The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

15 hours ago, funhusker said:

If you’re in MN now, your vote absolutely matters.

There was a 1.5% margin of victory over Trump in 2016.  

85F68068-B6EE-440B-82AD-382DD37B0B6F.png

I honestly didn't realize it was that close last time around. I look at Democrats holding all notable positions and taking the state in every election since man walked on the moon and assumed it was a landslide in 2016. Definitely changes my opinion.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
10 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

You didn't answer my question.  So, you support a President who thinks he's a King.  And, to answer yours, the vast majority of the Presidents throughout history had a clearly better understanding of how our government works and their limitations.  I find it really interesting that Republicans were OUTRAGED at Obama simply using an executive order.  But, now that King Trump is in office, it's....well....every President does this.

NO...Not every President has acted and done things like Trump.  I have constantly heard his followers proclaim, "well, he's a different kind of President".  Well...you're right.  He is.  So....now you can't come back and say....But....all Presidents do that.

Obama tried to nullify immigration law with his phone and pen, and was reproved in court.  What specifically did King Trump do that has you worried about abuse of power?  Bear in mind that speeches and tweets are not executive orders.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Trump Campaign paying Don Jr GF and Eric’s wife each 15k a month. Well not directly through the campaign, but through the campaign managers private company to avoid the FEC. And they wanted Hunter Biden investigated! 

Yeah, I am fine with nepotism.  I wish I could have had that in my life!

7 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Obama tried to nullify immigration law with his phone and pen, and was reproved in court.  What specifically did King Trump do that has you worried about abuse of power?  Bear in mind that speeches and tweets are not executive orders.

Overrode the "power of the purse" to steal money from the defense dept to build a wall.

That's one off of the top of my head...

12 hours ago, mrandyk said:

I honestly didn't realize it was that close last time around. I look at Democrats holding all notable positions and taking the state in every election since man walked on the moon and assumed it was a landslide in 2016. Definitely changes my opinion.

That's good to hear.  The only reason I knew anything about it is because my sister lives in the SE corner of MN close to the Wisconsin border.  She works in the university system and is a nervous wreck leading up to every election because she fears the state is one low turnout election away from taking a wrecking ball to the education system like Wisconsin.

She'll be relieved to hear the state got a new reasonable voter :thumbs

6 hours ago, funhusker said:

Overrode the "power of the purse" to steal money from the defense dept to build a wall.

That's one off of the top of my head...

Walls have been used for defense at least since Emperor Hadrian.  The Supreme Court allowed construction to continue while the case went through the lower court so your prospects aren't great.

Next?

5 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

He both supported and later blamed everything on the House of Lannister.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1