The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is all not necessarily not true, but going back to Bill's tenure, Hillary was plastic and weird and she never really got better.

AVeLN2Z.gif

atzCwwW.gifzszzkCn.gif

I always come back to a quote from their professor at Yale Law, 

Hilary Rodham always had her hand raised in class, Clarence Thomas never raised his hand in class, and Bill Clinton never went to class.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

It wasn't NOT because she's a woman. There's certainly some misogyny at play there. But I think, especially after electing a Black president twice, those issues weren't the most prevalent anymore.

She's just not a good person.

It's technically sexist because the stereotype of a sociopathic liar politician is a male.  So it was more noticeable and less forgivable when Hilary would do nothing but what was to her political advantage.  But I don't know that she was forced to be that way. 

I think 100 years from now her legacy will be how she as the ultimate manipulator was the actually was screwed by the system (twice), receiving more primary votes than Obama and popular votes than Trump.   

• Plus1 1

OK...I listened to Mike Pence's speech last night.  Honestly, he was by far the best speaker of the RNC.  He did a very good job.....right up till I kept telling myself.....this is a total load of bulls#!t.

My fear is that a speech like that will catch people and motivate them to vote for this administration....without even thinking about if what he said was true or not.

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, knapplc said:

Hillary was plastic and weird and she never really got better.

Yes, I think the 'fakeness'  is what doomed her.  She came across as better than, smarter than and it seemed hard for her to relate to the average Joe/Jane.  That is the appeal of our average Joe Biden - I think he is relatable. 

• Plus1 1

Of course the Trump convention (can't call it a GOP convention as it is all about Trump) is void of all mention of past nominees or GOP presidents.  1. - Trump can't share the spot light and in his eyes they were all losers.  2. It is apparent by the below, they & much of their teams all think he is the real loser.

https://www.politico.com/newsletters/playbook/2020/08/27/new-more-than-100-bush-mccain-romney-alums-go-for-biden-490201

-

NEW … BUSH 43 ALUMNI FOR BIDEN is releasing a letter this morning detailing why they are supporting BIDEN for president. “In order to emerge strong and ready to tackle the challenges before us, we must act. We must step up, get out of our comfort zone, and vote for Joe Biden. It is time for us to have initiative in our communities and networks to stand up for character, integrity, decency, and leadership,” the letter reads. Notable signers include: former Commerce Secretary CARLOS GUTIERREZ, Bush domestic policy adviser SALLY CANFIELD, former Ambassador JAMES K. GLASSMAN and former U.S. Treasurer ROSARIO MARIN. The letter

-- “Romney 2012 staffers unite behind effort to elect Joe Biden,” by Max Cohen: “More than 30 former staffers from Mitt Romney’s presidential campaign are signing onto an effort to elect Joe Biden — the same man they worked to defeat during the 2012 campaign.

“The latest initiative launched by Republicans eager to unseat their party’s presidential nominee comes as Romney is increasingly viewed with scorn by President Donald Trump’s fervent base. In an open letter obtained by POLITICO, the group, which dubs itself ‘Romney Alumni for Biden,’ says Trump’s rhetoric and actions are antithetical to the Republican Party they believe in.”

-- NYT’S JONATHAN MARTIN: “Over 100 Ex-Staff Members for John McCain Endorse Joe Biden”: “[Mark] Salter, who led the effort to gather signatures along with the former McCain aides Christian Ferry, Niki Christoff and Joe Donoghue, said they had confined their outreach to staff members, and did not seek out McCain family members.” The letter, with all the signatories

• Plus1 1
11 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Gotta love the Trump Campaign. 180,000 dead, millions unemployed, race riots - and they're telling us we won't be safe in "Biden's America". Yes Trump's America is so safe. 

we are nearing a race war at this point.   at least that's what the far right seems to want. ann coulter posted that she wants the 17 year old who shot protesters to be president.   shooting blacks makes them heros to the far right

• Plus1 1
12 hours ago, knapplc said:

This is all not necessarily not true, but going back to Bill's tenure, Hillary was plastic and weird and she never really got better.

AVeLN2Z.gif

atzCwwW.gif

zszzkCn.gif

The second one kills me!

It is weird, Bill is so cool, dude has so much charm, seems so chill and laidback.  Such an odd couple.  Was either one rich before they married?

46 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The Trump team is giving Biden easy layups. It's crazy to think how many votes they're driving to Biden by saying stuff like this.

Kind of 'counter intuitive' thinking there by this bat crazy admin.   :blink:     

So, let me interpret:  Our administration is 'running the country' at this time.    At this time there are riots, police shootings, chaos going on in the country.  We are the best on public safety! Don't believe your eyes, believe what we say.  Don't trust the other guy who doesn't have any responsibility for what is going on now - trust us - since we proclaim ourselves to be the 'law and order' candidate - (Ps - Just ignore the fact that there isn't law and order in the streets - that's on the other guy who has no official responsibility at this time).   And by the way, the worse things look, the better we look.     (PS2: Ignore the fact that many of our policies foster, encourage the chaos on the streets - whether it is the lack of justice or encouraging the alt right to stir things up- it is all good - we look better in the end)

• Thanks 1