The Republican Utopia

1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I get it, I do, but the idea of a dress code, in my opinion, is starting down a slippery slope.

Hillary Clinton, in my opinion, dressed more offensively, but I don't think she should have had to change.  

You mean Hillary's monochromatic Mao Zedong pant suits?  I'm surprised those never caught on.  

• Haha 2
5 hours ago, teachercd said:

I am sooooo anti-dressing up BUT you can also dress down and still look good.  

He takes it to the extreme and I think it is a little bit intentional, which I am okay with.  I sort of wish he would say that though.  Just be like "I dress how I want because it is comfy and I know it pisses people off" because both those things are true.

The dude dresses like a PE teacher, like, a lazy one haha

I just think US Senators/Reps/politicians that do petty things with the only intention of frustrating people is lame, and Americans deserve better from the "grown ups" that are elected to keep this place afloat.

• TBH 2
6 hours ago, funhusker said:

I just think US Senators/Reps/politicians that do petty things with the only intention of frustrating people is lame, and Americans deserve better from the "grown ups" that are elected to keep this place afloat.

I think conceptually, I'd much rather have someone who wears sweatpants but takes their job seriously with integrity over someone who dresses the part on the way to grifting and obfuscating as a careerist sycophant.

• Haha 1
  • TBH 1

9 hours ago, funhusker said:

I never really thought about it like that, that his PE teacher outfit was intentional but you might be right.

I do not think that how a person dresses impacts the work that they do but he might be doing it as a sideshow act, which does change things a bit.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

I think conceptually, I'd much rather have someone who wears sweatpants but takes their job seriously with integrity over someone who dresses the part on the way to grifting and obfuscating as a careerist sycophant.

How bout this crazy thought.  Hold our folks accountable AND they show some respect for their position.

Ive spent way too much time on this…

• Oh Yeah! 2

Just now, funhusker said:

Everyday is "jeans day" when you teach shop!!!

Jeans Day GIF by Pinecrest Sloan Canyon - Find & Share on GIPHY

Those jeans...SOOOO FLATTERING!  Ha

It is so unfair that PE teachers, who NEVER play or run in class, get to dress like Fetterman.  But I don't, just because I teacher Super AP College Level NASA Math.

I get it for shop teachers though.  I subbed for a shop class one period.  The place was clean but still dirty, you know?

s#!t do you have your own office in the shop???

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, teachercd said:

Those jeans...SOOOO FLATTERING!  Ha

It is so unfair that PE teachers, who NEVER play or run in class, get to dress like Fetterman.  But I don't, just because I teacher Super AP College Level NASA Math.

I get it for shop teachers though.  I subbed for a shop class one period.  The place was clean but still dirty, you know?

s#!t do you have your own office in the shop???

I'm never leaving my gig!  Office/desk area in the classroom area, student shop, small separate shop for project prep (and maybe a personal project here and there), two huge storage rooms, and a private office off of shop area, and another small room that I was guilted into using as the coaches office just because us coaches weren't sure if our new PE teacher from a couple years ago wanted to share his space like the previous coach/PE teacher.

AND IT'S ALL MINE!!!!

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I'm never leaving my gig!  Office/desk area in the classroom area, student shop, small separate shop for project prep (and maybe a personal project here and there), two huge storage rooms, and a private office off of shop area, and another small room that I was guilted into using as the coaches office just because us coaches weren't sure if our new PE teacher from a couple years ago wanted to share his space like the previous coach/PE teacher.

AND IT'S ALL MINE!!!!

MFer!  Hit the jackpot!

Do you have your own little fridge and coffee maker???

• Haha 1