Riley and the Direction of the Program

Mavric

State of the Program  

124 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Pretty sure Bradley was a guy the staff wanted to take all along if he got his grades in order. Don't think he was a reach or a backup plan really. He is a good back

glad we were able to beat out SDSU for him.
I think you don't know a thing about recruiting or the Jaylin Bradley situation.
  • Fire 1

Pretty sure Bradley was a guy the staff wanted to take all along if he got his grades in order. Don't think he was a reach or a backup plan really. He is a good back

I think you don't know a thing about recruiting or the Jaylin Bradley situation.

He gone

• Fire 1

He gone

That didn't take long.

He gone

That didn't take long.

Well when your post count nears 250 in a weeks time and 200+ are the same exact flipping post...

He gone

That didn't take long.

Well when your post count nears 250 in a weeks time and 200+ are the same exact flipping post...

2 America's, folks. One has great teams with RB that are all as good or better than Ameer Abdullah, the other has lowly 2 stars from Bellevue. No horses. Just none.

Glad I don't have to read that drivel any longer.

• Fire 4

He gone

That didn't take long.

2 America's, folks. One has great teams with RB that are all as good or better than Ameer Abdullah, the other has lowly 2 stars from Bellevue. No horses. Just none.

Glad I don't have to read that drivel any longer.

I was kind of looking forward to him squaring off with Mav or Guy and getting owned. Oh well, those that did engage with him provided some entertainment. That kind of stuff is kind of fun in small doses. Especially when you have mods that keep things in-bounds and civil. Thanks, mods!

• Fire 1

See, I am excited about Jaylin Bradley. To look at his recruiting profile and the "stars" it looks like Nebraska took a below average RB. But his ability to cut and change direction, his vision, is outstanding. Plus, you can never tell how hard a RB will run until he gets here. Roy Helu, Rexburkhead, Ameer Abdullah, they all ran so incredibly hard and you knew each time they toted the rock you were going to get their maximum effort for that play. And, while Terrell Newby was a decent RB, he clearly wasn't in the other 3 guys league, despite his higher star rating coming out of high school.

• Fire 2

I see trending upwards in almost every area.

We've had a decade of criticism towards our coaches not being willing to fire their friends or cut dead weight - that's changed.

We've had I don't even no how long of absolutely dreadful turnover margins - that's changed.

We're more monetarily and mentally devoted to excellence in recruiting.

We've got the best defensive coordinator we've had in at least 7 years if not longer, and while the jury is out on Langsdorf's time here he is at least very highly regarded.

Spot on brother

My biggest concern going forward is the length of stay for some of these new additions. I can't think Diaco's life long ambition is being the DC at Nebraska. On one hand, it's good if we see staff attrition because that generally means things are going good. However, it's also difficult to replace top coordinators. Saban fights this every year, and it pretty much cost him a NC this year. Meyer has been trying to find the replacement ever since Herman left. Bill Snyder has been faced with staff attrition ever since he took over at KState.

I was and still am a big fan of the hiring of Riley. I like the direction of the program and the people he's bringing in as either players or staff. However, I'm a little uneasy when looking five or so years into the future.

Diaco has already dabbled some as a HC, unsuccessfully, so maybe he has come to the realization that DCing is his true life's work and will stick around w us for a piece. Assuming he does well, of course.

As to Urban, I'm a bit surprised that he didn't offer Tim Beck the full OC position, because that's why Beck left, to become HERMAN's OC @ Texas. Beck wasn't good enough for NE Fan, of course.

Did Meyer even trust Beck enough at OSU to allow him to call plays? I'm sure if Urban wanted Beck to stay he could have made it happen.
Anyone would have traded Wilson for Beck in a NY f'ing second and Urban did just that.

I think we are trending in the right direction. We are in a better spot today than we with what Bo left the program. I think our recruiting has been slightly better - I can't recall Bo bringing in a big time offensive threat like Tyjon who actually made it to campus.

I do agree and wish some of the recent staff changes had been made earlier and think that some of the initial staff hires held us back. Is Nebraska where I wanted them to be after 2 years of Riley? No. But i think we are definitely trending up.

Really? Didn't Bo bring in Aaron green, braylon heard, Ameer Abdullah all in the same class? Green was a top running back recruit so was heard. Not to mention all the 4 star linemen on the roster now are Bo's guys. I'm pretty sure Bo brought in the lines of Lavonte David and Randy gregory talent that Riley has never brought in. I wouldn't say we are in a better spot now then when Bo left. The staff turnover doesn't show it and the play and record on the field doesn't show that either. Name me 5 recievers that have ever single handedly won their team any type of championship? You find mind many because top running backs are way more valuable to a team than a top reciever. Ask Penn St. Hackenberg couldn't do crap and they had great recievers on that team. Franklin is hires they get a good RB and a dual threat QB and they win the big 10. If your offense line can't run block effectively which is the easiest type of blocking how do you see a offensive line being more effective in pass blocking? We aren't in a better spot then whe. Bo left. If we were then most of our D line wouldn't of left after Bo did

I think we are trending in the right direction. We are in a better spot today than we with what Bo left the program. I think our recruiting has been slightly better - I can't recall Bo bringing in a big time offensive threat like Tyjon who actually made it to campus.

I do agree and wish some of the recent staff changes had been made earlier and think that some of the initial staff hires held us back. Is Nebraska where I wanted them to be after 2 years of Riley? No. But i think we are definitely trending up.

Really? Didn't Bo bring in Aaron green, braylon heard, Ameer Abdullah all in the same class? Green was a top running back recruit so was heard. Not to mention all the 4 star linemen on the roster now are Bo's guys. I'm pretty sure Bo brought in the lines of Lavonte David and Randy gregory talent that Riley has never brought in. I wouldn't say we are in a better spot now then when Bo left. The staff turnover doesn't show it and the play and record on the field doesn't show that either. Name me 5 recievers that have ever single handedly won their team any type of championship? You find mind many because top running backs are way more valuable to a team than a top reciever. Ask Penn St. Hackenberg couldn't do crap and they had great recievers on that team. Franklin is hires they get a good RB and a dual threat QB and they win the big 10. If your offense line can't run block effectively which is the easiest type of blocking how do you see a offensive line being more effective in pass blocking? We aren't in a better spot then whe. Bo left. If we were then most of our D line wouldn't of left after Bo did
yea!! #BringBoBack

Wow.

• Fire 1