Jump to content
zoogs

Immigration Ban

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

Trump is a piece of s#!t. It still doesn't change the contradictions they've made. Outside of the price tag (I guess) there is nothing harmful about building a wall on the southern border. I dont believe it will completely stop illegal immigration, or drug entry, etc. But it's f#&%in harmless. (Except for the animals I guess :dunno)

Well, Trump has himself to blame for this entire argument.

  • Eyeroll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

Trump is a piece of s#!t. It still doesn't change the contradictions they've made. Outside of the price tag (I guess) there is nothing harmful about building a wall on the southern border. I dont believe it will completely stop illegal immigration, or drug entry, etc. But it's f#&%in harmless. (Except for the animals I guess :dunno)

 

The republicans said that there was no money ($3.4B) for insuring children but yet there's $5.7B for a f#&%ing wall?  That's not harmless to you?

5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

 

It's political grandstanding. The Democrats aren't concerned with the distribution of funds until it's convenient.

 

Uh what?

  • Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

who is responsible for the shutdown (the 3rd of the trump era so far)?   let's ask donnie

 

DwkvzW_VYAAKFUj.jpg

  • Plus1 3
  • Eyeroll 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

:facepalm:

I don't know how many times I have to remind you all that I'm not a Trump guy. It's not hitting home!

do you think we are talking about you or trump here?

 

 

  • Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

I have not seen anything that makes me believe that the Democrats aren't against illegal immigration still.  Obama had more deportations during his presidency than his predecessors....even Republicans.  The number of illegal immigrants coming across the southern border dropped precipitously throughout his term.  

From what I have been shown here, the Dems have passed a bill in the house to fund border security and increase border patrols by 300 with more equipment.

 

What has killed Trump on this issue is his hatred rhetoric from clear back in the election.  It's the same rhetoric that built up the excitement within the KKK and Neo Nazis during that time.  It's hatred for specifically any immigrant that isn't European and white.  It's all the comments about "s#!t hole countries" and banning immigration from certain areas or religions.  It's the completely false statements about Mexican immigrants bringing diseases and how terrorists are at our southern border trying to cross.  They are invading our country to kill us all.  All of that has been debunked by people who actually know the facts on the border.

 

Now, the Trumpsters will come back and call that all BS and that he's for legal immigration.  BUT....he has also spoke out about how he is going to shut down legal immigration.  You know....the "chain migration" issues?  The ones that's the same as how his inlaws became citizens just last year?  Yep....that's legal immigration and he wants to shut that down too.....well....after his family takes advantage of it.

 

You see.....he is the one that has created this entire mess with what he has said and what he has done and is complete lack of knowledge on the issues.  Peter King absolutely LOVES the guy and he can't figure out why "white supremacy" is a bad term.

Agree.  And to add to your explanation about how Trump is not truly pro legal immigration:  this whole "crisis" was built upon the caravan of people coming to the US to seek asylum and ports of entry.  This is completely legal.  They are not "illegal" until they fail to show up for court appearances, which is an issue that can't be solved with a "wall".

  • Plus1 3
  • Eyeroll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

:facepalm:

I don't know how many times I have to remind you all that I'm not a Trump guy. It's not hitting home!

You're asking what the issues are from the Democrats side.  We are telling you.  But, when we do, you come back with...."But, I'm not a Trump supporter".  Well....he's who the Dems are negotiating with.

  • Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Oade said:

One could make the argument that building a wall would help protect the environment. But yeah, the Dems should ask for more once they finally find some middle ground, lol.

 

https://www.azbordertrash.gov/

 

https://www.cis.org/Sussis/Trash-Border-Highlights-Environmental-Cost-Illegal-Immigration

 

It would also negatively affect animals that live in the area if there is a giant wall blocking where they need to go.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StPaulHusker said:

One Republican might understand the slippery slope here

 

 

 

I fully understand his point. 

 

 

....and I'm saddened by it. 

  • Eyeroll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

taking money from storm and fire ravaged americans to build the wall mexico is paying for.   promises made...promises kept

 

 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, commando said:

taking money from storm and fire ravaged americans to build the wall mexico is paying for.   promises made...promises kept

 

 

 

 

 

I’m guessing the f#&%ing a$$h@!e will order it taken from Puerto Rico and California. 

  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

One Republican might understand the slippery slope here

 

 

 

 

As a rule of thumb, never bet on political courage from Marco Rubio.

