The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

So you didn’t listen to the hearings and the career professionals who testified. You listened to other people giving their opinion. 

No I actually have to work for a living and can't spend my days watching overpaid politicians bicker on TV for the sole purpose of dividing a nation.

But what I did see was a lot of he said she said that isn't going anywhere.  Then coming in here reading comments of grand delusions that this is somehow going in the Democrats favor.  When I read a good point made here and relay it to my Repub buddies, they don't treat me like a d!(k.  That's the difference for me.

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

No I actually have to work for a living and can't spend my days watching overpaid politicians bicker on TV for the sole purpose of dividing a nation.

Actually, if you would have, you would have seen one side presenting profession career people with facts and one side of politicians who, to a great extent, were professional and laid out the facts. You would have also seen one side constantly reflecting and out and out lying about what was going on. 

it’s sad you don’t have a DVR and have to rely on other people to tell you how to think about it. 

And then you would also know that one side is fighting all the way to the Supreme Court to prevent some witnesses from testifying. Why???

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I have 2 two year olds and a four year old.  Why would I bother to DVR something I'll never get to watch.  Especially something as boring and hypocritical as Impeachment Hearings.

Again, from the "highlights" I've watched, very little has impressed me as far as actual damming information goes and most of it has been heralded in this thread.  Lol, I shouldn't rely on other people to tell me how to think, so why are you telling me how to think?  The Democrats failed this attempt miserably.  It's a lot easier to see that and admit it when you don't base every opinion you have on hatred for Donald Trump.  Normally this is where I would try to explain I'm not a Trumper, but that has proven pointless time and time again.

• Plus1 1
18 minutes ago, Redux said:

I have 2 two year olds and a four year old.  Why would I bother to DVR something I'll never get to watch.  Especially something as boring and hypocritical as Impeachment Hearings.

Again, from the "highlights" I've watched, very little has impressed me as far as actual damming information goes and most of it has been heralded in this thread.  Lol, I shouldn't rely on other people to tell me how to think, so why are you telling me how to think?  The Democrats failed this attempt miserably.  It's a lot easier to see that and admit it when you don't base every opinion you have on hatred for Donald Trump.  Normally this is where I would try to explain I'm not a Trumper, but that has proven pointless time and time again.

You didn’t watch any of it but you’re telling people who did how to think based on other people telling you how to think. 

I fully understand your situation with little kids. Been there, done that. 

But, that doesn’t change the fact that you’re making judgment without the facts. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 2

I'm not telling anyone how to think.  I'm in favor of people being able to think for themselves.  Sorry, but a bunch of fabricated half truths on TV from a bunch of professional criminals isn't my idea of getting all the facts.

Fact for me is both parties were doing stuff they shouldn't have been, and no amount of finger pointing makes one side more right than the other.  Challenge trump in the election, not a feeble impeachment.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Redux said:

I've listened to both sides of it, people with opinions I respect.  Only one side of it tried explaining it without hate, vitriol and anger. 

We should be angry the President is using his power for personal gain and Republicans will defend it to the end of the earth. We should hate this brand of corruption as it is exactly the thing our Constitution was made to safe guard against. Maybe you should be more weary of the people who pass this off as ok.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Redux said:

Fact for me is both parties were doing stuff they shouldn't have been, and no amount of finger pointing makes one side more right than the other.  Challenge trump in the election, not a feeble impeachment.

Good job. The Republicans deflection worked. 

and, who are the career criminals you speak of?

1 hour ago, Redux said:

So far this has been the impeachment process from what I've seen.

02-Corrupt-Ukr-DT-990.jpg

Can we Old Yeller this poor attempt to oust the guy they know they can't beat in an election?  Cue the lynch mob...

I hate to do this to my B.C. brother, but ya gotta pull your head out and take a look at the facts. The timelines for Biden's request and his son's employment don't add up.

Furthermore, Biden did what he did with the backing of the federal government and a coalition of our international allies for our collective interests.

Trump did what he did to benefit himself. With the backing of people who also wanted to shake down Ukraine.

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
30 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Good job. The Republicans deflection worked. 

and, who are the career criminals you speak of?

So only focusing on the crimes of one side should be scrutinized because calling out both is Republican Deflection?  That seems awfully deflecting. You would know more of their names than I, they are all over the TV accusing eachother of crimes they all commit.

1 minute ago, Danny Bateman said:

I hate to do this to my B.C. brother, but ya gotta pull your head out and take a look at the facts. The timelines for Biden's request and his son's employment don't add up.

Furthermore, Biden did what he did with the backing of the federal government and a coalition of our international allies for our collective interests.

Trump did what he did to benefit himself. With the backing of people who also wanted to shake down Ukraine.

Oh come on, Biden did it for America but Trunp was being selfish.  Take the blinders off.

• Thanks 1
On 12/1/2019 at 10:43 AM, Redux said:

Oh come on, Biden did it for America but Trunp was being selfish.  Take the blinders off.

Man, I've got no blinders. I see Trump for what he is and I've got no problems calling him out as such.

I'm under no impressions Biden is a saint or Democrats are faultless. But he seems to me to be a good man. Trump does not.

I've researched all of this myself. I don't get how someone can look at this set of facts and draw the conclusion both sides are equally guilty. The adults in the room said there is no there there. I do not weigh their testimony as equal to the Trump's or the Republicans' for obvious reasons.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
38 minutes ago, Redux said:

Challenge trump in the election, not a feeble impeachment.

Your remedy to asking a foreign country to interfere in our election (again) ... is to challenge Trump in the very election he’s asking asking a foreign country in interfere in!?!