The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Here's the context and specific numbers you were provided: 70% of the Republican party believes the 2020 election was stolen from Trump, based on a variety of unfounded theories and unsupported evidence.

Not sure why I didn’t respond to this statement earlier.   The PA SCOTUS decision was not an unfounded theory or based on unsupported evidence. 

• Plus1 2

This video was in a post earlier in the thread but since the level of crazy within the ranks of the GOP is being discussed, again, it's worth a look if you haven't seen it. 

This is apparently being amplified by the hands down, no questions asked, runaway leader of the GOP with little if any pushback from GOP leadership or even right-wing Christian leaders.   

The level megalomania fueled narcissistic blasphemy is off the charts.  At this point all you can ask is if the GOP isn't filled with either lunatics or cowards or both, why isn't there full fledge criticism of this and why is this guy so highly revered within the ranks? 

The obvious answer is they're scared s#!tless of the ramifications on the party of calling him out. Which speaks volumes about how many loons are within the base.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
58 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

This video was in a post earlier in the thread but since the level of crazy within the ranks of the GOP is being discussed, again, it's worth a look if you haven't seen it. 

This is apparently being amplified by the hands down, no questions asked, runaway leader of the GOP with little if any pushback from GOP leadership or even right-wing Christian leaders.   

The level megalomania fueled narcissistic blasphemy is off the charts.  At this point all you can ask is if the GOP isn't filled with either lunatics or cowards or both, why isn't there full fledge criticism of this and why is this guy so highly revered within the ranks? 

The obvious answer is they're scared s#!tless of the ramifications on the party of calling him out. Which speaks volumes about how many loons are within the base.

I agree. And I ask the following with complete sincerity.

What is it that makes them all cowards? What could he possibly have to hold over a large percentage of Rs in Congress? 

It cannot just be crookedness...80% of our entire Congress are probably crooks in some fashion. What are they all afraid of.

3 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

I agree. And I ask the following with complete sincerity.

What is it that makes them all cowards? What could he possibly have to hold over a large percentage of Rs in Congress? 

It cannot just be crookedness...80% of our entire Congress are probably crooks in some fashion. What are they all afraid of.

I'd say it's as simple as they want to keep their jobs and the lifestyle that comes with it.  That, and if Trump takes his ball, goes home, and forms a third party the Republican Party is tanked.  Why else quite a few initially appalled by Jan 6th only to then flip back a few days later like McCarthy and Graham?

6 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

I'd say it's as simple as they want to keep their jobs and the lifestyle that comes with it.  That, and if Trump takes his ball, goes home, and forms a third party the Republican Party is tanked.  Why else quite a few initially appalled by Jan 6th only to then flip back a few days later like McCarthy and Graham?

That's a portion I'm sure. But I cannot understand why the party doesn't just pull a Lucy/Charlie Brown and just take the ball away when he tries to score...

It can't be just policy, hell even Romney and Cheney voted with him 90% of the time.

14 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

That's a portion I'm sure. But I cannot understand why the party doesn't just pull a Lucy/Charlie Brown and just take the ball away when he tries to score...

It can't be just policy, hell even Romney and Cheney voted with him 90% of the time.

They've had their chance multiple times.  You're right.  It isn't about policy.  It's 100% about fealty to Trump.  The litmus test is as simple as praise him and you're supported, speak out and you're banished.  Exactly as a narcissist demands.  

The Republican party incubated this mess they are in now by letting it go on this long.  If Trump leaves the party he'll take anywhere from around 30 to 50% of the GOP voters with him.  He'll burn it to the ground before ever relinquishing his power over the party.  

Or the only other reason I can think of is they're all true believers.  Either way the net effect is the same. 

• Plus1 2
25 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

they are afraid of trumps brown shirts

2 minutes ago, commando said:

they are afraid of trumps brown shirts

If they all said "f#*k this"...they don't even have to call him out publicly...he would have no shot.

I think @Scarletis right. They are true believers. Hopefully he doesn't have a Kool Aid party anytime soon.

42 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

If they all said "f#*k this"...they don't even have to call him out publicly...he would have no shot.

I think @Scarletis right. They are true believers. Hopefully he doesn't have a Kool Aid party anytime soon.

I just think they know it works and it’s because most of the GOP base are the “true believers”.  Our govt is representative of the citizens.  Politicians only suck because the people in our communities do.  There is a large amount of hatred and stupidity in our nation.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 4
1 hour ago, funhusker said:

I just think they know it works and it’s because most of the GOP base are the “true believers”.  Our govt is representative of the citizens.  Politicians only suck because the people in our communities do.  There is a large amount of hatred and stupidity in our nation.

Think of the stupid things people think are important!

Guns!  Nope, you don't need them

Ban abortion!  Why, don't get one if you don't want one

Death penalty bad!  No it isn't, bad people should be punished

All we all agree on is low taxes.  Everything listed above is what normal sane people should agree with but people go bonkers for no reason.  

• TBH 3
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

Think of the stupid things people think are important!

Guns!  Nope, you don't need them

Ban abortion!  Why, don't get one if you don't want one

Death penalty bad!  No it isn't, bad people should be punished

All we all agree on is low taxes.  Everything listed above is what normal sane people should agree with but people go bonkers for no reason.  

This is why we need a party in the middle.

• Thanks 1
9 minutes ago, Crusader Husker said:

This is why we need a party in the middle.

It is so true.

Most people are totally normal, they are YOUR neighbors, they are nice and fun and you are sort of friends with them but not really but you still don't think they are nuts.  

THAT IS AMERICA.  The problem is we have this insane group on the right and left that freak the f#&% out about s#!t that NO ONE cares about....

• Plus1 1