Star Wars Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker

3 hours ago, Redux said:

Last trailer gave chills, no lie.  Stoked at idea of Rey going Grey Jedi

Grey Jedi don't exist because the darkside is cancer. The more there is, the more it corrupts.

QiU8raW.png

Pablo Hidalgo being one of the lore/story people at Lucasfilm.

Spoiler

Dark Rey is simply a vision accidentally spoiled by Starwars.com:

swtros.png

Edited due to spoiler, kind of a d move on my part.

My best guess is that Dark Rey is a Force clone being used by or inhabited by Palpatine. Second guess is it's a vision a la Vader Luke on Dagobah.

As far as Gray Jedi, depends on how the term is being used. It's not the most useful or accurate term if you're talking about force users who live between the light and dark sides (its descriptive enough that you can understand it, but the vegetarian analogy is a decent one of explaining it), but it's a fine term if you're talking about Jedi/force users who distance themselves from the Jedi High Council and the dogma of the religion.

At the end of the day words are made up and you either know what the term means or you don't.

13 hours ago, RedDenver said:

I wouldn't go if it was just me, but my 8yo son is dying to see it. I'll have a good time just because he'll be so much fun, even if the movie stinks.

I think it will be the best of the sequels.  I know that doesn't sound like much if you're not a fan of them or the prequels

14 hours ago, whateveritis1224 said:

Grey Jedi don't exist because the darkside is cancer. The more there is, the more it corrupts.

QiU8raW.png

Pablo Hidalgo being one of the lore/story people at Lucasfilm.

Reveal hidden contents

Dark Rey is simply a vision accidentally spoiled by Starwars.com:

swtros.png

Edited due to spoiler, kind of a d move on my part.

Grey Jedi aren't canon yet, but I think a lot of the premise of the last film implied that the Jedi needed to evolve into something more.  Will JJ continue that, hard to say.

1 hour ago, Redux said:

Grey Jedi aren't canon yet, but I think a lot of the premise of the last film implied that the Jedi needed to evolve into something more.  Will JJ continue that, hard to say.

TLJ missed a massive opportunity to actually dive into it instead of having Luxe wax/whine poetic about how the jedi are dumdums.