 

But I do find it odd he seems to think trying to address climate change in a meaningful way so we can actually leave a planet for our grandkids and their kids instead of speeding up the planet’s demise is somehow equivalent to an ineffective, wasteful boondoggle.

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Clifford Franklin said:

 

As a rule of thumb, never bet on political courage from Marco Rubio.

 

But I do find it odd he seems to think trying to address climate change in a meaningful way so we can actually leave a planet for our grandkids and their kids instead of speeding up the planet’s demise is somehow equivalent to an ineffective, wasteful boondoggle.

Oh don’t get my comment wrong.  I think he drew a very bad comparison. I just think he’s on to something when he’s telling the GOP to think about the consequences of “National Emergency “ declarations that aren’t seen by all as one.  

 

Its a lot like when the Dems used the “nuclear” rule to pass legislation and then it opened the floodgates for the GOP to do the same thing.  Which they did

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rubio is definitely smart enough to know the implications of this move - they’re obviously bad. He’s just not principled enough to do anything if Trump ultimately does it.

 

If/when it happens, Rubio won’t say a word about it. When push comes to shove it’s GOP over country.

  • Plus1 3
  • Eyeroll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

 

As a rule of thumb, never bet on political courage from Marco Rubio.

 

But I do find it odd he seems to think trying to address climate change in a meaningful way so we can actually leave a planet for our grandkids and their kids instead of speeding up the planet’s demise is somehow equivalent to an ineffective, wasteful boondoggle.

Careful, you might get one of those "eyerolls" :D

  • Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

Rubio is definitely smart enough to know the implications of this move - they’re obviously bad. He’s just not principled enough to do anything if Trump ultimately does it.

 

If/when it happens, Rubio won’t say a word about it. When push comes to shove it’s GOP over country.

He’ll say he’s “troubled”

 

I think that’s the new GOP slogan

  • Plus1 2
  • Eyeroll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

 

There's the real reason Trump stopped giving FEMA money to California

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

One Republican might understand the slippery slope here

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

....climate change is a national emergency :lol: it's a global emergency. RIGHT NOW. 

 

isn't there a reddit sub about cases where someone's rhetorical reactionary take to something is actually true and would be awesome if people believed it? lol

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Landlord said:

 

 

 

 

....climate change is a national emergency :lol: it's a global emergency. RIGHT NOW. 

 

isn't there a reddit sub about cases where someone's rhetorical reactionary take to something is actually true and would be awesome if people believed it? lol

 

I agree that it's a national/global emergency.  But the fact that he recognizes that if a wall could be deemed a national emergency, then what's to stop the next president for using those powers for pet projects.

 

It's a lot like when McConnell warned Schumer about the "nuclear" vote.  He told him it would come back to bite him and it did last year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I too could care less about a wall. For me, it comes down to national security and stopping illegal immigrants from pouring into this country. If that means a wall covering the areas with the highest movement, fine. If that means more law enforcement, fine. But at the end of the day, I do not sympathize with illegals bringing their children as pawns, and much of the media/dems playing this up. If I were going to rob a bank or do something illegal, I sure as hell wouldn’t bring my child with me.  

Trump feels as though he has to be loyal to his voters and play tough on the wall. This is the reason I don’t like a bipartisan government.  The fact that those two goons were the best candidates out of 320 million people is baffling. The dems need to go younger in the future. 

 

Side note - Can we enact an age limit on politicians, mainly president, congress, and SCOTUS? Watching all this play out lately, it seems like congress is actually being filmed at a retirement home. RBG is 85.  McConnell  is old as dirt. Trump could be my grandpa. Sanders would be 87 if he was president for 2 terms. It’s crazy to me how much older our reps are than the average population. 

  • Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I too could care less about a wall. For me, it comes down to national security and stopping illegal immigrants from pouring into this country. If that means a wall covering the areas with the highest movement, fine. If that means more law enforcement, fine. But at the end of the day, I do not sympathize with illegals bringing their children as pawns, and much of the media/dems playing this up. If I were going to rob a bank or do something illegal, I sure as hell wouldn’t bring my child with me.  

Trump feels as though he has to be loyal to his voters and play tough on the wall. This is the reason I don’t like a bipartisan government.  The fact that those two goons were the best candidates out of 320 million people is baffling. The dems need to go younger in the future. 

