The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

So Biden wins, we know that is going to happen, we also know he is a one termer because his brain is mush...

So my question...after Biden...who is running for the D's and the R's?

I guess, Harris?...who might have to fight off AOC?  Or will she not be old enough yet?  (if not, she is gone and off to  making 20 million a year on podcasts and talk shows).

For the R's?  Does Paul Ryan come back?  I always thought he was an up and comer. 

2 hours ago, teachercd said:

we also know he is a one termer because his brain is mush...

Uhh. How do we know that.   Just because he’s a gaffe machine.....hasn’t he been that way for awhile?   I think his lifelong battle with stammering largely explains the gaffes.   To you’re point though, I would think the VP pick would have an inside track if the administration goes well.  Too early for AOC.  As far as the GOP, I could see Rick Scott making a run.   

1 minute ago, Decoy73 said:

Uhh. How do we know that.   Just because he’s a gaffe machine.....hasn’t he been that way for awhile?   I think his lifelong battle with stammering largely explains the gaffes.   To you’re point though, I would think the VP pick would have an inside track if the administration goes well.  Too early for AOC.  As far as the GOP, I could see Rick Scott making a run.   

Because we know.  We just know.

1 hour ago, commando said:

kind of makes those rumors i started hearing yesterday seem a bit more relevant

36 minutes ago, teachercd said:

Yeah...I mean even if he did it (he probably did) no one will ever prove anything.

I looked into this a little bit and I don’t see anything different than we’ve been hearing since 2016 except that now Barr is in charge and they might try again to attack Obama. It might work this time but it would still be based on bulls#!t. 

The FBI legally obtained a warrant due to the suspicion that Russia had infiltrated Trump’s campaign. It’s completely ludicrous to think Obama was just doing all of this to try to stop Trump from getting elected. Occam’s Razor says that he, like most of the rest of us, thought Trump had no chance and didn’t feel the need to just make s#!t up to stop him when his polling #s were terrible. They didn’t even release any information to the public during the election for f#&%’s sake, and they could have.

Best case scenario is this is their way of trying to excite their base, but it’s still disgusting. If they actually do anything it’s going to be the beginning of the end of democracy in this country (although I think the beginning may have already happened).

I think the Republicans and Trump can’t stand it when people say there were no major scandals under Obama. 

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, commando said:

not only is it trending on twittter....cheetovontweeto has added over 50 tweets with the same themes this morning

If he can get Barr to undo the s#!t with Flynn after Flynn admitted it and admitted he knew it was a crime, then he can probably have Barr re-investigate the other stuff the FBI looked into before and just make s#!t up. 

• Plus1 3

1 hour ago, commando said:

not only is it trending on twittter....cheetovontweeto has added over 50 tweets with the same themes this morning

I just bothered to read the replies on a tweet Obama sent out wishing Michelle and other moms a happy Mother's Day.

It's was full blown conspiracy land in there. Crazies out in force. Nasty, vitriolic s#!t - one person made a cute little reference to hanging. I'm sure it's heavily being pushed by bots but it certainly seems like they're trying to make this a thing.

18 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I looked into this a little bit and I don’t see anything different than we’ve been hearing since 2016 except that now Barr is in charge and they might try again to attack Obama. It might work this time but it would still be based on bulls#!t. 

The FBI legally obtained a warrant due to the suspicion that Russia had infiltrated Trump’s campaign. It’s completely ludicrous to think Obama was just doing all of this to try to stop Trump from getting elected. Occam’s Razor says that he, like most of the rest of us, thought Trump had no chance and didn’t feel the need to just make s#!t up to stop him when his polling #s were terrible. They didn’t even release any information to the public during the election for f#&%’s sake, and they could have.

Best case scenario is this is their way of trying to excite their base, but it’s still disgusting. If they actually do anything it’s going to be the beginning of the end of democracy in this country (although I think the beginning may have already happened).

I think the Republicans and Trump can’t stand it when people say there were no major scandals under Obama. 

Obana-Biden felt safe to attack Trump because they knew he didn't have a prayer to beat Hilary.  There would be no consequences under President HRC but for a few brave voters in the Midwest.

• Haha 5
1 hour ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Obana-Biden felt safe to attack Trump because they knew he didn't have a prayer to beat Hilary.  There would be no consequences under President HRC but for a few brave voters in the Midwest.

I believe this to be true as well.  There was no one and no polls that had Trump winning.

14 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

The fact that 80,000 Americans have died, and our President recently said testing isn't important - and we're discussing a guy that hasn't been in office for 3.5 years - is a massive W for Trump and Russia. 

It's a propaganda campaign for bots and idiots and Joe is doing his part to help it along. Which is too bad because he's not an idiot.