The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

Just now, RedDenver said:

It gives Trump an easy way out if he wants it.

not really...unless he wants to appear to be ducking a debate with joe.   after trying to paint joe as senile (or was that the progressives doing that?) it would be a very bad look to don the con to duck out.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, commando said:

not really...unless he wants to appear to be ducking a debate with joe.   after trying to paint joe as senile (or was that the progressives doing that?) it would be a very bad look to don the con to duck out.

It would have looked that way before Pelosi said there shouldn't be a debate. Now Trump doesn't have to say anything except that Pelosi cancelled the debates and show the video. It'll then just be Biden saying Trump cancelled, Trump saying Biden cancelled, and video of Pelosi saying the debates should be cancelled. Trump doesn't end up looking bad to anyone who isn't already voting against him.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

It would have looked that way before Pelosi said there shouldn't be a debate. Now Trump doesn't have to say anything except that Pelosi cancelled the debates and show the video. It'll then just be Biden saying Trump cancelled, Trump saying Biden cancelled, and video of Pelosi saying the debates should be cancelled. Trump doesn't end up looking bad to anyone who isn't already voting against him.

You're having a laugh, right?

13 minutes ago, knapplc said:

You're having a laugh, right?

I'm not sure why you can't see that the election is going to be tight and that there are voters that can still be swayed. If nothing else, 2016 showed that Trump can win and the Dems can shoot themselves in the foot.

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

I'm not sure why you can't see that the election is going to be tight and that there are voters that can still be swayed. If nothing else, 2016 showed that Trump can win and the Dems can shoot themselves in the foot.

I would have said you were wrong...but as of today Trump is all but even money to win, according to Vegas.  

• Plus1 2
29 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Pelosi =/= Biden. Biden has never said he doesn't want to debate. So if Trump backs out, the score will be one candidate that wants to debate (Biden) and one that does not (Trump). 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
41 minutes ago, suh_fan93 said:

They're probably still wiping slobber off that microphone.  Lou's too.

Lol it's a feel good low content disclaimer.  Sounds like Rev. Jenkins is more of a politician than Trump.  Notre Dame is not immune from the intolerance sweeping left-wing universities.  It was important is that Notre Dame is not seen as a pro-Trump institution.  The statement is quite mild when you consider that it's pretty obvious. Jenkins is some kind of never Trumper.

• Plus1 1
35 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

oh FFS....i am not sure who lives in a bigger fantasy world...you or NDjoe

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Pelosi =/= Biden. Biden has never said he doesn't want to debate. So if Trump backs out, the score will be one candidate that wants to debate (Biden) and one that does not (Trump). 

Like I posted, it becomes a he said/he said as Trump will claim he wants a debate and Biden is actually the one backing out, and Biden will claim the reverse. Except Trump will have Pelosi on video saying there shouldn't be a debate. From someone who's still deciding who to vote for, how does that look?

26 minutes ago, commando said:

oh FFS....i am not sure who lives in a bigger fantasy world...you or NDjoe

Good argument.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 4

HA ha, the news articles I find are providing a transcript of Holtz's address. I guess he found a way to make sure the news article wasn't one quote and 90% spin.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-football-coach-lou-holtzs-remarks-at-the-republican-national-convention/ar-BB18qF71?ocid=uxbndlbing

He's a bit too hard on Biden than I would prefer for a celebrity speaker.  But no one can complain if he accepts the new normal of athletics being a mere platform for progressive politics.

I use the three rules to make choices about everything: my beloved wife of 59 years, athletes I coached, and of course, politicians, even President Trump. I ask myself three things.

One, can I trust them? 

The second question I ask is are they committed to doing their very best? 

And the third question I ask is do they love people? Do they care about others? 

The above is from his motivational stump speech, at least 20 years old.  I have used it for motivation.

• Plus1 1
4 hours ago, TGHusker said:

San Fran Nan doesn't think there should be debates - it would legitimize tRump in her view. 

So what do you think - no debates?  Does she have a point or is she trying to protect Biden who may not be as quick on his feet as in years past?    

No Debates?

Pelosi is nuts.  

The debates are like the World Series and the Super Bowl.  It is "must see" TV.  I want to hear from Biden as much as I do Trump, even though I lean more to the right.  There is no reason to cancel it.  Let them respond to the tough questions, talk and debate a little bit.  What could possibly go wrong with that?

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

HA ha, the news articles I find are providing a transcript of Holtz's address. I guess he found a way to make sure the news article wasn't one quote and 90% spin.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/former-football-coach-lou-holtzs-remarks-at-the-republican-national-convention/ar-BB18qF71?ocid=uxbndlbing

He's a bit too hard on Biden than I would prefer for a celebrity speaker.  But no one can complain if he accepts the new normal of athletics being a mere platform for progressive politics.

The above is from his motivational stump speech, at least 20 years old.  I have used it for motivation.

That quote is rich coming from the dude that let one of his recruits, the youngest Peter brother, sit in a hospital bed wondering if he will ever walk again - and not pick up the phone and call him. Just another holier than thou hypocrite who hides behind his religion and doesn't practice what he preaches. 

• Plus1 3