The Republican Utopia

1 minute ago, Archy1221 said:

Sounds like a pretty fun trip.  Hopefully some funding agreement works out and it doesn’t impact your vacation. 

Thanks. My wife learned yesterday that during the last federal shutdown, Utah and Arizona were the only states that paid to keep their national parks open because the tourism money was so vital. 

• Plus1 1

What do you do as Biden or the Democrats here?

Do you do nothing and hope the Republicans take the blame (as they should) or do you try to compromise a little bit to convince McCarthy to put something reasonable up for a vote?

I think I'd try to agree to some stuff if the Republicans would agree to raising taxes on upper income brackets/larger corporations to pre-Tump #s.

• TBH 1

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My wife and I are taking a bucket list trip to Zion and Bryce National Parks next week.

Did you know that the National Parks will be shut down when we get there if the deranged Republicans refuse a budget agreement while they're busy dry humping Hunter Biden?

I guess I have to tolerate the GOP's slow death march to a fascist hellscape, but f#&% with my vacation and I will never forgive. 

If there's nobody there to work there's nobody there to stop you from going in :)

I was roadtripping from Chicago to Seattle the last time the government shut down in 2019 and I stopped at Mt. Rushmore because I'd never been. I was the only person there, it was surreal and eerie and also incredibly cool.

Two photos because why not?

768e448.jpeg

dejkGii.jpeg

• Plus1 1
21 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

If there's nobody there to work there's nobody there to stop you from going in :)

I was roadtripping from Chicago to Seattle the last time the government shut down in 2019 and I stopped at Mt. Rushmore because I'd never been. I was the only person there, it was surreal and eerie and also incredibly cool.

Two photos because why not?

768e448.jpeg

dejkGii.jpeg

Whoa. That's incredibly cool. Turns out you were lucky after all. 

We have considered bushwacking, but our ultimate destinations in Zion and Bryce are miles from the entrances.