The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

39 minutes ago, commando said:

i think that guy has a case to sue..

Yep, I hope the jury awards him as much as 2 dollars.

30 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The police arrested the dude who got sucker punched off his bike. Fantastic police work officers. 

You wonder if there is more to it than 15 seconds of poorly lit cell phone video.

1 minute ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Yep, I hope the jury awards him as much as 2 dollars.

You wonder if there is more to it than 15 seconds of poorly lit cell phone video.

saw the guy ride in from off screen and then saw him get sucker punched.   obviously the biker should have been shot....right?

1 hour ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

So if not touching Rand Paul is assault, then we need to arrest this Trumper for murder. 

lol...that guy sure backed away fast when the kid wasn't on his bike.   he wanted no part of what he bought with that sucker punch.  very manly of him.

2 hours ago, commando said:

sue the guy who sucker punched him and the police for false arrest?

Was Nike's future-endorsee part of the mob screaming at Rand Paul (author of the Justice for Breana Taylor Bill) or some other band of boneheads?

6 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I disagree. Im tired of these privileged asshats not having to put their feet to the fire. Get confrontational. The republican side can yell and scream in LEO faces because they have to stay inside but people can't yell at a Senator when someone was actually murdered still without justice? Nah

I finally saw a news brief this week that was anti-rioting like that tweet.  It looks like the main stream media mouthpiece of the Ds has figured out that liberal rioters are hurting Biden's election chances.  Before that they had a more traditional calculus that disgusted people would vote out the incumbent, and thus lockdowns and riots would help Biden.  

I gotta admit it seemed to good to be true.  That Biden campaign would refuse to condemn the riots all the way until the election while Trump simply chirped Law&Order tune to a landslide victory.  I guess June riots were too far removed from a November election for even the Ds to stay oblivious. 

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/28/politics/milley-2020-election/index.html

"The Constitution and laws of the US and the states establish procedures for carrying out elections, and for resolving disputes over the outcome of elections ... I do not see the US military as part of this process," Milley said in a letter released on Friday responding to questions from two members of the House Armed Services Committee.

"In the event of a dispute over some aspect of the elections, by law U.S. courts and the U.S. Congress are required to resolve any disputes, not the U.S. Military," Milley added.

I think this was a good time for a no comment. This argument doesn't work if the president is flouting the constitution and we can't rely on the courts. It is basically saying he will allow a dictator to take over the country if he refuses to listen to what the courts say. If the courts say he is staying in the presidency illegally, and he says "so, what are you going to do about it," Milley is saying he will do nothing. At that point democracy in this country is over and we have no constitution.

"This issue appears to be born of unserious thought reflecting a fundamental lack of appreciation for the history of our democracy and the civilian-military relationship established under our Constitution," he added, appearing to refer to the arguments made in the open letter written by Nagl and Yingling.

It's the opposite actually - the letter was born of an appreciation of democracy and the desire for it to continue to exist in the U.S.