** 2017 Opponent Previews: Oregon (Game 2) **

I think this game will be a catalyst for which ever team wins. It would be a huge confidence boost for our kids if we can go into Oregon and steal a win. It would also eliminate any of the "buy in" questions we hear about anytime there are major changes. If we lose respectably- maybe no ill effects. Lose bad and it could have a real negative effect on this season. Same things can be said from the Oregon side of the table. Interesting timing for this match up.

Athlon Ranks Oregon's Toughest Games

7. Sept. 9 vs. Nebraska

The writing for Oregon's disappointing season was scrawled on the walls of Nebraska's Memorial Stadium last September. The Ducks let an impressive road win slip away through a collection of self-inflicted errors, as they failed to convert on a pair of two-point conversions, and were penalized for a staggering 126 yards.

In much the same way last season's trip to Lincoln set the tone, the Ducks can chart the course for 2017 against the Huskers; this time, for the better.

#7?! I don't agree with that even though my optimism has dwindled a tad. Stanford and Washington are their most important games, no disagreeing. Utah has been a staple of consistency and I think they have the 2nd best coach in the Pac12.

But Oregon State (ouch) and Washington State are tougher?

• Fire 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I honestly have no idea what to think about this game. I think we should have every chance to win if we play well. But playing at their place will not be easy.

I guess we'll find out how their transition year is going......

Yeah, it's curious. I "think" Willie will do well long term, but he also has been a "tear-down" guy when he took over WKU and USF, and took dips in year 1.

I honestly have no idea what to think about this game. I think we should have every chance to win if we play well. But playing at their place will not be easy.

I think the transition year is kinda BS honestly. Maybe for defense, but offense? Come on we should've been working in some of what Langsdorf and Riley do.

I think the transition year is kinda BS honestly. Maybe for defense, but offense? Come on we should've been working in some of what Langsdorf and Riley do.
I think he was talking about Oregons coaching transition
  • 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity who thinks we get beat by them and why? I feel like we should win this game.

I personally don't see us losing this game. The people that think all Oregon needed was a new coach and all will be well are stretching that a lot. Too many think that Oregon is uber talented and that it was just mismanage. Not really true. I am not saying they going to be like playing Rutgers, but they are laking talent on both sides of the LOS. They have some great skill guys, though losing Carrington and Having the Hurdler stop playing really put a dent in their wr corp.

I have been to Autzen stadium and didn't find it real intimidating. It wasn't a big time opponent, but it was the season opener. It is a nice atmosphere, but not real intimidating. Kinda like Nebraska, I don't think it is all that intimidating, but their will be 20,000 fewer people there and I will be surprised if we don't see at least 10000 NU fans. I expect about 15000. I will be 1 of them.

Taggart and Levitt will eventually have them going again. But, I think maybe 7-5 or so is about right. You have to remember when Oregon was really good late 2000 and through 2014, most the other teams in their division, other than Stanford were not real good.