United Airlines PR Disaster

Is there anyone in this thread that doesn't think United handled this whole situation in a completely pathetic and avoidable manner? I.e. the doctor should have never been given the chance to "disobey"?

doesn't matter if United mishandled it or not. the mad dog doctor was lucky to survive his disobedience of the authority.

There are basically two people that are posting in this thread that are being honest. The rest are being what I like to call "Message Board Honest"

Do explain further ...

He's a professional troll. It's not relevant.

What we like to call message board annoying.
  • Fire 3

This man is no social justice warrior, but because of what he did, it will cause change. It opened peoples eyes to this idiotic policy of overbooking and people asked themselves, what if this was me? You can bet your ass other airlines are changing their policies so this doesnt happen to them. Hell even United CEO said they will be changing their policies.

This is how change is made people. Dewiz said obey authority no matter what. If they tell you to jump, you ask how high. Rosa Parks should of just gotten up and walked to the back of the bus. MLK Jr should have just said, "well i was born black so I will just obey the laws and not go to this school. Or this restaurant. Or drink out of this water fountain". Obeying authority when you know something is wrong doesnt create change. And because these two individuals listed above defied authority, they have buildings in their name and holidays named after them. This gentleman will not have any buildings named after him, hell he will be forgotten in a few weeks. But like I said above, because he fought this stupid policy, it will be changed. And because of that, it will hopefully never happen to you or I.

This exactly. It may not have been wise for his health for the doctor to refuse to leave short of being dragged out, but it was not wrong of him to refuse

• Fire 1

There are basically two people that are posting in this thread that are being honest. The rest are being what I like to call "Message Board Honest"

Do explain further ...

Sure...people talk a big game. But they don't really mean it. It's like people who say "if I was in that theater when that crazy dude started shooting at people I would jumped from my seat, tackled him to the floor, put him in a choke hold and held him there until police arrived"

Well, no you wouldn't have done that.

• Fire 2

Do explain further ...

Sure...people talk a big game. But they don't really mean it. It's like people who say "if I was in that theater when that crazy dude started shooting at people I would jumped from my seat, tackled him to the floor, put him in a choke hold and held him there until police arrived"

I would have!!

idky%2B2.gif

Do explain further ...

I would have!!

idky%2B2.gif

Haha! Which choke hold would you have used? I'm thinking I would have used the old rear naked.

Do explain further ...

I would have!!

idky%2B2.gif

Haha! Which choke hold would you have used? I'm thinking I would have used the old rear naked.

Absolutely! Don't wanna get to complicated in a situation like that.

The other option would be to Falcon punch him in the groin

Once again, the politicians are to blame for even allowing this mess to occur.

It is normal practice for all airlines to oversell tickets on a plane and name me another industry where you can purchase a ticket / service and that does not deem you 100% confidence that service will be awarded? How in the hell can this occur, regulators and lobbyist.

Furthermore, United should've never let people board that plane until the solution, as unfair as it is, it is normal practice, was determined. I'd be livid if I boarded the plane and then was told that I would need to give up my seat. OK, where is my $1300 travel voucher, which is loaded with a bunch of conditions, free hotel room, and steak dinner?

Also. https://indy100.com/article/united-airlines-scorpion-stung-passenger-bad-pr-7683581

Do explain further ...

I would have!!

idky%2B2.gif

Absolutely! Don't wanna get to complicated in a situation like that.

The other option would be to Falcon punch him in the groin

Hahaha! You are a true hero

Airlines should be forced to give inconvenienced customers cash, not vouchers. Those vouchers cost them a fraction of the face value. The hit they take for incompetence is negligible with vouchers, but with cash it's the actual value, period.

Not sure if my post came across in the appropriate manner, but I was being sarcastic when saying I wanted the voucher - I would take the steak dinner though.

Vouchers are hiphophogwash. Should be straight cash homie.