The Republican Utopia

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

How f#&%ed up is it that it's possible Trump could effectively become the president without election, and not be bound by the constitutional oath as well. That's a royal f#&% up by the founding fathers and everyone since. What possible reason did they have to allow a speaker not to be an elected member?

Another reason the constitution should not revered and the founding fathers not be thought of like deities.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • TBH 1

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

True.

This has been true for some time.  The people in charge of the GOP now are Neanderthals (sorry to all Neanderthals for that comparison) who don't believe in a functioning govt - a gov't where give and take and compromise are used to move things along.  Negotiation is outside of their scope. They all want to be General Sherman and burn the place down when they aren't even Private Gomer Pyle when it comes to governing ability and in their sense of history and place.  

It is kind of like what just happened in Okla last night:  Governor Stitt, (Trump want to be) called a special session to vote on a 4 billion dollar tax cut.  The GOP Senate asked the Governor to show them the way he proposes to 'pay' for the tax cuts with spending reductions.  Stitt refused to meet with the senators to discuss.  So, the senate decided to close the session - which ended Stitt's special session with nothing to show for it.    It is easy to be against something but hard to develop real policies that work in the real world.  Think of Obama Care.  The GOP railed against it for years and when they had a chance to put up a real proposal that worked - it all fizzled away.

Red Meat language is all the GOP has - play to the voter's fears and emotions.  That was Trump's game plan in 2016 and the students are following their master.  

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 3
  • TBH 4
2 hours ago, nic said:

I miss the Gipper. I should read a book about him for old time sake. :D

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/five-ways-ronald-reagan-predicted-future-weaponized-medicine-morning-america

I miss him too. So much has changed and I don’t see any leader like him on the horizon.  Craig Shirley is a wonderful author. His book “Last Act” about Reagan’s last years will bring tears to your eyes. 

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

I miss him too. So much has changed and I don’t see any leader like him on the horizon.  Craig Shirley is a wonderful author. His book “Last Act” about Reagan’s last years will bring tears to your eyes. 

Awesome thanks.

2 hours ago, TGHusker said:

No offense, but I'll never understand the obsession with Reagan. He's basically the root of all our modern problems. Debt, tickle down economics, military industrial complex, the war on drugs and mass incarceration. At best he's was neutral, not good or bad.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 3
  • TBH 2
9 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I would think it’s illegal to show a private sex video to others without the consent of the other partner?  

If so, shouldn’t charges be coming?  Sounds like it wasn’t done during an official House discussion so immunity shouldn’t apply.  

• Plus1 1