The First Trump Impeachment Thread

8 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Note the front page of Fox News. Not one headline about the actual issues in the impeachment trial. Everything is personal, deflecting, about the Democrats, about Schiff, about people being offended (thought that was a snowflake issue??!?!), etc.

When you can't debate the facts, you deflect the narrative.  And this is what half of America is consuming as their news.

e8rW3yo.png

the otter defense seems to be working for them.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You have long ago proven yourself to be intellectually dishonest and resistant to facts and reason.

Interesting thing about this.     Shokin was widely viewed as a corrupt prosecutor by almost all of our allies.  It was widely known within our our foreign policy team that he actually neede

You would invoke Alan Dershowitz to defend Donald Trump.  He defended Epstein and procured his sweetheart deal that allowed him to continue raping children. Epstein pled the 5th when as

Posted Images

This commentary is spot on - Michael Gerson typically is and he is again in his view of a post Senate acquittal of the lier in Chef.  The real danger of the Senate trial is that if Trump isn't convicted he will be  empowered to become the ultimate dictator of sorts - trampling on our election laws and doing much worse than what we've seen thus far.  

I heard my Senator Langford state the party line - "Nothing New".  If you listen wt an open mind, the House Mgrs are presenting a convincing argument for removal.  There is no doubt in Trump's wrong doing.  History will judge this Senate in years to come as a Senate full of political hacks who put party before country and their own interest before honor.   Not unlike their cult leader.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/michael-gerson-donald-trump-impeachment-trial-080345388.html

Michael Gerson, a former speechwriter for President George W. Bush, on Thursday warned of the “further danger” to come if the GOP-controlled Senate votes to acquit President Donald Trump over his Ukraine misconduct.

“The president never views a near-miss as an opportunity for reflection and reformation. He sees it as permission to indulge his every urge,” Gerson wrote in a new column for The Washington Post.

“And his most consistent urge has been to seek unfair advantage in the upcoming presidential election,” he continued. “The months between Senate acquittal and the November vote will be fertile ground for further cheating.”

Gerson also called out the “barefaced bad faith” of Republican senators in the impeachment trial who have complained there’s “nothing new” in the case Democrats are making against Trump, while simultaneously “actively opposing the introduction of new evidence and new testimony.”

“In this matter, elected Republicans are mainly serving, not the president, and certainly not the republic, but themselves,” Gerson wrote. “Having decided that no amount of evidence would be sufficient for conviction, they realize that the presentation of a full and compelling case would convict them of servility and institutional surrender. So a quick and dirty Senate trial is the best way to limit the exposure of their malpractice.”

• Plus1 3

29 minutes ago, funhusker said:

That seems to work...

As a teacher/coach I’ve had many conversations about “hey, I appreciate your efforts. But this class/position isn’t a good place for you to showcase your skills and be successful”

If a 12-18 year old can be told that, why not an adult?

I appreciate his persistence, but this thread isn’t doing him/her any favors.  It’s just sad.

Dang, I have said that one a few times too!

53 minutes ago, funhusker said:

At what point can we call a poster "stupid" without it being a personal attack, but rather an accepted truth???

30 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

That's never going to be an option. Talk about their behaviors instead of your interpretation of their behaviors. 

It isn't acceptable, and I knew that and I still called someone an "idiot" here in P&R - and I got a warning for it.

If you can't control your tongue, go call them "stupid" in the thread in the Shed. That's what it's for.

I heard an interesting take ont he radio, so unclear who said it or where I could go to find it.  But essentially it said, the Boomer GOP is dying, the youth gaining their voting rights in the next 10 years is old enough to see what's going on, they're watching people lie and be rewarded, people telling them that there are more important things than the environment and gun control, equal rights etc - they will never choose to be a Republican, they will not register, they will not vote for the GOP - the longevity of what's happening now will result in an entire generation that will refuse to support the GOP an their goals and it will die off as well.   So the short term is our democracy getting blown apart and the next generations will have to rebuild it.

• Plus1 1
  • Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

I heard an interesting take ont he radio, so unclear who said it or where I could go to find it.  But essentially it said, the Boomer GOP is dying, the youth gaining their voting rights in the next 10 years is old enough to see what's going on, they're watching people lie and be rewarded, people telling them that there are more important things than the environment and gun control, equal rights etc - they will never choose to be a Republican, they will not register, they will not vote for the GOP - the longevity of what's happening now will result in an entire generation that will refuse to support the GOP an their goals and it will die off as well.   So the short term is our democracy getting blown apart and the next generations will have to rebuild it.

I don't know....

Listening to the kids in my school, which is in the "liberal" part of Nebraska, doesn't make me believe that current Trump Republicanism is going to go away.  Now, I think the gap is closing.  Which means in 10 years the dems might lose "statewide" elections 60/40 instead of 75/25...(please know my numbers aren't based in reality, just the fact that the problem isn't going to go away with the next generation)

And then there is this...

https://seeingrednebraska.com/published/nebraskas-community-leaders-need-to-stop-dicking-around/

• Plus1 1

That recording could actually be really big. Apparently it came from Fruman which could imply he is also willing to cooperate. Obviously Republicans are oblivious to the evidence but it may be hard to bear corroborating evidence from Fruman as well. Who knows what he has on his phone if he was recording meetings in 2018.

25 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Here's what I don't get.

If Trump wants her replaced....it's his prerogative.  But...if he just wants her replaced, why would Parnas and others be involved and start tracking her every move?  Why would it become clear to the state department that she is in danger and she needs to be flown out of the country immediately?

• Plus1 2