The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

43 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

:dis   Sounds like you've read some misleading articles.  The racist claim is typically built around 2 events - the Nixon conversation, & his speech in Mississippi.   I doubt you have studied Reagan as much as I have - and that isn't meant as a 'put down' either.   Here is a more  balanced article on the subject.  Reagan was no saint but I can state with confidence that he was not a racist. 

https://www.empirestatetribune.com/est/9/20/2019/icftk92oxa4yg44yrq2or32z4d3vey

and another

https://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article233462777.html

The racist claim is pretty well supported simply by the Nixon conversation. It would be bad if it was a drunken rant to your wife, but it's a sober confession to the leader of your political party.

Also, a bunch of other stuff:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2019/08/04/why-donald-trump-is-just-following-ronald-reagans-footsteps-race/

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Statistically speaking, as much as people feel like this may be shaping up to just another 2016 redo, the numbers don't really bear that out.

The problem isn't who people want to vote for it's voter suppression and/or ignoring the results. Trump is already saying we will never know who won the election.

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

So when Trump looses in Nov - what will his cult members drink?  Jim Jones served  :koolaid2:

will Trump serve

giphy.webp?cid=ecf05e47mvld12ts8krt56a3e

I guess some aren't waiting until November.......      Why am I not surprised:

Gov. Brian Kemp’s office said Monday that the state Department of Public Health has received reports that people are using diluted chlorine dioxide to “treat” COVID-19.

“Chlorine dioxide is a bleach-like cleaning agent and, if ingested, can have severe, adverse health effects, including death,” Kemp’s office said in a press release.

Chlorine dioxide products have not been shown to be safe and effective for any use. The governor’s office said products are being marketed under various names: Aqueous Chlorine Dioxide, CDS, Master Mineral Solution, Miracle Mineral Solution, MSS, Water Purification Solution and others.
Health officials said taking chlorine dioxide products can lead to respiratory failure, fatal abnormal heart rhythms, life-threatening low blood pressure, liver failure, low blood cell counts, and severe vomiting and diarrhea.

Chlorine dioxide is an active ingredient in disinfectants and has additional industrial uses, the DPH said.

The press release urges people to call the Georgia Poison Center Hotline — 1-800-222-1222 — if they or somebody they know ingested it.

President Donald Trump earlier this year was ridiculed for musing about injecting COVID-19 patients with disinfectants. He later said he was being “sarcastic.”

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

The problem isn't who people want to vote for it's voter suppression and/or ignoring the results. Trump is already saying we will never know who won the election.

Yeah, Trump's really buzzing up the "voter fraud, stealing the election, cheating" machine big time.

My point was just that the numbers indicate Biden is not another Hillary. Of course we'll still have to fight tooth and nail against their dirty tricks to get him over the finish line.

53 minutes ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

Played that three times and can't for the life of me figure out those word choices.

Is there a working editor or communications director over there? 

Apparently not, since someone said that Maryland was home to two of the most famous "segregationists" in history earlier in the day. 

2 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The apples to apples poll comparison is misleading. They've adjusted polls in 2020 to try and correct how far they were off 4 years ago.

I'm literally responding to a comparison of 2016 to 2020 polling data. It's just as good of a comparison when the polling favors Biden as when it doesn't.

3 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The apples to apples poll comparison is misleading. They've adjusted polls in 2020 to try and correct how far they were off 4 years ago.

Not to mention the conventions were in July, 2016, and this poll is taken in the middle of the RNC.

6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Pretty sure the biggest reason polling was off in 2016 in these states was they didn't weight for education well and systemically undercounted how strongly the non-college white vote would go for Trump.

Which, as you said, has since been adjusted. Biden is cutting into those voters and rural voters, which is offsetting his relative weakness with Black and Latino voters compared to Clinton.

Fundamentals in this election favor Biden and the polling reflects that. Now he needs a strong finish and world-class turnout operation to bring it home.

• Plus1 1