The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

9 minutes ago, commando said:

fwiw...i put as much faith faith in krystal ball as i put in tucker carlson. IMO  they are both extremists obsessed with dividing americans.   

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yeah, she belongs in that category.

Way to miss the forest for the trees.

From the NYT editorial board:

Investigate Tara Reade’s Allegations

Americans deserve to know more about a sexual assault accusation against the likely Democratic Party nominee.

In 2018, this board advocated strongly for a vigorous inquiry into accusations of sexual misconduct raised against Brett Kavanaugh when he was nominated to a seat on the Supreme Court. Mr. Biden’s pursuit of the presidency requires no less. His campaign, and his party, have a duty to assure the public that the accusations are being taken seriously. The Democratic National Committee should move to investigate the matter swiftly and thoroughly, with the full cooperation of the Biden campaign.

Ms. Reade says that she filed a formal harassment complaint with a congressional personnel office in 1993. (She says the report did not mention the assault.) Although she kept some of her employment records from that time, she says she does not have a copy of that complaint. In his statement, Mr. Biden said that if such a document existed, there would be a copy of it in the National Archives, which retains records from what was then the Office of Fair Employment Practices. He called on the archives “to identify any record of the complaint she alleges she filed and make available to the press any such document.” Later on Friday, after the National Archives said it did not have personnel documents, Mr. Biden asked the secretary of the Senate to direct a more extensive search, also asking for “any and all other documents in the records that relate to the allegation.”

This is a start, but it does not go far enough. Any serious inquiry must include the trove of records from Mr. Biden’s Senate career that he donated to the University of Delaware in 2012. Currently, those files are set to remain sealed until after Mr. Biden retires from public life — a common arrangement. There are growing calls for Mr. Biden to make those records available to see if they contain any mention of Ms. Reade or perhaps others who raised similar complaints about his behavior.

6 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

...The Daily Wire? My used toilet paper has more credibility than that (and, ironically, is worth more in the current economy). 

If you care to read the link, they cited the liberal Business Insider.  I didn't link BI because they had a pop-up demanding that you pay to be an Insider. 

Speaking of, I have no idea what ad-blocker comes standard with Microsoft Edge, but I am not monkeying with the controls for any individual website.

41 minutes ago, commando said:

and she had to throw her jab at the DNC while she was at it.  the times was saying the DNC should look into it...and she had her snide remark about the DNC.

Well, everyone knows there will be no FBI investigation combined with a Senate Circus.

1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

If you care to read the link, they cited the liberal Business Insider.  I didn't link BI because they had a pop-up demanding that you pay to be an Insider. 

Speaking of, I have no idea what ad-blocker comes standard with Microsoft Edge, but I am not monkeying with the controls for any individual website.

Well, everyone knows there will be no FBI investigation combined with a Senate Circus.

Ben Shapiro doesn't get any clicks from me; I don't need to read the link to know how bad it smells. 

she could have shared that the times was calling for an investigation without taking the jab.  she is like fox news with that maneuver. those tactics are divisive.   we don't need anymore of that right now...trump and his cult should be more then enough of that for our country right now.   but...here she is piling on.   

18 minutes ago, commando said:

she could have shared that the times was calling for an investigation without taking the jab.  she is like fox news with that maneuver. those tactics are divisive.   we don't need anymore of that right now...trump and his cult should be more then enough of that for our country right now.   but...here she is piling on.   

What? People take jabs at politicians and political parties all the time. Trump and his clowns doesn't suddenly make the DNC good.

9 hours ago, RedDenver said:

What? People take jabs at politicians and political parties all the time. Trump and his clowns doesn't suddenly make the DNC good.

Amen, what you are seeing is people getting mad when it is the dude they like getting ripped on.  Like this is new...it is not new.  

• Plus1 1
10 hours ago, commando said:

She’s a known grifter for the anti establishment wing of the party, her base wants her to take shots at the DNC. So her paycheck depends on her taking shots at the DNC. She’s there to reassure her base that Bernie = Good, Biden and DNC = bad. I’m sure some of her complaints are warranted but at the end of the day, her stuff is opinion based and also skews far left to the antiestablishment base.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

She’s a known grifter for the anti establishment wing of the party, her base wants her to take shots at the DNC. So her paycheck depends on her taking shots at the DNC. She’s there to reassure her base that Bernie = Good, Biden and DNC = bad. I’m sure some of her complaints are warranted but at the end of the day, her stuff is opinion based and also skews far left to the antiestablishment base.

I think most of the stuff is opinion based now...bias free reporting is mostly gone and it makes sense that it would be.  Reporting is like parenting...you get asked with kid is your favorite and you say "I love them all the same" but you still have a favorite.  

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, teachercd said:

I think most of the stuff is opinion based now...bias free reporting is mostly gone and it makes sense that it would be.  Reporting is like parenting...you get asked with kid is your favorite and you say "I love them all the same" but you still have a favorite.  

I mean it’s smart. She’s probably getting paid very good money to be one of the voices of the far left, and there will always be a base that wants to absorb that info. But at the same time there’s gonna be people like me who automatically dismiss people like Ball, and Hannity. These people have agendas. There are still many outlets that report just the news, and let you form your own opinion. 

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I mean it’s smart. She’s probably getting paid very good money to be one of the voices of the far left, and there will always be a base that wants to absorb that info. But at the same time there’s gonna be people like me who automatically dismiss people like Ball, and Hannity. These people have agendas. There are still many outlets that report just the news, and let you form your own opinion. 

It is totally smart, go cash those checks when you can!  Like you said, it only lasts for so long.