DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

1 hour ago, Scarlet said:

So obvious only an idiot can't put the pieces of the puzzle together.  Like I said before, he was a Royal Humpy in a brookie pond for the KGB.  

Yes, and Russia is probably behind the Proud Boys etc and the insurrection as well.  Rudy is in that web.  I expect Russia to keep the pot stirring until 2024 as well. We have 45 GOP senators unwilling to convict the guy.  Remember them on election day.

• Plus1 3
21 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

Yes, and Russia is probably behind the Proud Boys etc and the insurrection as well.  Rudy is in that web.  I expect Russia to keep the pot stirring until 2024 as well. We have 45 GOP senators unwilling to convict the guy.  Remember them on election day.

But..but...but...I was told that all Russia did was post a few things on Facebook.

• Plus1 1

13 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

And you refuse to see anything else.  Good job...you've fallen for the propaganda and are loyal to your party.

What else am I supposed to see that Russia did?  Did they change votes in the 2016 election? Did they suppress votes?  Sorry but I have a hard time believing that Russia cultivated Trump in 1983 to run for President in 2016. 

• Fire 2
35 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What else am I supposed to see that Russia did?  Did they change votes in the 2016 election? Did they suppress votes?  Sorry but I have a hard time believing that Russia cultivated Trump in 1983 to run for President in 2016. 

He floated the idea in 1988, 2004 and 2014. He created exploratory committees and appeared in primary polls in a few of those years.

He actually ran for president in 2000, 2016 & 2020.

9 minutes ago, knapplc said:

He floated the idea in 1988, 2004 and 2014. He created exploratory committees and appeared in primary polls in a few of those years.

He actually ran for president in 2000, 2016 & 2020.

2000 for the Reform Party.  Don’t think that’s what Russia would have had in mind!  He ran in 2020 because he was President in 2016.  Sounds reasonable.  So again, I say it’s hard to believe Russia waited 30 years to “activate” Trump for his Presidential run.  

• Plus1 2

Just now, Archy1221 said:

2000 for the Reform Party.  Don’t think that’s what Russia would have had in mind!  He ran in 2020 because he was President in 2016.  Sounds reasonable.  So again, I say it’s hard to believe Russia waited 30 years to “activate” Trump for his Presidential run.  

1988. Please just read what people write.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

1988. Please just read what people write.

Ever wonder how the notion of a President Trump got started in the first place? You can thank a GOP activist named Mike Dunbar for hatching the idea. Dunbar, from New Hampshire, wasn't exactly thrilled with his party's slate of White House hopefuls in the summer of 1987. Vice President Bush and Senate Minority Leader Bob Dole of Kansas? "Those guys are duds," Dunbar told the Associated Press in an interview at the time.

Thus, the Draft Trump movement was born. "I figure Trump has what it takes," Dunbar told AP. While the real estate tycoon maintained he didn't envision running in 1988, he did make a trip to New Hampshire in October 1987 where, according to an account fromThe Philadelphia Inquirer, he ripped into Japan and Kuwait and said the Ayatollah Khomeini made Soviet leader Mikhail Gorbachev "look like a baby."

Years later, Trump would tell Boston.com that the heady days of the 1987 Draft Trump movement might have "planted the seed" for his later moves toward a presidential campaign.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2015/06/15/donald-trump-president-campaign/81230050/

• Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Archy1221 said:

What about 1988?  He explored it.  Cool.  He didn’t run.  You said he ran in 2000, 2016, 2020 which is what I responded too.  So ya, I did read it.  And responded appropriately. 

He would have run as early as 1988 if he'd have polled better. He was exploring the idea that early. So he was groomed beginning in 1983 and started exploring a run as early as five years later.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 2