The Republican Utopia

3 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

They have been doing this for 20 some years yet now the outrage froth comes?    Why?  

The questions are also optional according to available reporting.  

Maybe I’m not being obtuse 

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/rcna50794

https://fortune.com/2022/10/04/florida-female-student-athletes-menstrual-history-concerns-abortion/amp/

Asking questions such as when the student got their first period and when they had their last one isn’t anything new in Florida. It’s been an ongoing question for two decades, and it is optional.

• It has NEVER, in any state been a requirement of a playing athletics.  
  • And that information (similar to a woman's discussion on birth control or her husbands lack of ability to perform in bed) should not be shared with anyone other than that woman's doctor.  
  • And sure, you can opt not to share or lie but there are changes that a woman's body undergoes depending on where she is in her cycle, so it's helpful for a doctor to know for instance if they're feeling an engorged cervix or a tumor.

Yes you're being obtuse.  Or you simply have no access and interaction with women who speak with you candidly about their bodily functions and needs and what is absolutely out of line for others to know about those things.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1
1 hour ago, suh_fan93 said:

This is what happens when a an entire political party downplays a deadly virus - while simultaneously downplaying the vaccine for it. 

The Republican Party has caused so much unnecessary harm to people, it's absolutely disgusting. Suing to stop healthcare expansion over the last decade, COVID denial and vaccine mistrust, and so many other policies. 

I hope the conservative voters on this board are proud of their accomplishments. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
29 minutes ago, NM11046 said:
  • And that information (similar to a woman's discussion on birth control or her husbands lack of ability to perform in bed) should not be shared with anyone other than that woman's doctor.  
  • And sure, you can opt not to share or lie but there are changes that a woman's body undergoes depending on where she is in her cycle, so it's helpful for a doctor to know for instance if they're feeling an engorged cervix or a tumor.

Yes you're being obtuse.  Or you simply have no access and interaction with women who speak with you

35 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Or you simply have no access and interaction with women who speak with you candidly about their bodily functions and needs and what is absolutely out of line for others to know about those things.

candidly about their bodily functions and needs and what is absolutely out of line for others to know about those things.

In regards to your first bullet points, the questions are optional, according to reporting.  Hopefully you understand that optional is different than requirement. 

In regards to your second bullet point, according to published reports, it is optional.   Which means the female is consenting to giving the information if she even wants to.  

In regards to the third bullet point, you finally get it, females can opt out of sharing that information with the State.  And sharing that info with her doctor during an annual exam has no bearing on answering those questions for the state.  She can share that information with her doctor and keep it private between those two.   

So no I’m not being obtuse, and it’s crazy for you to imply that.  

In regards to you last statement, I will politely say you have no idea what you speak of.   I have two daughters, which would be classified as women, that share about everything in their medical lives with both me and my wife.  But go on again and tell me what I do and don’t have in my personal life.  Anxious to here more.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NM11046 said:

Yes you're being obtuse.  Or you simply have no access and interaction with women who speak with you candidly about their bodily functions and needs and what is absolutely out of line for others to know about those things.

On the face of it I don't have a problem if the question is optional, but equality being important these days; we're not asking boys who want to play a sport when their balls dropped, when they got their first chin pube, when they had their first wet dream or wank, and when the last one was. Somethings a school doesn't need to know.

The broader discussion is that we share waaaaay too much of our personal information these day. I just setup a new TV and they basically want permission to monitor what I watch, how I watch it, where I watch it, what I say to the tv to watch it, and my full name. All that gets shared with a 3rd party at the manufacturer's discretion. Not mention they want my zip code address and credit card info for purchases. They could basically steal my entire identity just to setup a f#&%in TV. It's insane!

• Plus1 2
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Is this a surprise to anyone?  Fauci isn't going to secretly design a virus that also kills Democrats.

Seems like it is self-inflicted culling of the herd.   Believe the MAGA/Qanon stuff and bad things will happen.