ESPN predicts Nebraska’s 2017 season game by game

Here are my game by game predictions:

stAte: We show vanilla on both sides, cruise to an easy 42-20 win. (1-0)

@ Oregon: Play extremely well, surprise a lot of people. 35-27. (2-0)

NIU: They play us tough for 3 quarters. We pull away in the 4th. 31-17 (3-0)

Rutgers: Blowout win 48-24 (4-0)

@ Illinois: We do not play well, but we find a way to win with a late Drew Brown field goal. 24-21 (5-0)

Wisconsin: Nebraska finally gets a win vs Wisconsin, Lee throws for 3 touchdowns. 30-21 (6-0)

Was with you till about right here... Kool aid OH YEAH!

The funny part is the 5-7 win range is actually pretty common right now for our season predictions. If the season O/U win total comes out at anything below 7, I'm betting at least a grand on it. Serious.

New Quarterback, Defense, career 500 coach and you are all in for $1000? Funny.☺️

Wait...don't you remember that he is only a career 500 coach because of the places he coached at? It has nothing to do with NU...because at NU he is 15-12.
Last I checked... that is over........500

Sounds like they are predicting Riley to be fired.

I want to see Mike Riley succeed.

But if the Huskers do collapse and have another 5-7 regular season in 2017...it would be a difficult case to make justifying a 4th year.

My expectations for this team are 3 losses or less. Let's start by breaking the 4 loss "curse."

You're in for a big let down. New defense and a new QB. These aren't little things.

You're expecting the Defense and QB to be.....worse than they were last year? That's an interesting expectation.

• Fire 1

But if the Huskers do collapse and have another 5-7 regular season in 2017...it would be a difficult case to make justifying a 4th year.

My expectations for this team are 3 losses or less. Let's start by breaking the 4 loss "curse."

You're in for a big let down. New defense and a new QB. These aren't little things.

You're expecting the Defense and QB to be.....worse than they were last year? That's an interesting expectation.

I think there's going to be definite growing pains. To expect three losses or less is unrealistic unless Diaco delivers a miracle and Lee is much better than I expect.

Kinda seems like this will be the first year that we have a QB - No let down from that standpoint

Kinda seems like this will be the first year that we have a QB - No let down from that standpoint

Do we? He wasn't recruited out of high school and didn't exactly light it up and lowly Tulane. These unrealistically high expectations are the reason why this board goes ape poop when we lose. Coach Osborne is gone and we're a middle of the road program. We haven't won a conference title since 2001. We are pretty good against Northwestern and Illinois. Not so much against Iowa or Wisconsin. Yes, not so good against Iowa or Wisconsin and last year's game against OSU was the most telling game about this program. Temper those expectations, fellow Husker fans. You'll feel better about the losses.

• Fire 2

I think there's going to be definite growing pains. To expect three losses or less is unrealistic unless Diaco delivers a miracle and Lee is much better than I expect.

It's a defense with more experience, hopefully more depth, and ideally more of a pressure on the QB attack. If even one of those things is accurate, the defense will be better.

The QB could 3-4 different guys and I expect better production regardless who starts.

Do we? He wasn't recruited out of high school and didn't exactly light it up and lowly Tulane. These unrealistically high expectations are the reason why this board goes ape poop when we lose. Coach Osborne is gone and we're a middle of the road program. We haven't won a conference title since 2001. We are pretty good against Northwestern and Illinois. Not so much against Iowa or Wisconsin. Yes, not so good against Iowa or Wisconsin and last year's game against OSU was the most telling game about this program. Temper those expectations, fellow Husker fans. You'll feel better about the losses.

If Tanner Lee won the starting job at Iowa or Wisconsin we would be laughing about it

• Fire 2