The Republican Utopia

2 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

The party isn't interested in governance. The obvious grift into a government shutdown they're going to orchestrate and pin on Biden is funny, but sad for individuals who willingly vote for them. 

Hold on…..it’s a blow to democracy when 5 republicans voted against a DOD spending bill?   But not when 214 Democrats vote against the same bill?  Makes sense.  

• Plus1 1

14 hours ago, Archy1221 said:

Hold on…..it’s a blow to democracy when 5 republicans voted against a DOD spending bill?   But not when 214 Democrats vote against the same bill?  Makes sense.  

I don't think it's a failure of Democracy personally, but I do think it does the lack of seriousness within the GOP.

They can't pass their own bills and the far right of the House seems more interested in setting McCarthy up for failure than they are passing bills to fund the government. 

2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

If they continue to run crappy candidates, it will just keep happening.   I mean, prophets…really.   Just be normal and win the election.  Good on NH for choosing to not elect a dope like this.  

I agree, if the GOP runs better candidates - particularly in competive districts or states - they'd win easily. Their base is causing the Republican Party to lose seats they have no business losing.

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I don't think it's a failure of Democracy personally, but I do think it does the lack of seriousness within the GOP.

They can't pass their own bills and the far right of the House seems more interested in setting McCarthy up for failure than they are passing bills to fund the government. 

So who is not serious?  The 212 who voted for the bill or the 5 who voted against the bill with all the Democrats? 

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I get his point.

But the man is a Senator of the United States of America.  Show a little respect for the history of the office and your constituents and put on a freaking suit.  

I am sooooo anti-dressing up BUT you can also dress down and still look good.  

He takes it to the extreme and I think it is a little bit intentional, which I am okay with.  I sort of wish he would say that though.  Just be like "I dress how I want because it is comfy and I know it pisses people off" because both those things are true.

The dude dresses like a PE teacher, like, a lazy one haha

• Plus1 1

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

I get it, I do, but the idea of a dress code, in my opinion, is starting down a slippery slope.

Hillary Clinton, in my opinion, dressed more offensively, but I don't think she should have had to change.  

Theirs a level of respect that should be held. He shows up liking like he just mowed his lawn. 

It reminds me of a funeral I went to last year. I show up and this guy gets out of his car without his shirt on, walks to the front door of the church and puts on an old wrinkled white tee shirt with skirts and walks in. I know the person who we were there to pay respects to would not have thought that was ok. 

dressing appropriately for certain situations is not to much to ask. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Theirs a level of respect that should be held. He shows up liking like he just mowed his lawn. 

It reminds me of a funeral I went to last year. I show up and this guy gets out of his car without his shirt on, walks to the front door of the church and puts on an old wrinkled white tee shirt with skirts and walks in. I know the person who we were there to pay respects to would not have thought that was ok. 

dressing appropriately for certain situations is not to much to ask. 

I totally get it, but then who decides what is or is not okay to wear?

I think he dresses like a PE teacher but I sort of love that about it because I would love to dress like that, except I would do jeans and a short sleeve shirt, I love jeans.  

• Plus1 1