The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

17 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Pelosi isn't even the toughest leftie out there and she freaking impeached Trump.

Spineless? No.

Need to do more? Sure.

And then she clapped that one time and tore up Trump's speech another!!!! Truer acts of courage have never been seen!

I'd love for someone to draw me a roadmap of how exactly the Democrats and their one-half a branch of the federal government could be doing more to reign in the lawlessness and corruption overflowing from the White House and enabled by the Senate. I'm talking about concrete, consequential stuff; being loud and banging the table to make a point performatively to assure everyone where you stand doesn't count.

Trump's GOP has discovered the limits of minority party oversight and is gleefully dancing just beyond them wherever they can.

We have a remedy for dealing with Trump. It's called voting.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

It is amazing how tone deaf these people are.....and so many people don’t see it. 

I mean we're talking about a party that dragged out MAGA Hat lawsuit kid, and has painted him the ultimate victim. While 180,000+ Americans have died from a virus and minorities are getting shot by police.

The party that dragged out Tiffany Trump, daughter of the president and noted rich dude - who told a country with millions of people unemployed, that she too knows what it's like to have trouble finding work.

Tone deaf doesn't even begin to describe it. 

• Plus1 2

Just now, knapplc said:

Both the video I linked and the article you linked have her quote:

"Joe Biden should not concede under any circumstances because I think this is going to drag out, and eventually I do believe he will win if we don't give an inch and if we are as focused and relentless as the other side is," Clinton said in an excerpt posted Tuesday.

• Plus1 1
Just now, RedDenver said:

Both the video I linked and the article you linked have her quote:

That is not what Trump is going to do, so let's not pretend she's saying the same thing.

Go look up the 2000 election and the shenanigans Bush pulled, and what Gore et al had to do to try & verify the election.

Bush did not win in 2000. All the votes were not counted. Any analysis of Clinton's statement without using that lens is a false narrative. 

But then, twisting the truth for her political slant is what Ball does, so... 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

This is a lazy, dumb take from Saagar and here's why:

The implication when we talk about Trump refusing to concede the presidency is that he legitimately lost the election and still won't leave. The votes were counted, the results tabulated and Biden exceeded 270, but Trump claims fraud and tries to refuse vacating power.

Ball rightly states she's worried about accurately counting all votes in crucial states that will decide this election with the difficulties we've already seen in places like New York and the typical voter suppression tactics we see every election trying to tip the scales one direction or the other.

What Clinton is implying is that Biden shouldn't concede because we have every reason to expect Trump will try every corrupt trick in the book to pressure people in states where the vote is close to do whatever benefits him. Biden should not just lay down and give up if Trump is trying to unduly influence a razor-thin election.

Is the bolded really controversial?

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

That is not what Trump is going to do, so let's not pretend she's saying the same thing.

Go look up the 2000 election and the shenanigans Bush pulled, and what Gore et al had to do to try & verify the election.

Bush did not win in 2000. All the votes were not counted. Any analysis of Clinton's statement without using that lens is a false narrative. 

But then, twisting the truth for her political slant is what Ball does, so... 

Yeah, directly quoting Hillary sure is "twisting the truth".

Now attacks on Trump for undermining the election results won't land as well because he can point at Hillary and say the Dems are doing the same thing.

And if you're going back in history to use the 2000 election Repub shenanigans, then why not go back to the Chicago Dem shenanigans in 1960. All of this just lends itself to a "both sides" argument that undermines Biden and the Dems.

• Plus1 2
8 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

This is a lazy, dumb take from Saagar and here's why:

The implication when we talk about Trump refusing to concede the presidency is that he legitimately lost the election and still won't leave. The votes were counted, the results tabulated and Biden exceeded 270, but Trump claims fraud and tries to refuse vacating power.

Ball rightly states she's worried about accurately counting all votes in crucial states that will decide this election with the difficulties we've already seen in places like New York and the typical voter suppression tactics we see every election trying to tip the scales one direction or the other.

What Clinton is implying is that Biden shouldn't concede because we have every reason to expect Trump will try every corrupt trick in the book to pressure people in states where the vote is close to do whatever benefits him. Biden should not just lay down and give up if Trump is trying to unduly influence a razor-thin election.

Is the bolded really controversial?

It is not only not controversial, it's not hard to understand that this is what Clinton is saying.