The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, Danny Bateman said:

When you finish your dissertation on Hunter's crimes I'd love to be in attendance when you defend it. Please keep us posted!

It was already completed early last year.  Sorry bro.   Maybe you can come to the next one.   

I have a March Madness player pool pick ‘em meeting coming up you can attend though:thumbs

• Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Scarlet said:

Polio approves of this

So, getting vaxxed is "required" but it is not enforced.  You can just opt out of it, it has been that way for years.  

Trump is just talking out of his a$$.  

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3

16 minutes ago, teachercd said:

So, getting vaxxed is "required" but it is not enforced.  You can just opt out of it, it has been that way for years.  

Trump is just talking out of his a$$.  

I knew you could opt out of some vaccines but (serious question coming) can kids without MMR or polio vaccines attend school in person?

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I knew you could opt out of some vaccines but (serious question coming) can kids without MMR or polio vaccines attend school in person?

Yep!

It changed a lot probably like 10+ years ago or so.  Probably for a few reasons but depending on the district you will either just say "No" or sign waiver type thing or get a doctors note and I have seen religious beliefs as well.  

• Plus1 1
44 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yep!

It changed a lot probably like 10+ years ago or so.  Probably for a few reasons but depending on the district you will either just say "No" or sign waiver type thing or get a doctors note and I have seen religious beliefs as well.  

So all the people that do it right can still be exposed by the anti-vax whackos. I think that’s effed up. Measles, Mumps Polio etc., if you elect to not be vaxxed then that should relegate you to home schooling.

Put me in charge of these things for one week if you want some problems solved.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

So all the people that do it right can still be exposed by the anti-vax whackos. I think that’s effed up. Measles, Mumps Polio etc., if you elect to not be vaxxed then that should relegate you to home schooling.

Put me in charge of these things for one week if you want some problems solved.

Correct

so I forget the year that it was, but once they made public education, public education, you also got to the point where you were unable to deny the right to be educated.

I think it was after WWI when we found out no one was actually going to school during the draft.

of course my guess is the argument would be (now) something like “how can you let a skinhead into school…he could hurt my child”

I don’t know for sure if that’s the argument that is used, but I could see that being how it goes.

• Plus1 1

21 minutes ago, ZRod said:

And then you have things like Minnesota where there are outbreaks of mumps...:facepalm:

I work in the medical field and have coworkers who openly talk about being skeptical of vaccinating themselves and their kids...

COVID was incredibly damaging in terms of taking a relatively fringe movement and mainstreaming it for a lot of people. It made it pretty easy to ID the morons amongst us, though.

Ole George had a pretty good take on this...

• TBH 2
45 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

I work in the medical field and have coworkers who openly talk about being skeptical of vaccinating themselves and their kids...

COVID was incredibly damaging in terms of taking a relatively fringe movement and mainstreaming it for a lot of people. It made it pretty easy to ID the morons amongst us, though.

Ole George had a pretty good take on this...

Yeah, there's some dumb f#&%ers with degrees. I've heard people in the medical field says some plain wrong things... There's some pretty dumb engineers too. I've worked with people from MIT, and clearly they book smart and street smart are different things.

33 minutes ago, DevoHusker said:

When was that?

Sorry, wrong M. It was measles. Pre COVID in 2017 and blamed on the Somali population there 

https://www.cnn.com/2017/05/08/health/measles-minnesota-somali-anti-vaccine-bn/index.html