The First Trump Impeachment Thread

38 minutes ago, QMany said:

https://intelligence.house.gov/report/

c26592ce-1c28-4ef6-9dbd-aa68a1ddd285.png

I. The President's Misconduct: The President Conditioned a White House Meeting and Military Aid to Ukraine on a Public Announcement of Investigations Beneficial to his Reelection Campaign

The President’s Request for a Political Favor | The President Removed Anti-Corruption Champion Ambassador Yovanovitch | The President’s Hand-picked Agents Begin the Scheme | President Trump Froze Vital Military Assistance | The President Conditioned a White House Meeting on Investigations | The President’s Agents Pursued a “Drug Deal” | President Trump Pressed President Zelensky to Do a Political Favor | The President’s Representatives Ratcheted up Pressure on the Ukrainian President | Ukrainians Inquired about the President’s Hold on Security Assistance The President’s Security Assistance Hold Became Public The President’s Scheme Unraveled The President’s Chief of Staff Confirmed Aid was Conditioned on Investigations

II. The President's Obstruction of the House of Representatives' Impeachment Inquiry: The President Obstructed the Impeachment Inquiry by Instructing Witnesses and Agencies to Ignore Subpoenas for Documents and Testimony

An Unprecedented Effort to Obstruct an Impeachment Inquiry | Constitutional Authority for Congressional Oversight and Impeachment | The President’s Categorical Refusal to Comply | The President’s Refusal to Produce Any and All Subpoenaed Documents | The President’s Refusal to Allow Top Aides to Testify The President’s Unsuccessful Attempts to Block Other Key Witnesses The President’s Intimidation of Witnesses

A fun little nugget here...

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, schriznoeder said:

A fun little nugget here...

Wasn't Nunes the guy screaming that Schiff should recuse himself because he talked to the Whistleblower?

And here he is caught red-handed talking to foreign agents.  It's no wonder they called him out for being a fact witness in the hearings.

• Plus1 1
27 minutes ago, ZRod said:

But you still have no idea what was said during the testimonies do you? Please do yourself a favor and put them on in the background during work or something. It's easy to twist a sound bites, it's much harder to brush off the full context of what was said.

Trump is attempting to influence an election with tax money, after he literally just stepped out of another investigation about a foreign government influencing our election. Why should we let him try to cheat his way to a second term?

I get, that you and a lot of other people find this stuff so interesting that you actually spend several hours a day discussing, listening. watching, reading and absorbing anything you can.  Politics doesn't do it for me, at least in the way it does for most of you.  And that's all politics is. From both sides, twisting sound bites and quotes into something that fits narratives.

As for the rest, do you really want me to respond?  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.   The evidence I've seen suggest it's a lot of 3rd and 4th hand accounts that are based off of credibility and bias.  I don't doubt he is trying to influence an election.  I don't doubt Hillary did last time, Biden is this time, Obama did during his two terms so on and so forth.  But I just don't think anynof this is as damming as some are saying it is.  And this isn't me justifying it or giving him a pass, I'm being realistic.  It's not going to work, it's going to backfire and gain him sympathy and the effort will be for nothing.  But what do I know, I'm just a Trumper in denial that didn't cote for him, won't vote for him, doesn't follow him on Twitter, doesn't watch his speeches, doesn't care if he gets impeached etc etc.

• Thanks 1

Holy cow, this report is detailed.

Section I (THE PRESIDENT’S MISCONDUCT) is 137 pages plus 1060 endnotes (citations, call logs above, transcript quotes, etc.).

Section II (THE PRESIDENT’S OBSTRUCTION OF THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES’ IMPEACHMENT INQUIRY) is 61 pages plus 441 endnotes.

• Plus1 1
3 hours ago, knapplc said:

Trump believes no such thing, and knows the opposite is true.

He says it's Ukraine, because that's the Kremlin line, and a deflection of the actual crimes he's committed. 

Of course, I'm saying that with sarcasm.  I guess I should have insert one of the these :sarcasm.  I'll go back and do so - leaving no doubt.

Trump and the GOP know in isn't Ukraine at the center of the election tampering.  They know it was Russia interference.  They are purp proclaiming a false narrative on purpose.

They are doing Putin's bidding because they do have a noose around their neck.

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

I get, that you and a lot of other people find this stuff so interesting that you actually spend several hours a day discussing, listening. watching, reading and absorbing anything you can.  Politics doesn't do it for me, at least in the way it does for most of you. 

But, yet you have formulated an opinion without hearing the evidence.

5 minutes ago, Redux said:

And that's all politics is. From both sides, twisting sound bites and quotes into something that fits narratives.

Actually...funny thing.  Hours of testimony isn't "sound bites" nor "twisting".  It's actual testimony from people who were involved.

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

As for the rest, do you really want me to respond?  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.   The evidence I've seen suggest it's a lot of 3rd and 4th hand accounts that are based off of credibility and bias. 

Actually....no.  There is first hand evidence of being told by Trump's personal lawyer. Funny thing....Trump doesn't allow him to testify.

7 minutes ago, Redux said:

I don't doubt Hillary did last time, Biden is this time, Obama did during his two terms so on and so forth. 

Please show me where any of these people used tax payer money which had been designated for something to force a foreign country to meddle in our elections.

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

you and a lot of other people find this stuff so interesting that you actually spend several hours a day discussing, listening. watching, reading and absorbing anything you can.  Politics doesn't do it for me

What?

This is just the last couple of days. You've posted in this thread dozens of times since Sunday.

3 hours ago, Redux said:

Trying to explain this has become painfully pointless

21 hours ago, Redux said:

Lol no you wont 

On 12/2/2019 at 8:44 AM, Redux said:

"Yeah, they may all be bad, but Trump is the worst even though he's only been in Washington 3yrs and the career politicians have been there for 100!!  But we need to JUST focus on Trump and if you call them all criminals you must think we should ignore all the corruption or you must be a Trumper!"

On 12/1/2019 at 7:41 PM, Redux said:

I'm sure you missed it, the condescending thing.  It's not helpful or endearing.

On 12/1/2019 at 9:31 AM, Redux said:

I have 2 two year olds and a four year old.  Why would I bother to DVR something I'll never get to watch.  Especially something as boring and hypocritical as Impeachment Hearings.

Again, from the "highlights" I've watched, very little has impressed me as far as actual damming information goes and most of it has been heralded in this thread.  Lol, I shouldn't rely on other people to tell me how to think, so why are you telling me how to think?  The Democrats failed this attempt miserably.  It's a lot easier to see that and admit it when you don't base every opinion you have on hatred for Donald Trump.  Normally this is where I would try to explain I'm not a Trumper, but that has proven pointless time and time again.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Someone tell Popehat that we may have found the RICO!

Weird, now why would the President's personal attorney, with no role in American foreign policy, pushing for ginned-up Ukraine investigations be repeatedly contacting the Office of Management and BUDGET that put the hold on Ukraine aid? 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, QMany said:

Weird, now why would the President's personal attorney, with no role in American foreign policy, pushing for ginned-up Ukraine investigations be repeatedly contacting the Office of Management and BUDGET that put the hold on Ukraine aid? 

IT IS A MYSTERY

:lol:

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, QMany said:

tenor.gif

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Wasn't Nunes the guy screaming that Schiff should recuse himself because he talked to the Whistleblower?

And here he is caught red-handed talking to foreign agents.  It's no wonder they called him out for being a fact witness in the hearings.

↑↑ THIS ↑↑

Seriously, how did Nunes ever chair the HPSCI?

• Plus1 2