The Republican Utopia

I have no idea who that lady is but I get her point.  George did a good job asking question(s) but if that is how she feels because of what happened to her in the past then he was "wrong".  I think how he should have framed the question should have been

"Are you at all comfortable on explaining why you endorsed a man that has been found liable for rape because I know you have spoken about your past and the horrible thing that happend to you"

Some of the "training" that we have done in my field is how to ask questions about very delicate topics.  starting with a "are you at all comfortable..." is one of the things we have been told by rape/kidnapping/trafficking victims.  Robin Roberts, who I think works with George or did work with him, is a total pro at asking those questions.  She exudes empathy and compassion and sympathy.  

Is it super odd that she would endorse him, of course it is, it seems crazy to me.  He asks a great question just asked it in a bad way. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

Trump finally admits what we knew all along - he's not a conservative.  But he got the label of what he says he is wrong.  He says he's a common sense man - no you are an opportunist plain and simple.  If he was a conservative, in the traditional sense, he would have to be a person who can develop, explain, and enact policies.  The same would be true if he were a liberal.  Behind the terms liberal and conservative are real policies and a commitment to those policies.  The MAGA party, formerly called the GOP,  is not a party of policies.  It is a party of grievances, complaints, obstruction and anger.  The 'party' is not motivated by policies but by loyalty to its leader who himself is motivated by anger, revenge, retribution and narcissism.  Common sense no - nationalism & opportunism yes. 

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/donald-trump-admits-he-s-not-a-conservative/ar-BB1jHj1m?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=DCTS&cvid=0840f31743ec486896c1ef9bc5c18cfe&ei=14

Former President Donald Trump admitted on Monday that he is not a conservative, saying instead that he's a "man of common sense."

"People say, 'you're conservative,' I'm not conservative, you know what I am, I'm a man of common sense and a lot of conservative policies are common sense," Trump said while appearing on CNBC's Squawk Box.

The former president went on to detail some of the policies he'd enact if reelected in 2024 saying, "we're not going to have open borders," and criticized President Joe Biden's handling of the U.S.-Mexico border.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

On a day when it's once again confirmed that the unquestioned leader of the GOP has a fascistic fetish for Hitler and that he moved boxes of classified documents to Bedminister, some might speculate, to make a nice final bedding set for Ivana, this nugget of Republican wisdom might have fallen through the cracks of the news cycle.  This brilliant idea should be further examined on it's merits.  What ever could wrong?

10 hours ago, teachercd said:

I have no idea who that lady is but I get her point.  George did a good job asking question(s) but if that is how she feels because of what happened to her in the past then he was "wrong".  I think how he should have framed the question should have been

"Are you at all comfortable on explaining why you endorsed a man that has been found liable for rape because I know you have spoken about your past and the horrible thing that happend to you"

Some of the "training" that we have done in my field is how to ask questions about very delicate topics.  starting with a "are you at all comfortable..." is one of the things we have been told by rape/kidnapping/trafficking victims.  Robin Roberts, who I think works with George or did work with him, is a total pro at asking those questions.  She exudes empathy and compassion and sympathy.  

Is it super odd that she would endorse him, of course it is, it seems crazy to me.  He asks a great question just asked it in a bad way. 

She had no point. I watched that interview. She didn’t want to answer the question. It wouldn’t have mattered how he asked it. She knows there is no logical way she can support Trump as a victim of sexual assault so anything related instantly became she was being shamed.  He could’ve asked her about the weather and she would’ve claimed he was shaming her. Effin farce.

• Plus1 1
  • TBH 3
17 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

She had no point. I watched that interview. She didn’t want to answer the question. It wouldn’t have mattered how he asked it. She knows there is no logical way she can support Trump as a victim of sexual assault so anything related instantly became she was being shamed.  He could’ve asked her about the weather and she would’ve claimed he was shaming her. Effin farce.

Oh I agree...to me she had no point.

It totally seemed like a cop out answer.  

But I have never been through that, so I don't know how I would react.  How questions are worded, especially for survivors, can be very important.   It can put people on the defensive really fast.  Do I personally think that is what happened, nope.  Are there better ways to phrase the question, sure. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Another loss for the idiot.  

You may want to read the article AND others on the settlement :laughpound

This actually seems like a decent compromise to a lawsuit one side had actually lost already. 

• Haha 1
  • TBH 2