The Environment

• 2 weeks later...

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, nic said:

Regarding another type of protest… we go through a gallon of milk per week. If you want to stop the cows, invent Bovine Beano. :D

One thing the godless urban libs have 100% gotten right - oat milk and almond milk are vastly superior to actual dairy milk.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Lorewarn said:

One thing the godless urban libs have 100% gotten right - oat milk and almond milk are vastly superior to actual dairy milk.

Never tried oat milk. We have almond milk from time to time and coconut milk. Does having Cheerios with milk count as oat milk?:D I have had more bowls of cheerios in my lifetime than Jerry Seinfeld….and it’s not even close.

• 3 weeks later...

8 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I'm old enough to remember the arguments that pipelines rarely leak.

They do rarely leak.

This would be like showing a plane crash and being like "Seeeeee...this is why I don't fly" even when it is the safest form of travel. 

Or was, I don't know anymore.  

• TBH 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

That could be huge.  I remember learning about the possibility of this in grade school back in the 70s.  They have been working on this for a long time.  I'm guessing it still won't be usable in my lifetime...but, maybe someday. 

I remember that as well. My dad took a trip to Illinois in the 80s to meet someone who claimed to have this working, but it was a scam. Or course guy was looking for funding.