ESPN predicts Nebraska’s 2017 season game by game

Sounds like they are predicting Riley to be fired.

I want to see Mike Riley succeed.

But if the Huskers do collapse and have another 5-7 regular season in 2017...it would be a difficult case to make justifying a 4th year.

My expectations for this team are 3 losses or less. Let's start by breaking the 4 loss "curse."

You're in for a big let down. New defense and a new QB. These aren't little things.

It is certainly possible but I don't feel like they've put much thought into this.

There's a lot of variables at play here; mostly the success/failure coming from a great deal of player turnover.... new quarterbacks, new receivers, changing personnel. There's a lot of unknown quantities there, even though all of us like to think that most of these players are probably pretty talented, the fact is, they are (as of today) unproven.

So yeah, that's ESPN basically hedging bets.

But if the Huskers do collapse and have another 5-7 regular season in 2017...it would be a difficult case to make justifying a 4th year.

My expectations for this team are 3 losses or less. Let's start by breaking the 4 loss "curse."

You're in for a big let down. New defense and a new QB. These aren't little things.

And you know this because you've gazed into your Palantir and saw the future?

Well aware that we've installed a new defense and while Tanner Lee hasn't played a game for Nebraska, he's not a true freshman or a first time starter.

So yeah we'll see some struggles, that is to be expected. Have a little optimism.

ESPN predicts Nebraskas 2017 season game by game

Nov. 4 vs. Northwestern

Northwestern FPI Rank: 29

ESPN Prediction: Loss

Nebraska's chance of winning: 37.2 percent

We have a 37% chance of beating Northwestern?? In Lincoln?!? :blink:

Fortunately HB has an emoti for this type of tripe:

:espnsucks:

+1 for emoji

The funny part is the 5-7 win range is actually pretty common right now for our season predictions. If the season O/U win total comes out at anything below 7, I'm betting at least a grand on it. Serious.

New Quarterback, Defense, career 500 coach and you are all in for $1000? Funny.☺️

The funny part is the 5-7 win range is actually pretty common right now for our season predictions. If the season O/U win total comes out at anything below 7, I'm betting at least a grand on it. Serious.

New Quarterback, Defense, career 500 coach and you are all in for $1000? Funny.☺️

Wait...don't you remember that he is only a career 500 coach because of the places he coached at? It has nothing to do with NU...because at NU he is 15-12.

Your logic in this regard is just as flawed as any other logic. Penn St started a new QB with a new OC and a completely new offense last year. We know what happened and now they are everyone's darling to be the next great thing.

Changes in a team can be a catalyst to something great just as often as it is a big learning curve. The defense is going to be at least as good as last year and I suspect a little better. The offense as almost always is the case really hinges on good QB play. If Tanner Lee is all that is advertised, than a 10 win season is a possibility.

• Fire 1

Here are my game by game predictions:

stAte: We show vanilla on both sides, cruise to an easy 42-20 win. (1-0)

@ Oregon: Play extremely well, surprise a lot of people. 35-27. (2-0)

NIU: They play us tough for 3 quarters. We pull away in the 4th. 31-17 (3-0)

Rutgers: Blowout win 48-24 (4-0)

@ Illinois: We do not play well, but we find a way to win with a late Drew Brown field goal. 24-21 (5-0)

Wisconsin: Nebraska finally gets a win vs Wisconsin, Lee throws for 3 touchdowns. 30-21 (6-0)

Ohio State: The game is closer than expected, but JT Barrett puts Ohio State on his back late to win. 28-38 (6-1)

@ Purdue: Boring 11:00 game, Nebraska wins 35-23 (7-1)

Northwestern: Nailbiter, and Drew Brown makes a field goal in OT to win. 41-38 (8-1)

@ Minnesota: Nebraska beats up a struggling team, 42-24 (9-1)

@ Penn State: College Gameday is there, Nebraska comes out very hot, but Penn State wins in a cold defensive batle 17-20 (9-2)

Iowa: Nebraska avenges last year's loss with a 28-14 win. (10-2)

(Big Ten Championship) Ohio State: Nebraska loses this one 21-41 (10-3)

(Citrus Bowl) Georgia: Nebraska gets jumped by Michigan for the Rose Bowl, but still makes the Citrus, Beats Georgia to end on a high note, 28-24 (11-3)

Call me Crazy, but I think we will have a very good year, excited for what the season will bring, and to prove ESPN wrong! I think this could be our year to break through! GBR

• Fire 4

Wait...don't you remember that he is only a career 500 coach because of the places he coached at? It has nothing to do with NU...because at NU he is 15-12.
I think we win atleast 7 I'd be very disappointed if it were below that.

And you know this because you've gazed into your Palantir and saw the future?

Well aware that we've installed a new defense and while Tanner Lee hasn't played a game for Nebraska, he's not a true freshman or a first time starter.

So yeah we'll see some struggles, that is to be expected. Have a little optimism.

I don't know why some people think our defense will be so bad. I really don't think it can be any worse than Banker's "defense".
  • Fire 2

I'm optimistic but also trying to be realistic. I think a 9 win season this year with the increased difficulty on our schedule would be great. I just really want to see some good progress on both sides of the ball.