 

Side note - Can we enact an age limit on politicians, mainly president, congress, and SCOTUS? Watching all this play out lately, it seems like congress is actually being filmed at a retirement home. RBG is 85.  McConnell  is old as dirt. Trump could be my grandpa. Sanders would be 87 if he was president for 2 terms. It’s crazy to me how much older our reps are than the average population. 

 

 

Yeah.  Sympathizing with people willing to do anything to escape their horrible conditions and and try to create a better life for their children is a terrible idea.  

  • Plus1 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, commando said:

well.....it is true

 

DwqOMCuVsAIMt9p.jpg:large

 

Actually, that's not true. Lol.

  • Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, StPaulHusker said:

 

 

Yeah.  Sympathizing with people willing to do anything to escape their horrible conditions and and try to create a better life for their children is a terrible idea.  

It’s sh$@ty, but at some point what can we do? What about all the Africans or Asians that live in poor conditions? What about all those having trouble feeding themselves that were born inside our borders?  I feel for them, and it’s the same reason I’m so glad to be an American, but what can we do? Increase the tens and hundreds of billions that we spend yearly on illegal immigration? Let’s here it. 

11 minutes ago, commando said:

well.....it is true

 

DwqOMCuVsAIMt9p.jpg:large

I’m so glad your parents aren’t mine 

  • Plus1 1
  • Eyeroll 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Waldo said:

 

I’m so glad your parents aren’t mine 

 

my parents are glad also

  • Plus1 2
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, commando said:

lol...and i knew that was coming.   :)

What’s it like waking up everyday, bitching and moaning about every little thing? 

  • Thanks 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

What’s it like waking up everyday, bitching and moaning about every little thing? 

thanks obama

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, commando said:

thanks obama

TDS is real. Don’t be afraid to get yourself some help if needed. 

  • Haha 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Waldo said:

TDS is real. Don’t be afraid to get yourself some help if needed. 

:laughpound

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Waldo said:

It’s sh$@ty, but at some point what can we do? What about all the Africans or Asians that live in poor conditions? What about all those having trouble feeding themselves that were born inside our borders?  I feel for them, and it’s the same reason I’m so glad to be an American, but what can we do? Increase the tens and hundreds of billions that we spend yearly on illegal immigration? Let’s here it. 

I’m so glad your parents aren’t mine 

This country is rich enough to take care of all in dire need.  Jeff Bezo’s alone (Before impending divorce settlement) could almost end all hunger in this country with his wealth.  

 

What can we do?  Something.  Anything that takes care of a fellow human.

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StPaulHusker said:

This country is rich enough to take care of all in dire need.  Jeff Bezo’s alone (Before impending divorce settlement) could almost end all hunger in this country with his wealth.  

 

What can we do?  Something.  Anything that takes care of a fellow human.

Imagine if Bezos could live off a measly 100 million and commit the rest of his fortune to lifting those in need up

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys realize his fortune is in Amazon stock, right? He doesn't have 136 billion in liquid cash. He'd have to cash out and lose his controlling interested to realize that 100 billion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, ZRod said:

You guys realize his fortune is in Amazon stock, right? He doesn't have 136 billion in liquid cash. He'd have to cash out and lose his controlling interested to realize that 100 billion

I completely realize that.  If he were to wake up tomorrow and decide to end hunger by cashing in stock, he could lose his controlling interest.  But it’s not that easy anyway.

 

Right now he’s staring down the barrel of potentially paying half to his wife in a divorce.  Which would also potentially make him lose control of Amazon.

 

But right now he’s got a team of lawyers and financial planners working for him trying to figure out a way to make his wife the richest woman in the world AND retain control of Amazon.  So that tells me there’s a way that he could do the same to end hunger in America.

 

But my original point wasn’t to tell JB what to do with his money.  My point was to show that there are obscenely rich people that COULD do way more good than they doing.  They could literally end major strife in this country without hurting themselves financially.  Instead it is put back on the shoulders of those working for the obscenely rich to take care of their fellow human.  As it always has 

  • Plus1 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, this is important. Trump wanted SCOTUS to take up this case and declare DACA unconstitutional to do his dirty work for him. They've declined and the next time they could potentially take up a case would be the summer of 2020 during the heat of an election.

 

It also kind of destroys Trump's offer to temporarily extend DACA in exchange for the wall. It just got temporarily extended anyway.

 

 

Secondly, I found this interesting. The derp wherein anyone who doesn't support each and every one of Trump's ridiculous, cruel immigration policies is accused of wanting open borders is deafening.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×