The Environment

6 hours ago, funhusker said:

“See! Technology helps fight against climate change. Therefore, we should fight against improvements in technology to continue to fight a changing climate!”

-silly people

Anything but admit their voting choices are terrible. 

Nobody in history realizes they're the bad guys at the time. They all rationalize their choices and beliefs by whatever means necessary. Eventually, history will remember and judge these people properly. 

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
4 hours ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

Anything but admit their voting choices are terrible. 

Nobody in history realizes they're the bad guys at the time. They all rationalize their choices and beliefs by whatever means necessary. Eventually, history will remember and judge these people properly. 

That is not true at all.  Everyone in history knows what they are, they just still do it.

This is why there needs to be a death penalty.   Everyone knows what they are doing.

Hitler killed himself.  Every school shooter (for the most part) has killed HIM self.

They know they are terrible.  

• TBH 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

That is not true at all.  Everyone in history knows what they are, they just still do it.

This is why there needs to be a death penalty.   Everyone knows what they are doing.

Hitler killed himself.  Every school shooter (for the most part) has killed HIM self.

I'm mostly referring to political movements. It's not like the 10s of millions of Americans that opposed the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s knew they were on the wrong side of history, or hundreds of other movements with obvious right on wrong sides.

22 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I'm mostly referring to political movements. It's not like the 10s of millions of Americans that opposed the Civil Rights movement in the 1960s knew they were on the wrong side of history, or hundreds of other movements with obvious right on wrong sides.

What about the 10's of millions that were FOR civil rights? 

What about the 10's of millions that want abortion legal free?

What about the hundreds of millions that want to get rid of guns?

War?  What about that one?

CHAZ?  Good or bad?

I guess I am with you though...I would rather just cherry pick.  Lord knows we all do it.

• Plus1 1

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

Bad guys kill themselves so they don’t get tortured. Whether they realize they’re terrible or not has nothing to do with it. I assume most realize it though. 

But we’re talking about voters, and I don’t think a high % of Trump voters think they are bad guys. I know a lot of them just want to save the would-be aborted babies and nothing else matters to them. 

• TBH 2
10 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Bad guys kill themselves so they don’t get tortured. Whether they realize they’re terrible or not has nothing to do with it. I assume most realize it though. 

But we’re talking about voters, and I don’t think a high % of Trump voters think they are bad guys. I know a lot of them just want to save the would-be aborted babies and nothing else matters to them. 

you are probably right about the abortion part...people against abortion (nut jobs) do think they are saving the world and babies.  They are as insane as Enviro-bros 

17 hours ago, teachercd said:

What about the 10's of millions that were FOR civil rights? 

What about the 10's of millions that want abortion legal free?

What about the hundreds of millions that want to get rid of guns?

War?  What about that one?

CHAZ?  Good or bad?

I guess I am with you though...I would rather just cherry pick.  Lord knows we all do it.

I was specifically talking about bad guys not realizing they're bad guys in various political movements.

I wouldn't classify any of those movements as "the bad guy". Most people attribute the opposite side of many obvious good movements - like Civil Rights - simply through identity politics. 

59 minutes ago, Dr. Strangelove said:

I was specifically talking about bad guys not realizing they're bad guys in various political movements.

I wouldn't classify any of those movements as "the bad guy". Most people attribute the opposite side of many obvious good movements - like Civil Rights - simply through identity politics. 

Ahhhh, got it!

• Thanks 1