The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

Another fun fact I found out about Loeffler today:

She is a former CEO, a WNBA owner and her husband is THE CHARMAN of the New York Stock Exchange.

I find any defense claiming she didn't know exactly what she was doing or this was some kind of coincidence exceedingly hard to believe.

The first defense will likely be that their accounts are independently managed.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

The first defense will likely be that their accounts are independently managed.

Would that not rely on the independent manager having incredible foresight by selling a bunch of stocks that have since plummeted and buying into multiple telehealth companies who look sure to grow without knowledge of non-public information that such outcomes were likely?

• Plus1 1
48 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Would that not rely on the independent manager having incredible foresight by selling a bunch of stocks that have since plummeted and buying into multiple telehealth companies who look sure to grow without knowledge of non-public information that such outcomes were likely?

Honestly, not really. I was actually thinking of making similar moves around that time. We've all been following this and knew what China did would have an economic impact.

That said. The timing is insanely suspicious!

I was a Republican for more than 2/3 of my life. Volunteered to campaign on behalf of local politicians.

I was raised with a strong sense of right & wrong. I know what makes a person good, or why they're not worth my time. Good Nebraska upbringing taught me that.

And that's why I stopped being Republican a long time ago. Just couldn't stomach what this party has become.  Maybe it's always been this way and I just grew up, or maybe it changed and I didn't.

Either way, this is not a party I could support. And I think a lot of people are waking up to this realization.

There are going to be a LOT of folks joining the ranks of Independents in the next few months.

We just gotta figure out what to do with ourselves. And find some leaders who can represent us on a national stage.

• Plus1 4