Steve V, the chubby little nerd who tucked his perfectly white shirt into his perfectly white gym shorts, waiting for the teacher's whistle to blow, at which point he was immediately Voited into oblivion.

Oh right. That's probably why it was banned. 

I think the downfall of society was when they stopped letting hot art teachers dig their long fingernails into your neck. 

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, teachercd said:

I did MS for like 12 years.  I did not mind it BUT I was like the only male teacher in the MS so it seemed to help.  And I coached a lot of them too.

Did you have the experience that some years are just worse than others?

My brother was a public high school teacher for 40 years. He said some years they'd get a call from the principal of the MS feeder school warning them to "get ready." For reasons unclear and lacking advanced analytics, an entire school class can be loaded with a$$h@!es and troublemakers, while the next years' class may be surprisingly lovely.

My son got caught in a grade school class full of clueless and/or d******d boys and it followed them into high school. This opinion was shared by teachers, parents, the girls in the class and most of the boys themselves. 

MTG vs Boebert cat fight  :snacks:  No Utopia there.

https://dnyuz.com/2023/11/09/mtg-is-trashing-lauren-boebert-as-a-whore-to-gop-colleagues/

After Rep. Lauren Boebert helped get Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene kicked out of the House Freedom Caucus over the summer, Greene has been on a payback mission against her former-friend-turned-nemesis. And after a date at Beetlejuice The Musical turned into a national conversation about groping, Greene has resorted to a playbook familiar to any woman who survived high school: She’s telling GOP colleagues, according to lawmakers, that Boebert is a “whore.”

One Republican lawmaker, who has heard Greene use that word multiple times to describe Boebert, told The Daily Beast that Greene has been at this campaign for some time.

14 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Did you have the experience that some years are just worse than others?

My brother was a public high school teacher for 40 years. He said some years they'd get a call from the principal of the MS feeder school warning them to "get ready." For reasons unclear and lacking advanced analytics, an entire school class can be loaded with a$$h@!es and troublemakers, while the next years' class may be surprisingly lovely.

My son got caught in a grade school class full of clueless and/or d******d boys and it followed them into high school. This opinion was shared by teachers, parents, the girls in the class and most of the boys themselves. 

Oh yeah!

It is really amazing how 2-3 kids can change the entire vibe of a class/grade.  

When you really notice it is when those kids, the 2-3 knuckleheads are absent.  The class/day goes so much better.

• Plus1 1
8 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Oh yeah!

It is really amazing how 2-3 kids can change the entire vibe of a class/grade.  

When you really notice it is when those kids, the 2-3 knuckleheads are absent.  The class/day goes so much better.

I'm talking about more than 2-3 knuckleheads. It's like a big chunk of the class is a clique --- not necessarily disruptive troublemakers, just kinda entitled pricks, social climbers and poor academics. 

It wasn't middle school, but we did have a 5th grade teacher who took her #1 trouble-maker and gave him a corner of the room where he could flop around and do whatever he wanted while the rest of the kids listened and worked. I think it was a smart move --- the other kids never resented the kid for getting out of work. They just felt sorry for him. Teacher had done everything she could and wasn't going to risk the rest of the class. 

30 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm talking about more than 2-3 knuckleheads. It's like a big chunk of the class is a clique --- not necessarily disruptive troublemakers, just kinda entitled pricks, social climbers and poor academics. 

It wasn't middle school, but we did have a 5th grade teacher who took her #1 trouble-maker and gave him a corner of the room where he could flop around and do whatever he wanted while the rest of the kids listened and worked. I think it was a smart move --- the other kids never resented the kid for getting out of work. They just felt sorry for him. Teacher had done everything she could and wasn't going to risk the rest of the class. 

I have never really had a big chunk that were bad.  Luckily!  

• Plus1 1

Michigan GOP should hire Eric, Don Jr, Ivanka to help them with their bookkeeping.  

https://www.arcamax.com/currentnews/newsheadlines/s-2954563?fs

The Michigan Republican Party is considering how to deal with "imminent default" on its line of credit, according to a resignation letter from a member of the state GOP's budget committee.

The message, obtained Thursday by The Detroit News, reveals the seriousness of the financial struggles of a party in a battleground state, a year before the 2024 presidential election. Kristina Karamo, the Michigan GOP's chairwoman, has struggled to raise money after rising to power in February while railing against the party's "establishment," including past donors.

Jessica Barefield of Livingston County serves on the Michigan Republican Party's state committee, which features about 100 members. She also had been one of 13 Republicans on the influential budget committee, helping to oversee the finances.

"Despite my efforts, it has become evident that the issues within leadership and the committee are deeply rooted and resistant to change," Barefield wrote in her resignation letter. "It has reached a point where I feel it is no longer safe for me to be associated with this committee as it allows leadership to engage in practices that run counter to my principles and values."

Barefield said in the letter the budget committee had a Friday "emergency meeting" when the panel "was asked to weigh in on action steps regarding the imminent default on the line of credit," indicating the party is struggling to meet its obligations to pay back its past debts.