The Republican Utopia

4 minutes ago, mrandyk said:

I suppose you are correct. Better than dragging his feet or leading a post-war resistance.

Certainly not a black and white story. I'm guessing he never completely agreed with the Confederate efforts. Still, when tasked with fighting your home state and doing the right thing, I should hope everyone would do the right thing.

How does one determine what the “right thing” is? That’s only uncomplicated with the benefit of hindsight. 

Based on your posts here, you seem to dislike Trump pretty intensely. I have no idea where you live, but let’s assume it’s California. Let’s assume President Trump declares war on California, immediately reinstitutes the draft and orders you and others to take up arms against and invade California. What would you do?

58 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

How does one determine what the “right thing” is? That’s only uncomplicated with the benefit of hindsight. 

Based on your posts here, you seem to dislike Trump pretty intensely. I have no idea where you live, but let’s assume it’s California. Let’s assume President Trump declares war on California, immediately reinstitutes the draft and orders you and others to take up arms against and invade California. What would you do?

You know that the south seceded, so that makes Trump the south and California the north in your analogy, right?

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, mrandyk said:

But he helped to drive that divide first.

Based on my understanding of history, this isn't accurate at all. He was very disturbed by the idea of secession, and wanted nothing to do with it and thought it was folly. By the time he left the Union to lead southern military forces, the Civil War was already a thing that was fully realized and happening with or without him.

It's like Xmas & my birthday & the first game day for Husker FB all rolled into one.

WOW.  News coming from NY and from VA is HUGE.  What this must do to Trump mentally ... should be an interesting rally in WV tonight, and some good tweets are coming methinks.

So what do you think?  Now that he is a named co conspirator does the GOP finally grow some ball$?

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

It's like Xmas & my birthday & the first game day for Husker FB all rolled into one.

WOW.  News coming from NY and from VA is HUGE.  What this must do to Trump mentally ... should be an interesting rally in WV tonight, and some good tweets are coming methinks.

So what do you think?  Now that he is a named co conspirator does the GOP finally grow some ball$?

The GOP will likely do nothing. They still need to be voted out. 

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Regarding the bold - see my post on the death of the Presidency in the russia investigation thread.

Meanwhile, I think you can but  to death the Republican Utopia thread - it has officially ended.  The midterms will be a referendum on Trump and

his less than ethical ways - and there is no defending him.  He will explode or maybe implode (maybe literally) as he tries to  excuse, defend, and accuse.

All of this will give more ammo for the Dems to use and defeat Repubs at the polls.  I don't see anyway around it at this point. 

Donald+Trump+President+Trump+Departs+White+N5Xrt90o-zOl.jpg
**TRUMP HELL HOUR**
MANAFORT: GUILTY
COHEN: I'M GUILTY
logo9.gif
4 minutes ago, commando said:

they are now moving the goalposts from "There is no corruption in Trump's team" to "Yeah they're totally corrupt, but it's not linked directly to Russia so why are we talking about it?"

When do they go to “the country was doomed without Trump so who cares how we got him?” argument?

What I don’t get is what is so had to them about Trump getting impeached and the next unguilty Republican down the line replacing him? I would think in the end the best tactic would have been to take him on so Pence could be in charge. Unless of course Trump stages a coup. 

2 hours ago, commando said:

they are now moving the goalposts from "There is no corruption in Trump's team" to "Yeah they're totally corrupt, but it's not linked directly to Russia so why are we talking about it?"

Who was saying that? And when did the argument change from "Trump colluded with Russis to fix the election" to "Members of Trump's team committed crimes unrelated to the campaign?"

4 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Who was saying that? And when did the argument change from "Trump colluded with Russis to fix the election" to "Members of Trump's team committed crimes unrelated to the campaign?"

lol.   donny brought in the next level swamp creatures and meuller is slowly draining them from the swamp.  and read what they were found guilty of....you will find that some of the guilty charges are related Donald j trump and the campaign

• Plus1 1