The First Trump Impeachment Thread

4 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

Seriously, how did Nunes ever chair the HPSCI?

Just imagine what other drug deals were being cooked up before Democrats thankfully took the House, and these oversight duties, only 11 months ago...

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, QMany said:

Weird, now why would the President's personal attorney, with no role in American foreign policy, pushing for ginned-up Ukraine investigations be repeatedly contacting the Office of Management and BUDGET that put the hold on Ukraine aid? 

20 minutes ago, knapplc said:

IT IS A MYSTERY

:lol:

Gee....maybe he could clear all that up by testifying.  :dunno

19 minutes ago, Redux said:

Why not?  You think I'm a Staunch Right Wing Trumper so it's not like I can get much worse.

I get that this conversation has frustrated you.  I understand how some posts have come across as "angry" or "condescending".  

But no one has acted childish until now...

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

They were talking about this guy testifying a couple weeks ago. Why hasn’t it happened?

I believe he is working with SDNY or another entity Currently and has offered to help congress with sharing of info etc - it sounded to me that documents were already being shared, electronics were being worked on and that he would likely come to the House in the future - just wouldn't be this week (prior to the fist draft of the report sent to the judiciary).

Schiff also said today that although the first draft of their report is done the investigationSSS will continue.  So we will hear from him. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I believe he is working with SDNY or another entity Currently and has offered to help congress with sharing of info etc - it sounded to me that documents were already being shared, electronics were being worked on and that he would likely come to the House in the future - just wouldn't be this week (prior to the fist draft of the report sent to the judiciary).

Schiff also said today that although the first draft of their report is done the investigationSSS will continue.  So we will hear from him. 

Gotcha

In the Preface...

In his farewell address, President George Washington warned of a moment when “cunning, ambitious, and unprincipled men will be enabled to subvert the power of the people and to usurp for themselves the reins of government, destroying afterwards the very engines which have lifted them to unjust dominion.”

Dang, that really hits home.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
50 minutes ago, funhusker said:

I get that this conversation has frustrated you.  I understand how some posts have come across as "angry" or "condescending".  

But no one has acted childish until now...

This was childish

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

What?

This is just the last couple of days. You've posted in this thread dozens of times since Sunday.

The only thing frustrating is being talked at and talked down to.  People want to converse and try to offer perspectives, all for it.  Act like a human being, and some are.  But then there are the standard who get off on being right.  Who NEED to look like a scholar to maintain rep in front of the rest.