The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

3 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Hearsay is not evidence. It is hearsay. It does not corroborate, and it does not get us beyond a reasonable doubt.

Anything a second party says is less viable if they were not there and heard it secondhand. Further, that they only heard it from the person making the accusation makes it even less viable.

For the last two paragraphs, I'm saying unicorns are real and they exist in today's world. Present evidence that they don't.

Hearsay is not admissible evidence in a court of law. That's not at all the same as not being any sort of evidence. And maybe you choose how credible people are or whether you believe people based on "beyond a reasonable doubt", but that's not how I or anyone I know goes through life.

If your argument is that there's not enough evidence to convict Biden in a court of law, then we agree. But I contend that we're not in a court of law but rather discussing our opinions of the matter.

• Plus1 1

Just now, RedDenver said:

Hearsay is not admissible evidence in a court of law. That's not at all the same as not being any sort of evidence. And maybe you choose how credible people are or whether you believe people based on "beyond a reasonable doubt", but that's not how I or anyone I know goes through life.

If your argument is that there's not enough evidence to convict Biden in a court of law, then we agree. But I contend that we're not in a court of law but rather discussing our opinions of the matter.

How does Biden prove his innocence now? You bring up the idea of "evidence" to argue against Reade - what would that be? How does he clear this smear from his name?

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

How does Biden prove his innocence now? You bring up the idea of "evidence" to argue against Reade - what would that be? How does he clear this smear from his name?

He could ask U Delaware to allow investigators to search the records there for the complaint Reade says she filed.

But I honestly don't think Biden can actively clear his own name. It's certainly not fair, but neither is life especially politics.

1 minute ago, RedDenver said:

He could ask U Delaware to allow investigators to search the records there for the complaint Reade says she filed.

But I honestly don't think Biden can actively clear his own name. It's certainly not fair, but neither is life especially politics.

The U Delaware search wouldn't do anything. Personnel files won't be in there, and even if they were, Reade's said any complaint she made wouldn't contain the only allegation that would hurt Biden anyway.

Which is why this is all so nefarious. He can't clear his name, there's no way to disprove this, and the only thing Biden really could do is investigate Reade's other accusations and basically attack her credibility. Which would be an awful thing to do to a person, and Biden won't do it.

It's almost a perfect smear. During an election year. Against a guy who's never been accused of this stuff before, ever.

25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

The U Delaware search wouldn't do anything. Personnel files won't be in there, and even if they were, Reade's said any complaint she made wouldn't contain the only allegation that would hurt Biden anyway.

If the complaint exists regardless of it's contents, it'd prove Biden was lying. If the complaint doesn't exist, it weakens Reade's credibility since she claims that's where it would be. But you asked what Biden could do if he was trying to clear his name - that would be something.

25 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Which is why this is all so nefarious. He can't clear his name, there's no way to disprove this, and the only thing Biden really could do is investigate Reade's other accusations and basically attack her credibility. Which would be an awful thing to do to a person, and Biden won't do it.

It's almost a perfect smear. During an election year. Against a guy who's never been accused of this stuff before, ever.

This is all true IF Biden is innocent. However, look at if Biden did it and Reade's viewpoint. The man who sexually assaulted her is the odds on favorite to be President of the United States. There's no way for her to prove he did it. She gets dragged through the mud by Biden's allies.

1 hour ago, RedDenver said:

If the complaint exists regardless of it's contents, it'd prove Biden was lying. If the complaint doesn't exist, it weakens Reade's credibility since she claims that's where it would be. But you asked what Biden could do if he was trying to clear his name - that would be something.

This is all true IF Biden is innocent. However, look at if Biden did it and Reade's viewpoint. The man who sexually assaulted her is the odds on favorite to be President of the United States. There's no way for her to prove he did it. She gets dragged through the mud by Biden's allies.

I’ve been listening to you and @knapplc basically say this one sentence back and forth, over and over, for the last dozen pages...It’s truly amazing how the same words can take on a totally different meaning to people depending on their perspective.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Let's say we had audio of Biden saying he'd grab Reade by the pu&&y. That would be pretty damning, and I would think that would easily disqualify any candidate for any reasonable person.

That is actually talk and protected by the 1st Amendment.  It barely makes it more likely that Biden touched her, especially if he said it as a hypothetical.  I would expect a career savvy politician to say the opposite of what he really doesn't want to leak out. 

2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Hearsay is not evidence. It is hearsay. It does not corroborate, and it does not get us beyond a reasonable doubt.

mandatory 

5WVJcDGZLi1tUjbGJAIefTko5y4=.gif

• Haha 2
6 hours ago, RedDenver said:

However, look at if Biden did it and Reade's viewpoint. The man who sexually assaulted her is the odds on favorite to be President of the United States.

Are you going off your gut or did you read actual gambling odds?  Every political bookie website I've seen says Trump is a small favorite to be reelected. 

• Fire 1

15 hours ago, teachercd said:

Okay, a lot of you read way more of this stuff...why is there all this talk that Obama gave the Okay to dig into and follow Trump and why is this bad for Biden?

what i've read on that is Barr has his October surprise ready.   He will arrest Obama .  i don't think that will happen....but i honestly can't rule it out with this administration.

1 minute ago, commando said:

what i've read on that is Barr has his October surprise ready.   He will arrest Obama .  i don't think that will happen....but i honestly can't rule it out with this administration.

I have not heard that, wow!

But for what?  What would the arrest be for?