The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

1 hour ago, BlitzFirst said:

And I pardon you for being on the exact opposite side, yet exactly the same, with posts also showing your head deep in the sand like an orange subterranean ostrich....yet the ostrich has a blue tinge to it.

Blue and orange you say?

How I miss baseball...

fake-new-york-mets-logo-todd-radom-2014.

8 hours ago, BlitzFirst said:

I'm not asking for Biden to drop out...I'm asking for the allegations to be investigated and the victim not be shamed and deemed not credible with 2 corroborating witnesses.  Nothing more.  When I vote for him, I'd like to feel as though I didn't just vote a rapist into office.

Has someone here said they don't think there should be an investigation? I'm really asking, since I haven't read every post. I haven't seen one that says that. People saying they don't believe her for reasons A, B, and C is not the same as them saying they don't think it should be looked into.

You're going to feel this way regardless - Biden can't be proven guilty of this, just like Trump can't been proven guilty of the accusations against him, nor Clinton against him.

• Plus1 2
6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Has someone here said they don't think there should be an investigation? I'm really asking, since I haven't read every post. I haven't seen one that says that. People saying they don't believe her for reasons A, B, and C is not the same as them saying they don't think it should be looked into.

You're going to feel this way regardless - Biden can't be proven guilty of this, just like Trump can't been proven guilty of the accusations against him, nor Clinton against him.

Nobody, that I can think of, has said that she shouldn’t have the ability to tell her story and an investigation  be done. 

There are opinions on what she has said so far...which are appropriate. 

6 hours ago, Moiraine said:

Not really...

It is more of one person saying it is false and a hoax and another person saying there is a chance that it happened.

Let's review how we got here. 

A diverse and supposedly exciting slate of candidates jumped in early for the Democratic nomination. If you were an ambitious Dem, 2020 was your moment. 

While waiting for the future of the Democratic party to gain traction, Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden entered the race. Sanders had the best ground game in the business. Joe had the name recognition and the Obama halo. The two old guys quickly claimed solid double-digit numbers. No surprise there. It was early. Surely Harris or Warren or Booker or this amazingly articulate mayor from Indiana were going to catch fire. 

But now it's almost Super Tuesday. Sanders has an entire wing of the party, tons of volunteers and enthusiasm, and a clear path to the nomination. That's because the Democrats are still kicking the tires of the remaining candidates who aren't Bernie Sanders. One of them, Joe Biden, had just come in third in Iowa, fourth in New Hampshire, and a distant second in Nevada.

The Dem establishment is panicked. There's no other word for it. Op-ed pieces and MSNBC pundits are sounding the apocalypse if Sanders gets the nomination. 

Biden still polls well nationally against Trump (almost everyone does) but he doesn't have enthusiasm or money. Few have endorsed Joe, which is odd for such a party stalwart. One might even detect a hint of pity for Biden, who seems lost in the hullaballoo and malarkey.

He has decided to go all in on South Carolina -- which he'd targeted from the beginning. That leaves him with $600,000 for all the Super Tuesday states. By comparison, Mike Bloomberg has already spent $30 million on Super Tuesday.

The DNC and Dem influencers are looking at having to choose between Bernie Sanders and Mike Bloomberg and it's a tough call which they would find more humiliating.  

Then Joe Biden wins South Carolina and wins big. 

Hold the phone.

Dem leadership crunches the numbers and see no path forward for Buttigieg and Klobuchar and convinces them to drop out of the race 48 hours before Super Tuesday. This was likely delivered in a phone call from Barack Obama, who already said he would not get involved in the primary unless Sanders threatened to win the nomination. 

A lot happens in those 48 hours. Democratic voters finally realize they have two choices: Bernie Sanders or Not Bernie Sanders. Essentially down to Joe Biden, Mike Bloomberg and Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden suddenly looks like the best Not Bernie Sanders around. Even Mike Bloomberg says he will donate millions of dollars to a Biden campaign. But not to a Bernie campaign.

Now it's a Joe Biden steamroller. The voters have spoken. 16 months and 26 candidates later, Joe Biden is the man.

So now the man is in the spotlight and as we gather to watch the warrior we will send into battle against Trump, you can almost hear the ripple spread across the land. A little voice saying: "ooops." 

This is why Tara Reade is being treated like the woman who could single-handedly re-elect Donald Trump. 

