The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

12 minutes ago, commando said:

wait...i thought the mail in ballots were "illegal" because people could mail them in for weeks after the election according to trump and his sycophants.  now you are complaining because they can be mailed in weeks before the vote?  

I'm making a political argument not a legal one.  One party has a strong incentive to cut off the last portion of the campaign from voter decision making.  You know that Biden is a 'you ain't black' gaffe time bomb and could faint like Hilary on any given day.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I'm making a political argument not a legal one.  One party has a strong incentive to cut off the last portion of the campaign from voter decision making.  You know that Biden is a 'you ain't black' gaffe time bomb and could faint like Hilary on any given day.

lol....biden can run laps around trump.  the sleepy joe attack is pathetically weak 

• Plus1 2

I'm done with logic and numbers. Gut feeling is that Trump has the same legitimate sleeper cell working in his favor that he did in 2016: the people who don't talk to pollsters because they typically don't vote, and the people who lie to pollsters because they'd rather not admit their own racism. They're not going to digest a lot of analysis and nuance. They see rioting in the street and decide to rally around law & order.  It's how we got the hugely disliked Richard Nixon and why Trump will likely get reelected. 

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

I'm done with logic and numbers. Gut feeling is that Trump has the same legitimate sleeper cell working in his favor that he did in 2016: the people who don't talk to pollsters because they typically don't vote, and the people who lie to pollsters because they'd rather not admit their own racism. They're not going to digest a lot of analysis and nuance. They see rioting in the street and decide to rally around law & order.  It's how we got the hugely disliked Richard Nixon and why Trump will likely get reelected. 

i never answer the polls either.   am not voting for trump

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

18 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Are you talking about Trump not wanting to count possibly millions of ballots because they are mailed in?  Is that the "cutting off the last portion" you're talking about?

• Plus1 1
33 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

People, including you, have been slobbering about how Biden's feeble, demented state is going to be his downfall as soon as he steps outside into the daylight since, like, late 2019.

You're just wrong. Full stop.

Feel free to keep setting the bar lower, though. I'm one of these days you'll finally be right!

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It absolutely boggles my mind the thought process of Trumpees.  Trump gives a "you ain't black" gaffe several times a day on average.  But...they are absolutely blind to it...but...hey....Biden....oh my, he's losing his mind because he hesitates for a second to decide what word to use in a conversation.  Meanwhile, Trump is slurring his speeches all over the place, can't walk down a ramp.  almost falls off the stage walking up stairs.....but....oh yea....that Biden.....he's so weak and losing his mind.:facepalm:

Psssst.....if that's your best argument against Biden......it's not a good one.

• Plus1 3

I mean...they are both old stressed out dudes.  Of course they are going to sound lost at times.  Biden just happens to sound worse.  It is okay to admit that they both sound like old dudes that are starting to get mushy.  

No one is confusing either for Obama or Ronnie or Bill.  

Bob Dole, maybe.

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Biden just happens to sound worse. 

Really???  Have you seen the clips of Trump lately?

FYI.....the clips of Biden are selectively edited to make him seem that way.  So...yes...the other side has done the same thing to Trump.

Other than...the slurring speech last week was very crazy and worrisome.

4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Really???  Have you seen the clips of Trump lately?

FYI.....the clips of Biden are selectively edited to make him seem that way.  So...yes...the other side has done the same thing to Trump.

Yes I have, he sounds bad...way different than 3 years ago.

Joe sounds bad too, worse, I think.

I am sure videos are edited, often.

If you are picking the one you want to do a totally unscripted speech, it is Trump.

A rehearsed speech, coin flip.

And, I was an assistant speech coach for one season, so I kinda know what I am talking about.  Hahaha

• Haha 3
3 minutes ago, teachercd said:

If you are picking the one you want to do a totally unscripted speech, it is Trump.

You must think Trump's unscripted speeches are more intelligent than I do.

And, I was an assistant speech coach for one season, so I kinda know what I am talking about.  Hahaha

Hey...I qualified for state speech in HS....so  HA!!!!

• Haha 1
Just now, BigRedBuster said:

You must think Trump's unscripted speeches are more intelligent than I do.

Not intelligent.  

Maybe that is where we are looking at it differently.

Joe sounds like my Grandma did 25 years ago.  She could no longer speak English, only Polish and when she wasn't stuck on a word or rambling, it was intelligent,  

Trump built in devices to save himself...he will repeat words over and over.  It is what bad speech dorks do.  It gives them a chance to collect their thoughts.  But everyone can see through it.  "Tremendous Tremendous TREMENDOUS people"

Joe doesn't do that, stutters don't do that on purpose.  Joe gets twisted over his words more often.  

But again, these are both old stressed dudes.