The First Trump Impeachment Thread

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Do I think Trump should be impeached over the Ukraine thing?  Not really.  Tar and feather me, but considering members of both parties were involved and Trump's name alone instills agression in many, I think this was just the best thing they had to go off of.

But do you think Trump is guilty of impeachable offenses? Generally speaking. Do you think he's fit for office? Has he worked within the confines of the Constitution? 

I agree it was the best thing they had to go off of, but I also believe with mountain ranges of evidence that they should go after that best thing, because Trump is incompetent and criminal and treasonous. 

1 hour ago, Redux said:

I don't think the Democrats were forced to do this at all. 

You have referenced how you think the Democrats come across as desperate. If they didn't go this route, even though a large part of America was calling for it and media was reporting on it, would you and/or others think, "Oh good on those Democrats not overreacting"? Or would it be something more along the lines of, "The Democrats are so dysfunction/scared/weak/do nothing that they didn't even impeach when they had the chance."?

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Yiu really can't help it can you.  This is why I lean Right a lot of the time.  Repubs talk to me, Libs talk at me.

Republicans talk to you because they think you're on their team and that you agree with them. 

Those same Republicans talk at "Libs". The fact that you've extrapolated this personal little anecdote out into some indictment and implication that the conservative folks across the way are nicer because they talk nice and are kind and the liberals are all a$$h@!es is kind of crazy to me. And before you quote me and say, "I never said that", you honestly just explained that the actual reason you're more conservative is because conservatives are nicer and liberals are mean. lmao.

I go back to Nebraska about 3-4 times a year. I can argue either side of a point and often do at the bars for fun. When I affirm arguments with old crotchety republicans, they're very nice to me. Very agreeable, very pleasant to talk to (despite some of the horrific s#!t that can come out of their mouths), and even open to devil's advocate scenarios if I start out presenting as if we're on the same team. But if I argue progressive counterpoints from the start, they get heated, dismissive, rude, and try to put down and stifle conversation. And yes, liberals do the same thing. 

• Plus1 3

7 hours ago, Redux said:

So nobody thinks the Democrats have come out of this looking desperate?  Forget the fact Trump probably did a bunch of bad s#!t that deserves removal for a second and look at this thing as a whole.  Does this actually look like a well thought out, well executed plan?  Or does it look like a glorified witch hunt with a half assed cast of characters.

I'd use the expression that the Ds outkicked their coverage.  They had a modest case that President Donald Trump was being selfish and obtuse.  That's about enough for a sanctimonious oversight hearing where the congressmen get to rail at minor officials for doing what they always do. 

But that wasn't enough to satisfy these Ds.  Someone got too excited when the non-whistleblower came running to their doorstep. Some guy decided to scream "impeachment" and throw up a political Hail Mary.  It failed and we are all worse.  Now people will hear impeachment and assume it's the usual political white noise.  And that makes it much harder if we ever really do have to remove a President.

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I'll answer the question for him since I'm pretty positive who he's referring to: 

Screenshot_20191201-231509_Google.thumb.jpg.2d90853e6e7f88acad82453455f8361b.jpg

105451929-1536941341663gettyimages-10330

24 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It failed and we are all worse.  

You know that it hasn't failed and is still ongoing, right? 

I will say it is entertaining to see how creative some in the anti-anti-Trump camp, if for no other reason than they despise Democrats, will get in contorting themselves to invent new excuses to cover for Trump. It's pretty much p#ssing into the breeze and divorced from the reality that a decided majority support impeachment/removal.

Yes, it's the Democrats who are bad actors hurting the country here.

Also please forget that Clinton was impeached over a beejer/lying under oath and these same folks likely supported it.Meanwhile, Trump has made lying and misleading the public a daily ritual. That only used to matter. It's not like Trump's actions are/were demonstrably worse, right?

I can only imagine these same people support putting Trump under oath, as we did Clinton, to get to the bottom of this matter 

Oh yeah, Trump and his team turned down an invitation to clear his good name and are refusing to participate. Hmmm....

• Plus1 2

11 hours ago, funhusker said:

You’re right.  If I forget about all the bad things he’s done, he’s really not a bad guy.

AYFKM???

Yes, that's what I said.  :facepalm:

9 hours ago, Landlord said:

all the mean people duh

I don't really care who is registered as what honestly.  Being a d!(k is being a d!(k.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Oh...so now we can’t hold anyone accountable because they are all criminals. 

yea. That’s logical. 

"Yeah, they may all be bad, but Trump is the worst even though he's only been in Washington 3yrs and the career politicians have been there for 100!!  But we need to JUST focus on Trump and if you call them all criminals you must think we should ignore all the corruption or you must be a Trumper!"

• Plus1 2
5 minutes ago, Redux said:

"Yeah, they may all be bad, but Trump is the worst even though he's only been in Washington 3yrs and the career politicians have been there for 100!!  But we need to JUST focus on Trump and if you call them all criminals you must think we should ignore all the corruption or you must be a Trumper!"

Yeah....let's not focus on the one who happens to be in the most powerful office in the world and the outright corruption that he brags about.  It's really tough for some people to agree to that since he has an R beside his name.

Hey...while you're here.  Do you have an answer to my question about who is the "lib" you were talking about earlier?

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1