The Republican Utopia

...and how many people rely exclusively on their fringe sites and alt-right Twitter idols?

Not to overly generalize here (but I'm going to power through it), but I bet 60-70% of Trump voters get ALL their "news" from alt-right echo chamber "sources."

If you lump Fox News into that, I'm inclined to agree with you.

It's startling how many staunch Republicans get their news solely from them.

Interesting economy graph.

That needs to be overlaid with actual GDP or something.

Exactly. +1

I think that addition would tell us a lot about the message members of each party is getting. My brother and many of my cousins are hard core Republicans. They always seem to be angry about things that I don't really know to exist. They all of course thought Obama was going to run our economy into the ground and were very excited to see a "business" man right the ship.

Now, both these things can't be true. I never felt the economy of the last 8 years was setting the world on fire, but I could appreciate the gains from where we came from. I thought it got better. They thought we were in a crash course with a bankrupt system. Who was closer to right?

I'd be interested to see....

This SHOULD NOT bode well for Republicans when the mid-terms come around, but enough people will vote party line that I'm guessing they retain control of congress.

We'll just slam our hand in the car door again. And again. And again.

https://twitter.com/GallupNews/status/854294942360981504

But Knap; taxing corporations is bad for business and will stiffle economic growth! Likewise the wealthy are the only people in this country who create jobs!

This SHOULD NOT bode well for Republicans when the mid-terms come around, but enough people will vote party line that I'm guessing they retain control of congress.

We'll just slam our hand in the car door again. And again. And again.

https://twitter.com/GallupNews/status/854294942360981504

But Knap; taxing corporations is bad for business and will stiffle economic growth! Likewise the wealthy are the only people in this country who create jobs!

The Gospel of Supply-Side Jesus, courtesy of Al Franken.

The thing is, I don't think Americans mean what they say on poll responses such as that. There's no way.

They mean it but they are psychologically overwhelmed during campaigns. Campaigns usually have no substance but they still get people riled up about non issues.

Both parties do a great job of "but the other side!"

And that's how they both stay poweful.

This is a little baffling. Maybe he's being sincere that he thinks people shouldn't hold office long-term.

Utah Rep. Chaffetz says he won't run for re-election

WASHINGTON (AP) — Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz, a Republican who chairs the House Oversight Committee, says he won't for re-election or any other office in 2018.

Chaffetz, who has been rumored as a possible candidate for Senate or governor, says that after consulting with his family and "prayerful consideration, I have decided I will not be a candidate for any office in 2018."

Chaffetz, 50, in his fifth term, says in a statement on Facebook that he has long advocated that public service should be for a limited time and not a lifetime or full career.

He says that after more than 1,500 nights away from home, "it is time" to step aside.

Chaffetz says he has "no ulterior motives," and is healthy and confident he would re-elected.

This is a little baffling. Maybe he's being sincere that he thinks people shouldn't hold office long-term.

Utah Rep. Chaffetz says he won't run for re-election

WASHINGTON (AP) — Utah Rep. Jason Chaffetz, a Republican who chairs the House Oversight Committee, says he won't for re-election or any other office in 2018.

Chaffetz, who has been rumored as a possible candidate for Senate or governor, says that after consulting with his family and "prayerful consideration, I have decided I will not be a candidate for any office in 2018."

Chaffetz, 50, in his fifth term, says in a statement on Facebook that he has long advocated that public service should be for a limited time and not a lifetime or full career.

He says that after more than 1,500 nights away from home, "it is time" to step aside.

Chaffetz says he has "no ulterior motives," and is healthy and confident he would re-elected.

Let's see where he goes to work when he's done...
  • Fire 2