The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

A question means I want you to explain.  It's not an argument against a strawman.  That's what the question mark is...and if it was true, I said it was short sighted...which was an opinion.

You need to work out what a strawman is knapp, you've misapplied it numerous times in this thread.

You made a conclusion by saying "that's pretty shortsighted" which makes it a strawman. 

12 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I wouldn't put it past him, and if he does it, it will work. So.....yeah.

Would that tactic have worked against Bernie?  Or Warren?  Or any other Democrat?

Because if so, you're saying Trump has to lift his little finger and he wins reelection.

Or is Biden alone vulnerable to these tissue-thin attacks?

1 minute ago, Landlord said:

Mine wasn't actually in quotations - google treats quotes as searching for that exact specific sentence.

I also didn't filter by recency, even though the claim was that Trump's sexual assaults aren't as worthy of discussion as the allegation against Biden because they're not recent news. But within the past couple of weeks there's been developments in those cases, and I'd be happy to google that again and take another screen shot if you like. 

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

I also didn't filter by recency, even though the claim was that Trump's sexual assaults aren't as worthy of discussion as the allegation against Biden because they're not recent news. But within the past couple of weeks there's been developments in those cases, and I'd be happy to google that again and take another screen shot if you like. 

I didn't filter anything either, and I don't think anyone made that claim. The only thing I'm arguing is what I predict will happen and how the average voter will process it. I'm not making any claims of things being unworthy of discussion or not, just calling out my hunch of how I think it will actually play out, regardless of how I personally feel about it or what news I consume, etc. 

As far as the question of whether it would work on Bernie, Warren, and others, no, not in the same way.

Hillary is married to a President who had a documented affair that some would classify as assault, and multiple credible rape allegations. Trotting out Bill's accusers front row at the debate worked to great effect against her.

Biden has a long history documented in video and photo of inappropriate creepy old man touching, and an assault allegation that, if not credible, is at least high profile. It would work against him too, imo.

Bernie doesn't have a backdrop of those things. Warren doesn't have a backdrop of those things (although he would destroy her on the Native American ancestry bit). It wouldn't work against them because there's no weak spot, real or perceived by the common voter, to exploit. 

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I also didn't filter by recency, even though the claim was that Trump's sexual assaults aren't as worthy of discussion as the allegation against Biden because they're not recent news.

4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

I don't think anyone made that claim.

@BlitzFirst did

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

I mentioned Biden because he has an allegation in the news RIGHT NOW and I thought of it as a weakness Trump would exploit.

Trumps allegations are not in the news right now. 

9 minutes ago, Landlord said:

As far as the question of whether it would work on Bernie, Warren, and others, no, not in the same way.

Hillary is married to a President who had a documented affair that some would classify as assault, and multiple credible rape allegations. Trotting out Bill's accusers front row at the debate worked to great effect against her.

Biden has a long history documented in video and photo of inappropriate creepy old man touching, and an assault allegation that, if not credible, is at least high profile. It would work against him too, imo.

Bernie doesn't have a backdrop of those things. Warren doesn't have a backdrop of those things (although he would destroy her on the Native American ancestry bit). It wouldn't work against them because there's no weak spot, real or perceived by the common voter, to exploit. 

I think you're vastly overestimating how much people care about Trump's nicknames and memes. The "creepy Joe Biden" meme isn't widely accepted as true. It's going to be a lot harder to convince people that Biden is some sort of closet creep, especially when the guy making the accusations is currently on trial for real sexual assault.

11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I think you're vastly overestimating how much people care about Trump's nicknames and memes. The "creepy Joe Biden" meme isn't widely accepted as true. It's going to be a lot harder to convince people that Biden is some sort of closet creep, especially when the guy making the accusations is currently on trial for real sexual assault.

Fair enough, and I think you're underestimating the proliferation of stuff like creepy joe biden into the social feeds of the average joe. I see that stuff on facebook allllll the time, across political affiliations.

I'm not sure what you mean by "accepted as true" though, in regards to hundreds of montage videos showing Joe grabbing and cuddling and kissing and nuzzling all manner of women and girls. People don't believe the videos are real? Or they don't think that what they're seeing is creepy and inappropriate? 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Well you didn't really answer the question. I was asking what you think Trump can do by decree. 

That article discusses federalism without really using the word.  The individual states have basic police power that exceeds that of Trump.  Andyou  If you finish the article you'd find that the court as the power to review government actions taken in the name of public health.  So I'm asking where you draw the line, or if you'd even draw one.

I know what you've been trying to do here, but the answer has always been the same:  bipartisan support for Donald Trump to exercise what have traditionally been wartime powers to enlist private companies in the manufacture of very specific life-saving equipment for this particular crisis.