The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

The second one kills me!

It is weird, Bill is so cool, dude has so much charm, seems so chill and laidback.  Such an odd couple.  Was either one rich before they married?

I guess Covid-19 is Biden's real running mate.  The granny_off_a_cliff for 2020.

Hilary came from a sweater-vest family, Bill was trailer park.  Even though they were both at Yale Law it was a very odd choice.  Bill's expected ceiling was a local name in Arkansas state politics which doesn't sound like a young Hilary's cup of tea. 

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Actually, I thinks he tweeted that she wants Trump as President and the 17 year old as a body guard.

Ann must have flip flopped again. Only a short time ago she was acting like a never trumper since Trump had not gone as hard right as she wanted - or at least had not fulfilled his campaign promises.  Maybe she thinks he will do so wt a 2nd term.

San Fran Nan doesn't think there should be debates - it would legitimize tRump in her view. 

So what do you think - no debates?  Does she have a point or is she trying to protect Biden who may not be as quick on his feet as in years past?    

No Debates?

Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) said Thursday she doesn’t think there should be any presidential debates ahead of the November election, arguing Democratic presidential nominee Joe Biden shouldn't "legitimize" a discussion with President Trump.

“I don’t think that there should be any debates,” Pelosi told reporters. “I do not think that the president of the United States has comported himself in a way that anybody has any association with truth, evidence, data and facts.”

“I wouldn’t legitimize a conversation with him nor a debate in terms of the presidency of the United States,” she added. 

“I think that he’ll probably act in a way that is beneath the dignity of the presidency,” she said, citing what she called his “disgraceful” actions during the 2016 debates with former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton

“He does that every day,” she added. “But I think he will also belittle what the debates are supposed to be about.”

Instead, Pelosi proposed that the candidates take separate stages and answer questions about their policies in a “conversation with the American people” instead of “an exercise in skulduggery.” 

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

San Fran Nan doesn't think there should be debates - it would legitimize tRump in her view. 

So what do you think - no debates?  Does she have a point or is she trying to protect Biden who may not be as quick on his feet as in years past?    

No Debates?

She ain't lying.

However, I see tRump and his acolytes using that refusal as fuel for the argument that Joe has cognitive issues, and is merely a figurehead and Kamala Harris will be de facto POTUS

• Plus1 2

29 minutes ago, TGHusker said:

No Debates?

she is baiting trump to not dodge the debates.  trump desperately wants to get out of them and is looking for any excuse to back out of the 3 he has agreed to.  her claiming that it would legitimize trump will make trump have to do them.

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
14 minutes ago, commando said:

she is baiting trump to not dodge the debates.  trump desperately wants to get out of them and is looking for any excuse to back out of the 3 he has agreed to.  her claiming that it would legitimize trump will make trump have to do them.

I think this, plus Nancy sets the bar low for Joe, if he comes out and doesn't wow - but actually debates and sounds like an adult - he will clear the very low bar.

That's the downside for all the "where's Joe", "dementia Joe" talk. The R's are setting the bar so low for him, when he comes out and speaks like he did at the DNC, he crushes the expectations. Then the R's turn to "Well he had notes" or "He read from a teleprompter" or "He is on drugs" - and they look like complete idiots.

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

No Debates?

My Lord...would Democrats not running for President please stop making idiotic statements?

This would be disastrous if Biden refused.  He needs to be willing to confront Trump anywhere and everywhere.  Trump has absolutely no grasp of issues and solutions.  Even though Biden is also in his late 70s, he at least can articulate better than Trump what problems are and how they should be solved.

I also don't see him as someone who is going to be shaken by Trump doing his 3rd grade name calling act on camera.  Everyone on Biden's team knows how Trump is going to act.  They need to be working NOW to start preparing Biden for how to handle it.  

If they do it right, Trump looks like the idiot he is.

• Plus1 3
47 minutes ago, commando said:

Very good angle   - Trump will have to take the bait. 

1dj89o.jpg

1 hour ago, TGHusker said:

No Debates?

The Dems really are going to figure out a way to lose, aren't they? It's the most bizarre election I've seen with both sides shooting themselves in the foot over and over.

1 hour ago, commando said:

Except Trump can now run ads of Pelosi saying there shouldn't be debates, and any time a reporter asks about the debates he can tell them to ask Pelosi. I know there's a narrative that Pelosi is some political genius, but she's not. This is totally going to backfire unless Trump can shoot himself in the foot, which is entirely possible.

5 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

Except Trump can now run ads of Pelosi saying there shouldn't be debates, and any time a reporter asks about the debates he can tell them to ask Pelosi. I know there's a narrative that Pelosi is some political genius, but she's not. This is totally going to backfire unless Trump can shoot himself in the foot, which is entirely possible.

so you think trump will duck out of the debates because pelosi said that?   really?   

6 minutes ago, commando said:

so you think trump will duck out of the debates because pelosi said that?   really?   

Apparently anything any Democrat says from now until the election will cost them and push votes to Trump. 

Weird how it doesn't work in reverse.

9 minutes ago, commando said:

It gives Trump an easy way out if he wants it.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Apparently anything any Democrat says from now until the election will cost them and push votes to Trump. 

Weird how it doesn't work in reverse.

Literally no one is saying either of those things. Trump constantly says and does things that push votes to Biden or at least not voting for Trump. It's possible to be able to criticize multiple people and parties simultaneously.

• Plus1 1