• Plus1 4
6 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

A diverse and supposedly exciting slate of candidates jumped in early for the Democratic nomination. If you were an ambitious Dem, 2020 was your moment. 

While waiting for the future of the Democratic party to gain traction, Bernie Sanders and Joe Biden entered the race. Sanders had the best ground game in the business. Joe had the name recognition and the Obama halo. The two old guys quickly claimed solid double-digit numbers. No surprise there. It was early. Surely Harris or Warren or Booker or this amazingly articulate mayor from Indiana were going to catch fire. 

But now it's almost Super Tuesday. Sanders has an entire wing of the party, tons of volunteers and enthusiasm, and a clear path to the nomination. That's because the Democrats are still kicking the tires of the remaining candidates who aren't Bernie Sanders. One of them, Joe Biden, had just come in third in Iowa, fourth in New Hampshire, and a distant second in Nevada.

The Dem establishment is panicked. There's no other word for it. Op-ed pieces and MSNBC pundits are sounding the apocalypse if Sanders gets the nomination. 

Biden still polls well nationally against Trump (almost everyone does) but he doesn't have enthusiasm or money. Few have endorsed Joe, which is odd for such a party stalwart. One might even detect a hint of pity for Biden, who seems lost in the hullaballoo and malarkey.

He has decided to go all in on South Carolina -- which he'd targeted from the beginning. That leaves him with $600,000 for all the Super Tuesday states. By comparison, Mike Bloomberg has already spent $30 million on Super Tuesday.

The DNC and Dem influencers are looking at having to choose between Bernie Sanders and Mike Bloomberg and it's a tough call which they would find more humiliating.  

Hold the phone.

Dem leadership crunches the numbers and see no path forward for Buttigieg and Klobuchar and convinces them to drop out of the race 48 hours before Super Tuesday. This was likely delivered in a phone call from Barack Obama, who already said he would not get involved in the primary unless Sanders threatened to win the nomination. 

A lot happens in those 48 hours. Democratic voters finally realize they have two choices: Bernie Sanders or Not Bernie Sanders. Essentially down to Joe Biden, Mike Bloomberg and Elizabeth Warren, Joe Biden suddenly looks like the best Not Bernie Sanders around. Even Mike Bloomberg says he will donate millions of dollars to a Biden campaign. But not to a Bernie campaign.

Now it's a Joe Biden steamroller. The voters have spoken. 16 months and 26 candidates later, Joe Biden is the man.

So now the man is in the spotlight and as we gather to watch the warrior we will send into battle against Trump, you can almost hear the ripple spread across the land. A little voice saying: "ooops." 

This is why Tara Reade is being treated like the woman who could single-handedly re-elect Donald Trump. 

Not a bad breakdown my friend. You summed up 500+ pages in case anyone missed everything up until now. 

30 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

If you listen close, you'll notice the ooops is coming from the Trump campaign. And they're saying it because they're best efforts to avert a Biden nomination blew up in their faces.

• Plus1 1

37 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Hold the phone.

Post more!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

If you listen close, you'll notice the ooops is coming from the Trump campaign. And they're saying it because they're best efforts to avert a Biden nomination blew up in their faces.

Yep. They're so scared of Biden they've been trying to dig up dirt on him (or manufacture it) for years now.

They know Biden is the guy the country will unite behind, not Warren or Bernie or Beto or Mayor Pete.

We've got six more months of this. And every "But her emails" moment Trump trots out will be met with yet more breathless credulity.

November can't get here soon enough.

41 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

33 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Yep. They're so scared of Biden they've been trying to dig up dirt on him (or manufacture it) for years now.

They know Biden is the guy the country will unite behind, not Warren or Bernie or Beto or Mayor Pete.

We've got six more months of this. And every "But her emails" moment Trump trots out will be met with yet more breathless credulity.

Haha, I like the bravado, but nobody is scared of Biden, politically or otherwise.

If Biden wins it'll be because of the amazing turnout of the anti-Trump voter, not anything to do with Biden himself.

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I'd have united behind, worked for, voted for any of those people. It's immaterial because the threat Trump represents.

But in spite of some pretty large disagreements on ideas, I'm mature enough to tip my cap to him and acknowledge that Biden was best equipped to draw together enough differing groups of voters together to win.

• Plus1 2