The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 hour ago, Redux said:

So nobody thinks the Democrats have come out of this looking desperate?  Forget the fact Trump probably did a bunch of bad s#!t that deserves removal for a second and look at this thing as a whole.  Does this actually look like a well thought out, well executed plan?  Or does it look like a glorified witch hunt with a half assed cast of characters.

If anything, they look the opposite of desperate, because they know there's a 99% chance that even if the house impeaches the Senate won't follow through. 

What, in your opinion, has looked desperate? I've seen constant, by the books, proper and rule following code of conduct throughout this entire process by Pelosi/Schiff. They've acted as professionals, they've gone after relevant and straightforward testimony, they haven't gotten distracted or off topic or misled.

Trump/Guilliani/Fox News on the other hand are acting like the guy in a pickup basketball game who points and yells "oh my god look at that!" to distract you while they drive to score. The defenses and the arguments and the rationale change by the hour. Kind of like stories do when you're lying. I don't know what or who you mean by 'dems' specifically, and I don't know in what specific ways you find them to be desperate. Seems like a vague 'feeling', or like a talking point narrative. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JJ Husker said:

I'm not sure it matters what it looks like.

It does when an election is less than a year away.

42 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

The fact it's not going to work doesn't mean they look desperate for having the stones to do it.

No the awkward silence during the hearings and 5th and 6th person he said she said testimonials are making them look desperate.

FOX doesn't put out any more believable information than the others, I'm really not a fan of any news network so this doesn't really do anything for me.

This year, Amy Robach kinda proved how reliable the major news outlets are in providing sound evidence.

46 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Wait.....so we are supposed to forget that the President probably did some bad unconstitutional crap ......so that we can see if the people holding him accountable looks desperate?

You would be a lot better served trying to converse with people instead of being so condescending, might make me actually listen to you instead of roll my eyes whenever you quote me.

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Landlord said:

If anything, they look the opposite of desperate, because they know there's a 99% chance that even if the house impeaches the Senate won't follow through.

It's desperation because they know they have no shot of getting one of their candidates into office in 2020.

And no kididng, Trump and Rudy look like a couple of dorks that are pretending not to sweat this whole thing.  They contradict themselves and point fingers and shift blame and deflect.  And in the end, this half assed impeachment will be a stain on the Democratic party, not heralded as some landmark achievement like so many are pretending it is.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

I stand by my question. 

I'm sure you do, you can be Sylvester and I'll be Daffy, sound good?

The democrats should not have limited this impeachment to just Ukraine. That was stupid. Bring everything to the table. Ukraine, 10 times he obstructed justice during Mueller investigation. Emoluments clause. Human rights abuses on the border. Over 10,000 lies since taking office, I mean afterall, Lindsay Graham said that is impeachable In the 90s. He has committed so many impeachable offenses its crazy but yet the democrats pick the one that most people have a hard time following and say they are limiting to only that. Dumb. 

• Plus1 1
26 minutes ago, Redux said:

No the awkward silence during the hearings and 5th and 6th person he said she said testimonials are making them look desperate.

Why is Trump taking it high up in the courts to prevent the people closer to him to testify?

its pretty disingenuous to say “all there is is hearsay” when the people who said it aren’t allowed to testify by the person being accused.....then turn around and say the investigators are desperate. 

• Plus1 1

44 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

The democrats should not have limited this impeachment to just Ukraine. That was stupid. Bring everything to the table. Ukraine, 10 times he obstructed justice during Mueller investigation. Emoluments clause. Human rights abuses on the border. Over 10,000 lies since taking office, I mean afterall, Lindsay Graham said that is impeachable In the 90s. He has committed so many impeachable offenses its crazy but yet the democrats pick the one that most people have a hard time following and say they are limiting to only that. Dumb. 

We haven't seen what the articles of impeachment are yet ...

• Thanks 1

I don't get how anyone can argue think what the Democrats are doing now is wrong and will ultimately be viewed as bad, Redux. A waste of time, self-serving or self-righteous? Sure. It's fine to doubt their motives. I think it's as much about hurting Trump as it is upholding the Constitution. But I'm fine with both of those.

If you were given control of the party tomorrow, what would you have them do instead that would be more appropriate?

And whom amongst them do you think has the best shot at beating Trump next year?