The First Trump Impeachment Thread

8 minutes ago, ZRod said:

Pretty sure Reduce doesn't support this administration. His biggest issue is that it's supposedly pointless to prosecute illegal corruption because of all the legal corrupt.

I can see why a person wouldn't support this administration.  I can't see why a person would attack the process more than denounce this blatantly country-destroying administration. Kind of the mountain vs. the mole hill.

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I can see why a person wouldn't support this administration.  I can't see why a person would attack the process more than denounce this blatantly country-destroying administration. Kind of the mountain vs. the mole hill.

And that's the part of the discussion we're not really going to get around to. He has his mind made up that it's pointless. We try to point out that you have to start somewhere. Then he says yeah, but the investigators are corrupt, and round and round we go.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, ZRod said:

And that's the part of the discussion we're not really going to get around to. He has his mind made up that it's pointless. We try to point out that you have to start somewhere. Then he says yeah, but the investigators are corrupt, and round and round we go.

There's a reason for that. When someone shows you who they are, believe them.

• Plus1 1

Ukraine couldn’t afford to meddle in our elections in 2016. They were a poor country before the war, and worse off after it started. They didn’t have the money, time, or organization to pull off that s#!t. Them not wanting Trump as our president makes sense, but putting together a plan to stop it was beyond them.

It really pisses me off that parts of our government are making things even s#!ttier for them by not completely backing them on this. They are still at war. 

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Ukraine couldn’t afford to meddle in our elections in 2016. They were a poor country before the war, and worse off after it started. They didn’t have the money, time, or organization to pull off that s#!t. Them not wanting Trump as our president makes sense, but putting together a plan to stop it was beyond them.

It really pisses me off that parts of our government are making things even s#!ttier for them by not completely backing them on this. They are still at war. 

Kind of amazing don't you think how Trump believes it is the Ukraine, who are our friends, and not the Russians who aren't our friends. :sarcasmAnd  by the way, the Russians are backing the separatists fighting Ukraine.  Maybe Russia would like a wedge issue between USA and Ukraine. Maybe Trump, Barr and certain GOP leaders are tied to closely to Russia.  Maybe Russia has a blackmail noose around their necks to make sure they keep pushing the false narrative. 

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Kind of amazing don't you think how Trump believes it is the Ukraine, who are our friends, and not the Russians who aren't our friends. And  by the way, the Russians are backing the separatists fighting Ukraine.  Maybe Russia would like a wedge issue between USA and Ukraine. Maybe Trump, Barr and certain GOP leaders are tied to closely to Russia.  Maybe Russia has a blackmail noose around their necks to make sure they keep pushing the false narrative. 

Trump believes no such thing, and knows the opposite is true.

He says it's Ukraine, because that's the Kremlin line, and a deflection of the actual crimes he's committed. 

• Plus1 3
14 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Kind of amazing don't you think how Trump believes it is the Ukraine, who are our friends, and not the Russians who aren't our friends. And  by the way, the Russians are backing the separatists fighting Ukraine.  Maybe Russia would like a wedge issue between USA and Ukraine. Maybe Trump, Barr and certain GOP leaders are tied to closely to Russia.  Maybe Russia has a blackmail noose around their necks to make sure they keep pushing the false narrative. 

“Backing the separatists fighting Ukraine” is understating Russia’s involvement. 

57 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

So, you don't support the administration and you think it's a very corrupt group of people we have in the WH.  But, you don't support impeachment because everyone is corrupt?

I'm probably just going to stop responding to you so people can actually discuss things and not wade through you being condescending responding once or twice to every post I make.  I've made my opinion to you known, you feel the need to poke holes in every opinion I have regardless of how I explain it to you.  It's not productive or fun for me and I honestly don't care what you think of me.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, knapplc said:

I've explained my thoughts on it and people don't agree.  It's not thsg I haven't, it's just falling on deaf ears.  I think this was a waste because it wasn't well thought out.  The lack of evidence (HOW CAN HE EVEN SAY THAT) will ruin any hope they had to oust him.  And the Dems have looked like total tools on the televised hearings.  Again, the Dems should have fully backed a candidate they believed in and focused on that instead of having this backfire and get Trump more support.  Beat him in an election.  But they know they can't with their current pool and sitting presidents typically win reelection, so they threw a hail mary.  It missed.

• Thanks 1