ESPN predicts Nebraska’s 2017 season game by game

Coach Power'T said: You reference Oregon as being 4-8. They had NU beat most of the game.

Oregon has the athletes and you'll see it this year. Helfrich was just that bad of a coach and Frost and Mariota just masked it. I didn't believe it at the time but that was before all the reports of division of the team and how soft Helfrich was as a coach.

Oregon will be better. I'll call my shot and own it. Last year I got blasted when I said Oregon wasn't going to be very good after the NU game.

Here's my biggest issue with what you're saying...

You're only looking at Oregon's "strengths" while minimizing and downplaying their weaknesses and questions.

Conversely, you're magnifying all Nebraska's "weaknesses" and minimizing and downplaying all our strengths.

I'm making no predictions about this game. We could win, we could lose. All I know is there is about 4 months to go before this game is actually played.

• Fire 1

Sounds like they are predicting Riley to be fired.

I want to see Mike Riley succeed.

But if the Huskers do collapse and have another 5-7 regular season in 2017...it would be a difficult case to make justifying a 4th year.

My expectations for this team are 3 losses or less. Let's start by breaking the 4 loss "curse."

You're in for a big let down. New defense and a new QB. These aren't little things.

Kinda seems like this will be the first year that we have a QB - No let down from that standpoint

Do we? He wasn't recruited out of high school and didn't exactly light it up and lowly Tulane. These unrealistically high expectations are the reason why this board goes ape poop when we lose. Coach Osborne is gone and we're a middle of the road program. We haven't won a conference title since 2001. We are pretty good against Northwestern and Illinois. Not so much against Iowa or Wisconsin. Yes, not so good against Iowa or Wisconsin and last year's game against OSU was the most telling game about this program. Temper those expectations, fellow Husker fans. You'll feel better about the losses.

If Tanner Lee won the starting job at Iowa or Wisconsin we would be laughing about it

After watching what Jake Rudock did at Michigan and what Russell Wilson did at Wisconsin after a transfer, I am never going to laugh about transfers that have done very little at one place and then go to another school. Wilson did nothing at NCSt other than throw INT and for a low percentage. He left because he lost his job. The same goes for Rudock. All he did was lead Meechicken to 10-11 wins.

I am going to wait and see what happens and not think doom and gloom.

Really? Last I saw he set an NCAA record for going the longest without throwing an INT. Don't know if that still stands but he certainly set it before he left the Wolfpack. 12th most pass yards in ACC history at the time and 3rd most passing TD's.. Very little at one place seems like a stretch don't you think?

• Fire 1

Sounds like they are predicting Riley to be fired.

I want to see Mike Riley succeed.

But if the Huskers do collapse and have another 5-7 regular season in 2017...it would be a difficult case to make justifying a 4th year.

My expectations for this team are 3 losses or less. Let's start by breaking the 4 loss "curse."

You're in for a big let down. New defense and a new QB. These aren't little things.

Kinda seems like this will be the first year that we have a QB - No let down from that standpoint

Do we? He wasn't recruited out of high school and didn't exactly light it up and lowly Tulane. These unrealistically high expectations are the reason why this board goes ape poop when we lose. Coach Osborne is gone and we're a middle of the road program. We haven't won a conference title since 2001. We are pretty good against Northwestern and Illinois. Not so much against Iowa or Wisconsin. Yes, not so good against Iowa or Wisconsin and last year's game against OSU was the most telling game about this program. Temper those expectations, fellow Husker fans. You'll feel better about the losses.

If Tanner Lee won the starting job at Iowa or Wisconsin we would be laughing about it

Possibly and 6 months from now we may be laughing at your post

Well....we already laugh at him, why not laugh at his post too? :)

and Tommy Armstrong holds a lot of career passing records at Nebraska. Does that mean he had a great career at Nebraska? I already said Wilson was average at NCST. But it wasn't like people were dying for him to come to their school.

Looks like the link Husker 2019 posted shows Wilson throwing 14 Ints the year before he came to Wisconsin and 11 the year before that. Not sure where you are getting your NCAA record stuff.

and Tommy Armstrong holds a lot of career passing records at Nebraska. Does that mean he had a great career at Nebraska? I already said Wilson was average at NCST. But it wasn't like people were dying for him to come to their school.

Looks like the link Husker 2019 posted shows Wilson throwing 14 Ints the year before he came to Wisconsin and 11 the year before that. Not sure where you are getting your NCAA record stuff.

I'm getting at that he was more than an average quarterback. There's a difference between holding Nebraska records and NCAA records. He also stands pretty highly in within ACC sr. Tommy does not. The comparison is not applicable. I don't know how 30 TD's to 11 INT's would be considered average. The 28 to 14 was a step back, but is that due to the NC State talent or him? Can you imagine how much more successful we would be if we had even the 28 to 14 ratio? Not average. Slap on the fact that he was very effective running and I don't see how you think he was average.

They probably got all that NCAA record stuff from this sentence here

"Last year he ran an interception-less streak to 379 - the longest in NCAA history"

That's exactly it. Feel free to include that he also had a separate 168 interception-less streak. That's pretty average though

I'm getting at that he was more than an average quarterback. There's a difference between holding Nebraska records and NCAA records. He also stands pretty highly in within ACC sr. Tommy does not. The comparison is not applicable. I don't know how 30 TD's to 11 INT's would be considered average. The 28 to 14 was a step back, but is that due to the NC State talent or him? Can you imagine how much more successful we would be if we had even the 28 to 14 ratio? Not average. Slap on the fact that he was very effective running and I don't see how you think he was average.

That's fine if you want to think he was a great QB at NCST than great. I think he was pretty average. Before he went to Wisconsin and had a great Sr year most poeple had not heard of him. I vaguely remember him before he got too Wisconsin.

The bottom line is he was contemplating playing pro baseball and football his senior year and his HC at NCST Tom O'brien didn't think much of it. If O'[brien thought he was so much above average he probably wouldn't have worried so much about it and not given away his starting job.

That's fine if you want to think he was a great QB at NCST than great. I think he was pretty average. Before he went to Wisconsin and had a great Sr year most poeple had not heard of him. I vaguely remember him before he got too Wisconsin.

The bottom line is he was contemplating playing pro baseball and football his senior year and his HC at NCST Tom O'brien didn't think much of it. If O'[brien thought he was so much above average he probably wouldn't have worried so much about it and not given away his starting job.

you have that backwards. o'brien probably thought he was above average and wanted his entire focus on football. and playing baseball kind of interferes with something called spring practice.